• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What things are cheaper in JB?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What things do you find cheaper in JB compared to Singapore?

So many things! Food is tops. Movies cheaper. Also can get bootleg dvds and blu-rays which is only a few dollars.:biggrin:

Even electrical goods can be cheaper. I found out my LG 17kg washer in JB with extended warranty still cheaper than Courts by $300, not ringgit. I very dui after finding out:mad:. Now if want to buy things usually will ask whether JB cheaper.:biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Even electrical goods can be cheaper. I found out my LG 17kg washer in JB with extended warranty still cheaper than Courts by $300, not ringgit. I very dui after finding out:mad:. Now if want to buy things usually will ask whether JB cheaper.:biggrin:
me got 1 time ask sum1 y electrical / computer tings chippa in msia dan in sinkielan ...

he told me msia is dumping ground ... goodest quality items dey sel in sinkielan ...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone yearns for higher pay, so things won't remain that cheap.

It is just that Singapore got a lot more expensive faster e.g. a 10-year COE that costs about $200k RM. I can buy a few new bread and butter freehold cars in JB.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Electricity and water.

Water:
Can bathe and washed up clean and good while not being stressed up by the water con tax, and then add the gst on this.

Electricity:
Cheaper by half and then somemore in RM.

Samsung handphones product, like Galaxy gear - cheaper by S$100. But colleagues told me is because it is not international warranty.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
What things do you find cheaper in JB compared to Singapore?

Car wash at RM8 with vacum thrown in. Where can you find that in Singkie land ?

Medication and things like Physio Gel. I get it at $20 after conversion. It cost me $33 in Singapore.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
17kg washer ? Why do you need such a huge washing machine ? You have an extended family in JB or you wash your clothing fortnightly ?

So many things! Food is tops. Movies cheaper. Also can get bootleg dvds and blu-rays which is only a few dollars.

Even electrical goods can be cheaper. I found out my LG 17kg washer in JB with extended warranty still cheaper than Courts by $300, not ringgit. I very dui after finding out. Now if want to buy things usually will ask whether JB cheaper.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
17kg washer ? Why do you need such a huge washing machine ? You have an extended family in JB or you wash your clothing fortnightly ?

So many things! Food is tops. Movies cheaper. Also can get bootleg dvds and blu-rays which is only a few dollars.

Even electrical goods can be cheaper. I found out my LG 17kg washer in JB with extended warranty still cheaper than Courts by $300, not ringgit. I very dui after finding out. Now if want to buy things usually will ask whether JB cheaper.

Neither. Got big family. :p

Last edited:

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
So many things! Food is tops. Movies cheaper. Also can get bootleg dvds and blu-rays which is only a few dollars.:biggrin:

Even electrical goods can be cheaper. I found out my LG 17kg washer in JB with extended warranty still cheaper than Courts by $300, not ringgit. I very dui after finding out:mad:. Now if want to buy things usually will ask whether JB cheaper.:biggrin:

By $300 did you buy from jb bring back to SIN, you need to drive a lorry or pickup to transport it back.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
By $300 did you buy from jb bring back to SIN, you need to drive a lorry or pickup to transport it back.

No lah, I bought mine from Courts Singapore and then sent to JB home together with the rest of the barang barang with CHL Movers.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
handphone is cheaper in sg. but only if you sign contract. without contract jb is cheaper by a small margin.probably because of gst.