• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What things are cheaper in JB?

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haven't gotten precribed glasses in jb, but they seem cheaper. Anyone tried? How's the quality of the lenses?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haven't gotten precribed glasses in jb, but they seem cheaper. Anyone tried? How's the quality of the lenses?

Try Opticall 88 Outlet at JPO.

Same quality as Singapore and much cheaper. They have regular and high end designer stuff. Very good selection.

As far as I remember, the lens itself was half of Singapore and the frames were 20-30% cheaper.

Equinox

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got my prescribed glasses from the Optical shop in BI Tesco (Ground floor next to the sliding door leading to carpark). Definitely cheaper than SG and of good quality for both lens and frame..

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try Opticall 88 Outlet at JPO.

Same quality as Singapore and much cheaper. They have regular and high end designer stuff. Very good selection.

As far as I remember, the lens itself was half of Singapore and the frames were 20-30% cheaper.

Thanks bro and Equinox,
Will check them out.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owning and driving a car and free parking almost everywhere.
The amount you paid for parking, including season parking at home and at work in SG is more than enough for your monthly petrol in JB.

Last edited:

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I was told is that JB broadband is more exp than Sg. Anybody can comment on this from actual experience?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a parking summon from carpark warden. Was told can ignore, but if get from traffic mata better pay. True or not?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I was told is that JB broadband is more exp than Sg. Anybody can comment on this from actual experience?

It's true. I scanned through many brochures and the packages were not cheap. Initially I thought I can just install a very basic one in my house to surf for free. I suggest you buy the mobile DiGi SIM card, then use a device with this SIM card to wifi the house with it. Beyond $8 RM surfing is free for almost whole day.

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's true. I scanned through many brochures and the packages were not cheap. Initially I thought I can just install a very basic one in my house to surf for free. I suggest you buy the mobile DiGi SIM card, then use a device with this SIM card to wifi the house with it. Beyond $8 RM surfing is free for almost whole day.

You are referring to prepaid? Thanks

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
starhub fiber 300MB cost SGD49.90. Malaysia UNIFI 5 MB cost RM149.

yes. 5MB you read it right.

Use google people. Very useful tool.

Time fibre broadband offer 100mbps (100gb limit per month) for RM179.

Maxis home fibre broadband start from RM148 with 10mbps unlimited.

Have fun hunting!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use google people. Very useful tool.

Time fibre broadband offer 100mbps (100gb limit per month) for RM179.

Maxis home fibre broadband start from RM148 with 10mbps unlimited.

Have fun hunting!

that's still very ex. my singtel 10mbps is only 29$.
also, in general, MY retailers / service providers have a looong way to go in terms of customer service.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

excellent solution. in fact, you can just insert the SIM card into your phone and use that as a wifi hotspot to connect your other devices to it.

http://mobilejournalists.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/using-your-phones-3g-signal-as-a-wifi-hotspot/

but what i would like (haven't shopped around yet) is a prepaid 3G USB stick just for one laptop.

for eg:

http://www.u.com.my/internet-prepaid-plans

found any good / better deals?

Last edited: