• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What things are cheaper in JB?

cola23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quotes from a few SG dentists for braces for my son range from S$4,500 to S$5,000. I was recommended a dentist in Skudai who's charging me RM2,500 to RM3,000 at the very most. Her clinic is very clean with impressive equipment. And since she's successfully done braces for two other kids whom I personally know, it became a no-brainer which dentist I choose.

Hi, please may I have the dentist address & contacts in skudai. Thank you

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quotes from a few SG dentists for braces for my son range from S$4,500 to S$5,000. I was recommended a dentist in Skudai who's charging me RM2,500 to RM3,000 at the very most. Her clinic is very clean with impressive equipment. And since she's successfully done braces for two other kids whom I personally know, it became a no-brainer which dentist I choose.

hi mummymoo, can i have the contact too? thanks in advance!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
Anyone has any idea what is the price of samsung 7" and 10.1" tablets in Msia? And where is the place to buy?
Thanks

You can try Danga Mall, there are a few IT shops there.
Or wait for the next IT Fair, usually held at the Persada Convention Hall.

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing.

On another matter, I understood from one aircon shop that prices are going up for aircons wef Apr 1st. Forumers take note when u go aircon shopping.

You can try Danga Mall, there are a few IT shops there.
Or wait for the next IT Fair, usually held at the Persada Convention Hall.

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
just realised that q and m dental have branches in JB. suaku me..

anyway, would the charges be cheaper as compared to their branches in sg?

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get, why look for q&m in JB? They might be cheaper than here but confirm more expensive than locals entist

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most probably they stay in Woodlands. If I am staying in Woodlands I will probably also do that, go in for makan and pump petrol.:p

But most people I know got nothing better to do. Pump petrol only and return. None of these dimwits ever considered time to be the most precious commodity

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
But most people I know got nothing better to do. Pump petrol only and return. None of these dimwits ever considered time to be the most precious commodity

JB has lots of CHEONG.

Petrol , carwash, cheap medicine, great fuckshop at better price and quality. Look at the better side. Never never call names, dimwit !

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can buy unlimited medicine at 50% cheaper form any jb pharmacy , without any doctor precipitation.
In Singapore you need to see doctor & will give you limited medicine for 3 month. See him again $$$$.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call to increase gas price gradually
Published: Tuesday April 15, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Tuesday April 15, 2014 MYT 7:49:53 AM

PETALING JAYA: Manufacturers and industrial consumers say the move to raise the price of natural gas to the non-power sector should be done gradually and in a more transparent manner.

The increase was ill-timed and “totally disregards” the difficult business environment faced by the steel industry, said the Malaysian Iron & Steel Industry Federation (Misif), which would object to the price hike.

According to the trade body, steel players had yet to receive an official notification from Gas Malaysia on the change in prices.

Last Friday, Gas Malaysia Bhd announced that the Government had approved a revision to the natural gas tariff for industrial users by an average of 20% from RM16.07 per million British thermal unit (MMBtu) to RM19.32/MMBtu. The new rates take effect on May 1.

Misif president Datuk Soh Thian Lai explained that the 20% increase in gas prices to industrial users could raise total production costs of steel players by around 10% to 20%.

“The industry is currently facing stiff competition on imports from China on some of its products and effective measures will need to be taken to remedy the situation. In the minds of the players, the imposition of a 6% goods and services tax next year will aggravate the situation further as steel products are now not subject to sales tax.

“The steel industry is a strategic industry for the nation and to face the numerous challenges it would need the assistance of various authorities in formulating and implementing the right strategies and policies in ensuring that it remains competitive in a fair-trade competitive environment,” the association said.

Malaysian Rubber Glove Manufacturers Association said an increase in gas prices of more than 5% was “high and difficult to manage”. It has also not received any information from the Government on the adjustment in gas prices.

“Any gas price hike would definitely put extra burden on rubber glove manufacturers and reduce our competitiveness. This is especially so when we just had a 16.9% increase in electricity prices on Jan 1.

“Our manufacturers are still working hard to manage the higher costs,” Margma president Lim Kwee Shyan said in an email to StarBiz.

Hartalega Holdings Bhd managing director Kuan Mun Leong said the reduction in natural gas subsidies did not come as a surprise, although the short notice period would make it tough for businesses to react before the increase took effect.

“Hartalega will have to find ways to mitigate the cost increase by passing it on to customers, and at the same time look for ways to reduce our manufacturing costs through better efficiency,” he told StarBiz via text message.

A recent survey by the Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers on the impact of the electricity tariff increase showed that on average, monthly natural gas cost as a percentage of total production cost was 7.1%.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...nies-urge-gradual-rise-in-natural-gas-prices/

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things will get more expensive soon. My milo ice has been priced between $2.20-2.40 RM, up from $2.00-2.20 RM last year, but this is still cheap compare to Singapore around S$2.20 at food court in smaller packet.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone has any recommendation for a good optometrist? Need to bring elderly parents to make prescription glasses. TIA.

RioSG

Hi @ Mummymoo, really appreciate if you could PM me the address and location of the Skudai Dental Clinic.
Thxs in advance

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just changed car alarm for $180 rm ,checked in spore cheapest being S$150 ,worth the extra toll we paying.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sushi !!!!

Was at Taman Daya and tried Sushi Mentai. The conveyor belt items come in only two colors, pink (RM1.80) and red (RM2.80). Food was good, by my standards (which is not demanding).

Eat till peng! LOL!:biggrin: