• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think is the best option for this 35-year-old Single with $310,000?

houses

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you think is the best option for this 35-year-old single with $310,000? (Don't ask how did he has this $310,000)

He is currently single and has $310,000 in his bank account but he has no house. He is single with no extra family burden to feed too.

Do you chaps think it is best he

1) go buy a resale 3-rm flat as a single. ( he cannot apply for the 2-rm BTO)

2) don't buy flat 1st and use his $310,000 to buy stocks and hold for a period of time 1st. (A financial planner actually recommend him to be daring and buy stocks with his $300K but he is extremely hesistant on this becos it is a very risky gamble that can go badly wrong although if hit the right stocks at the right time, the financial planner said $310K can become double to $600K within 1 year too.)

3)Frankly he is currently very depressed in spore too, do you think he should take his $310,000 and go to some overseas Asian country to live for a period of time 1st?

Last edited:

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of your above options.

Here is my bestest recommendation: He should donate all of his money to Pinky, Ho Jinx or PAP or Old Fart. For $310,000, Old Fart will stop spinning rubbish books on how he tamed Sinkieland.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Find and marry a rich woman (from a well-to-do family with guaranteed inheritance), let your powers combine and hey presto, the 7th digit appears in your bank account. :wink:

Even better, marry into the Familee. I heard Lee Wei Ling and Lee Xiu Qi are both still single...

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Houses,I suggest he makes a punt and wait just a while more as collapse is on the way,he can than buy a bungalow with this sum

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$310k can buy 3 room hdb at which location?
Got job? Why can't take loan?
Money must invest if not how else it grows?

houses

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Houses,I suggest he makes a punt and wait just a while more as collapse is on the way,he can than buy a bungalow with this sum

Frankly, he said he is a bit tempted by what that financial planner told him to take a punt and use that $310,000 to buy stocks.

But he noticed nowadays overwhelming vast majority of people lose money in stocks, not like the early 1990s stock market time that time easier to make money from stocks.

Recently despite DOW making new all-time highs but most stocks in SGX including both Blue Chips and pennies stock are still keep trending down, esp penny stocks have plunged crashed very badly this year. Also unsure of what stocks in SGX can buy now since almost all stocks are trending down

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you think is the best option for this 35-year-old single with $310,000? (Don't ask how did he has this $310,000)

He is currently single and has $310,000 in his bank account but he has no house. He is single with no extra family burden to feed too.

Do you chaps think it is best he

1) go buy a resale 3-rm flat as a single. ( he cannot apply for the 2-rm BTO)

2) don't buy flat 1st and use his $310,000 to buy stocks and hold for a period of time 1st. (A financial planner actually recommend him to be daring and buy stocks with his $300K but he is extremely hesistant on this becos it is a very risky gamble that can go badly wrong although if hit the right stocks at the right time, the financial planner said $310K can become double to $600K within 1 year too.)

3)Frankly he is currently very depressed in spore too, do you think he should take his $310,000 and go to some overseas Asian country to live for a period of time 1st?

Best option is to diversify. Use part of the money as downpayment for condo. Invest the remaining into insurance and stocks. For stocks, try not to invest too much for time being as market is a little overpriced now.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Even if he can double his 300k within 1-2 year, he will stil be depressed. Choose option 3. But dont ever come back here liao. Here very crowded, better he migrate overseas.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can pool the money with wendychan and share her van half half

who knows, your friend might get lucky :biggrin:

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) Understand that Life is short

2) Allocate 20k for backpack overseas budget travel to widen his horizon.

He should be in a better position to judge and decide what he should do after that.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There is no one formula fits all. It all depends upon the individual.

If he has some good ideas regarding how to create wealth, a portion of that $310,000 will come in very useful in getting a business up and running.

I spent about USD150,000 to get things going. After 6 years, I got it all back plus more. It was a hard slog but it was a very satisfying experience.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your option (1) is not directly related to his $310K as buying house does not need to pay using cash - how much he has in cpf is the main question.

option (2) I think is close like gambling

option (3) is the best since he is depressed, he should use the money to enjoy and not to make himself depressed.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the lousy advices.

Shows that Sam has all the failures in his forum. Which is not surprising to me.

$310k go buy a resale 4A at some good location. Loan from HDBeee just 100k over .
Hell if he still got Con People Fund plonk down all from his OA. That even cut down on his loan amount.
Do NOT and I emphasis again, do not take any HDBee grant. Maybe use about 270 to 280k of the money. Tthe rest keep for reno.

Cut down his time for after ever 2 years he can rent out. Current rent hover around $3000 per mth. In 2 years, he can expect his pigeon hole to appreciate to close to 500k or more or rent it out to enjoy more than $3500k per mth.

After this he can fucked off to join Sam in his NZ fuck hole of carry on in Sinkland... stay single, go whoring every week and laugh at all his fellow Sinkie losers struggling to cope. LoL

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the lousy advices.

Shows that Sam has all the failures in his forum. Which is not surprising to me.

$310k go buy a resale 4A at some good location. Loan from HDBeee just 100k over .
Hell if he still got Con People Fund plonk down all from his OA. That even cut down on his loan amount.
Do NOT and I emphasis again, do not take any HDBee grant. Maybe use about 270 to 280k of the money. Tthe rest keep for reno.

Cut down his time for after ever 2 years he can rent out. Current rent hover around $3000 per mth. In 2 years, he can expect his pigeon hole to appreciate to close to 500k or more or rent it out to enjoy more than $3500k per mth.

After this he can fucked off to join Sam in his NZ fuck hole of carry on in Sinkland... stay single, go whoring every week and laugh at all his fellow Sinkie losers struggling to cope. LoL

You are a very confident man.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All the lousy advices.

Should be "All the lousy ADVICE.".

"Advice" is a non countable noun, you do not add an "s" to make it plural.

Your plan is low risk but the returns are nothing spectacular.

If the person concerned is creative and driven, he can easily get a 10 fold return on the $310,000 and that sets him up for life.