• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Spawn of Temple-Tuttle

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I so nearly did not want to go out on Saturday night.

The moon was full. But it was a good evening and after an excellent meal at a good restaurant, I drove off
into the desert again. That rug was still at the back. With my icebox loaded with a couple of bags of ice cubes and fruit juice, I drove off deep away from the city lights.

Got off the main road and went onto the track. Even though few cars were on the road, the approach of any cars with head lights blazing would have nuked my night vision for at least ten minutes should I stay near the main road.

Unloaded my rug, prepared my ice fruit juice and waited for about 20 minutes listening to my MP3 via Nexus.
That was to let my night vision return to me. I knew where Leo constellation was. That would be the radiant of the shooting stars tonight.
And of course, they were called the Leonids.

With the full moon, it was very difficult to spot any. In an hour, I was certain only of 1. I might have seen another 4. Those were so faint that they might well be figments of my yearning to see them.

I decided to call it a night earlier.

Work start tomorrow for me on Sunday and I might as well get a good night sleep .

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do anyone here like to go out and look for ISS???
there is an apps where they tell you what time, which direction to look, then you go out and wait, and see it zoom past you.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking for the ISS is a very good way to start admiring the night sky.

Unlike shooting stars, the ISS is predictable and very bright and will be in that predicted part of sky for 2-4 minutes making it easy to spot.
That can be seen either after dark or before dawn. You see that by the sunlight reflected off ISS which is why
you look for that after dark or before dawn near the horizon.

You need a place with clear sky and clear horizon. I cannot imagine that in Singapore.

Use this as your first step into the night sky.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking for the ISS is a very good way to start admiring the night sky.

Unlike shooting stars, the ISS is predictable and very bright and will be in that predicted part of sky for 2-4 minutes making it easy to spot.
That can be seen either after dark or before dawn. You see that by the sunlight reflected off ISS which is why
you look for that after dark or before dawn near the horizon.

You need a place with clear sky and clear horizon. I cannot imagine that in Singapore.

Use this as your first step into the night sky.

i do that when i was in sedona. Admire the stars in the milky way. In singapore, no thanks, too much mosquito.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i do that when i was in sedona. Admire the stars in the milky way. In singapore, no thanks, too much mosquito.

Folks,

No need to be jealous of singveld and his name dropping of places in Arizona to look at the stars.
Or of my accounts of shooting stars from the remote desert in ME.
You can have even more beautiful viewing sites without having to leave your apartment in Singapore to feed mosquitoes.

How about observing from Mount Teide on Tenerife of the Canary Islands

Control and view remotely a powerful telescope there.

Join the SLOOH community
http://events.slooh.com/overview

Your world will not be the same after that.