• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What things are cheaper in JB?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
excellent solution. in fact, you can just insert the SIM card into your phone and use that as a wifi hotspot to connect your other devices to it.

http://mobilejournalists.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/using-your-phones-3g-signal-as-a-wifi-hotspot/

but what i would like (haven't shopped around yet) is a prepaid 3G USB stick just for one laptop.

for eg:

http://www.u.com.my/internet-prepaid-plans

found any good / better deals?

Now Digi has year-end promotion good for weekenders, who can load and use when they are there: only $5RM to reload 100MB for 2 days (Sat and Sun):

Without modem ($25RM): http://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite...and_macs_overview/pre_broad_for_pc_and_tablet
With modem ($99RM): http://new.digi.com.my/cs/Satellite?pagename=ec/ext/show_item&product_id=20005

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's still very ex. my singtel 10mbps is only 29$.
also, in general, MY retailers / service providers have a looong way to go in terms of customer service.

Getting better.

From ABN Xcess

Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 12.00.22 PM.png

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where you find kinda deal? Your son is below 6yrs old?

I started by calling a dozen of golf courses/resort and ask them for contacts of coaches for kids and then calling coaches one by one to find out what kind of program they offer. This one I found is in kulai, quite a distance away but we are committed to send him there on every Saturday.

My son is 10

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I started by calling a dozen of golf courses/resort and ask them for contacts of coaches for kids and then calling coaches one by one to find out what kind of program they offer. This one I found is in kulai, quite a distance away but we are committed to send him there on every Saturday.

My son is 10

Good price! and Yes agree that JB is much cheaper for golf coach. Quality is as good compared to Singapore. Hired a renowned golf pro for my then GF (now wife) 5 years back, for RM1k for 11 lesson, 1on1 coaching. Quote from SG around S$2K.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good price! and Yes agree that JB is much cheaper for golf coach. Quality is as good compared to Singapore. Hired a renowned golf pro for my then GF (now wife) 5 years back, for RM1k for 11 lesson, 1on1 coaching. Quote from SG around S$2K.

but what about PC- Proficiency Certificate? she can't play in S'pore isn't it?

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have found many other essential stuffs which are cheaper than buying in JB, I believe. For example, Swanton near Chinatown OG... etc detergent, shampoo, body foam, toothpaste, tooth brush...etc..

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
but what about PC- Proficiency Certificate? she can't play in S'pore isn't it?

So far the only course in Singapore I encountered an issue before was with Marina Bay (need to pay extra S$10 for assessment), other courses don't even ask anything. On the other hand we seldom play in Singapore, most of the time in JB... and in JB anything goes, except for RJCC which "sometimes" can be strict on rules.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I was told is that JB broadband is more exp than Sg. Anybody can comment on this from actual experience?

I have subscribe to a post paid bb. YES LIFE MOBILE BB. It comes with a dongle 4G. I am using my Malaysian friend's name to subscribe to it. You are also given a Malaysian number to usel using the data connection. People can call you even from fix landline

The speed is quite fast even inside city area. It cost me rm68 per month for 4 gig data

But if you are deep inside the building or shopping mall. You cannot get the signal. Thus you can"t surf.

On the North South high way, i like it a lot. It has quite a good connection speed. Speed is quite good even on Highway.

Surfing Speed : 4*/5*
Pricing per month : 3*/5*
Customer Service : 4*/5*

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks congo9. Can we subscribe, I mean foreigner under own name?

I have subscribe to a post paid bb. YES LIFE MOBILE BB. It comes with a dongle 4G. I am using my Malaysian friend's name to subscribe to it. You are also given a Malaysian number to usel using the data connection. People can call you even from fix landline

The speed is quite fast even inside city area. It cost me rm68 per month for 4 gig data

But if you are deep inside the building or shopping mall. You cannot get the signal. Thus you can"t surf.

On the North South high way, i like it a lot. It has quite a good connection speed. Speed is quite good even on Highway.

Surfing Speed : 4*/5*
Pricing per month : 3*/5*
Customer Service : 4*/5*

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks congo9. Can we subscribe, I mean foreigner under own name?

Thank you for contacting Yes Care.

With reference to your inquiry, kindly be informed that registration for foreigner will required your photocopy Passport with refundable foreigner deposit RM100.

Please do not hesitate to contact us via email to [email protected] or call our Interaction Center at 018-3330000 for further assistance :-

Mon-Fri: 8am – 10pm

Sat – Sun & Public Holidays: 9am – 5pm

But please beware, you need to buy their wifi hotspot router modem. It could be quite expensive. 300RM to 500RM