• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economic News

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opps...I did that in Sime Darby Ara Damansara, one of the newest hospital they have. I thought same standard.Didn't know the difference.:smile:

In fact, once I did slight chest pain, saw a cardiologist last year. Did heart echo, kinda ultrasonic scan of the heart and able to see inside, blooding coming in and out, pumping action all that. in the end, it is just a muscle pull and that cost me RM 1700.

Money spent is no issue most important Heart swee swee…
We only have 1 heart. Must take care lo.
Stay away from Cholesterol.

:cool:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opps...I did that in Sime Darby Ara Damansara, one of the newest hospital they have. I thought same standard.Didn't know the difference.:smile:

In fact, once I did slight chest pain, saw a cardiologist last year. Did heart echo, kinda ultrasonic scan of the heart and able to see inside, blooding coming in and out, pumping action all that. in the end, it is just a muscle pull and that cost me RM 1700.

Actually can we buy medical insurance to cover every damp thing including such check up ? Machiam comprehensive car insurance ? Currently most people just depends on medic shield and some hospitalisation coverage. A lot of grey areas , most people don't how much coverage is sufficient , what is covered what is not .:(
Wife recently go for scope check on stomach costs S$750 , surprised that AIA fully pay for it:smile:
Another time I visited emergency ward for fractured bone , S$650 cannot claim . AIA say must stay hospital at least one day then can claim . Very confusing :confused:
Note that in both incidents Mati Shield is totally useless , unless Mati maybe then can claim?

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money spent is no issue most important Heart swee swee…
We only have 1 heart. Must take care lo.
Stay away from Cholesterol.

:cool:

Conventional wisdom can be wrong. Cholesterol is the culprit for heart disease is actually not supported by vigorous scientific research, mistake that taught over generation and slowly human being do not even bother to ask how true is it.

The Cholesterol Myth and the True Cause of Heart Disease
[video=youtube;xQnileaJw2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQnileaJw2Y[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1f9g9Y1wm0

And there is a video that i find it handy in explaining the whole history aboout how this mistake started....but i couldnt find the link.

For more info, can search for past few years (only fairly recently scientific community trying to debunked) scientific research journal in this issue. But yea, for the moment, we still stick to the good old fashion scientific understanding first, changing dietary recommendation always come much later. The latest trend it seem like restricting sugar intake is much important that restricting cholesterol intake. Im not going to spoonfed, hope you enjoy drilling into new knowledge and be more advance than doctor in understanding this issue.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
You avoiding the ultimate questions:

Does cashless mean the Petronas has no cash? If not what does cashless mean? I ask for your source of your interpretation of cashless, please give me one authoritative accounting source or standard.

Aiyah pretty obvious that Bro Snowbird has no sense of business/finance or accounts lah. No point dwelling on the topic. He talks more sense about reclaimed land/engineering stuff though, so maybe he's an engineer working in 1 of the JB factories.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah pretty obvious that Bro Snowbird has no sense of business/finance or accounts lah. No point dwelling on the topic. He talks more sense about reclaimed land/engineering stuff though, so maybe he's an engineer working in 1 of the JB factories.

I will be deeply disappointed and totally wrong if he ever work or stay in Malaysia or had any form of linkage to Malaysian companies. Even those factories do not deserve him.
He is totally, unreservingly true blue patriotic Singaporean under whatever circumstances. Singapore is very lucky and should be very proud to have people like him.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will be deeply disappointed and totally wrong if he ever work or stay in Malaysia or had any form of linkage to Malaysian companies. Even those factories do not deserve him.
He is totally, unreservingly true blue patriotic Singaporean under whatever circumstances. Singapore is very lucky and should be very proud to have people like him.

If you follow his posts from old times, it's pretty obvious he's a Johorean. Maybe he's a SG PR or has gotten his SG citizenship by now. Actually I realise that the worst critics of Malaysia are not Singaporeans, but local-born like him. I have seen many such examples over the course of my work.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you follow his posts from old times, it's pretty obvious he's a Johorean. Maybe he's a SG PR or has gotten his SG citizenship by now. Actually I realise that the worst critics of Malaysia are not Singaporeans, but local-born like him. I have seen many such examples over the course of my work.

Then all the more his word carry more weight as he certainly knows what he is talking about when it comes to Johor and has been on the other side. No point listening to johoreans who are still living in johor, their views are skewed.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh..really? so he can be considered Foreign Talent? If true, congratulations. Gomen like him.
He stand amongst all the new FTs contributing to the 5.1m population. No wonder smrt so crowded these days.
But maybe not true la. How can? Malaysians don't talk bad about Malaysians. But then again, exMalaysian normally want to justify why they moved out. So cannot blame them.

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh..really? so he can be considered Foreign Talent? If true, congratulations. Gomen like him.
He stand amongst all the new FTs contributing to the 5.1m population. No wonder smrt so crowded these days.
But maybe not true la. How can? Malaysians don't talk bad about Malaysians. But then again, exMalaysian normally want to justify why they moved out. So cannot blame them.

Malaysian dont talk bad about malaysian but they talk bad about malaysia.

I do feel that singaporean more welcoming malaysian compare to like indon or prc, right?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same same like those Singaporeans die die must justify how good their Malaysian properties are and why they bought, so cannot blame them.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many non-Johoreans can talk in depth about Mount Austin, Sutera Utama, Sungai Segget, Johor water rationing etc? Esp the last 2 topics.

He's either (a) local Johorean who hopes for durian to drop, or (b) SG PR/new citizen who had converted to Singaporean.

Then again, if he's (b), usually my experience is that they are not so interested in JB news anymore. To them, JB is a distant thing of the past: messy, dangerous, corrupted. So my guess is he's (a) lah.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Conventional wisdom can be wrong. Cholesterol is the culprit for heart disease is actually not supported by vigorous scientific research, mistake that taught over generation and slowly human being do not even bother to ask how true is it.

The Cholesterol Myth and the True Cause of Heart Disease
[video=youtube;xQnileaJw2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQnileaJw2Y[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1f9g9Y1wm0

And there is a video that i find it handy in explaining the whole history aboout how this mistake started....but i couldnt find the link.

For more info, can search for past few years (only fairly recently scientific community trying to debunked) scientific research journal in this issue. But yea, for the moment, we still stick to the good old fashion scientific understanding first, changing dietary recommendation always come much later. The latest trend it seem like restricting sugar intake is much important that restricting cholesterol intake. Im not going to spoonfed, hope you enjoy drilling into new knowledge and be more advance than doctor in understanding this issue.

Thanks for the heads up. Statins or any other pharma drugs are best not taken if possible through dietary/lifestyle control.
Since our Liver makes all the cholesterol we need, i guess dietary cholesterol is not really needed?
Cholesterol is only found in Animal products. Not a bad idea to limit those?
Cheers to good health!

:wink:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

these people also incline to be the Ang moh tua kee type.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the heads up. Statins or any other pharma drugs are best not taken if possible through dietary/lifestyle control.
Since our Liver makes all the cholesterol we need, i guess dietary cholesterol is not really needed?
Cholesterol is only found in Animal products. Not a bad idea to limit those?
Cheers to good health!

:wink:

Tell you an interesting story.Many years ago, I had my diastolic reading at 100 even though my systolic is at 120. So old lady Dr put me on pills say it is very bad that the bottom reading is so high. I took these little pills and everything improved. Few mths later, I had flu and sent to this same clinic. A Singh Dr saw my medical record and ask if those pills are good for my blood pressure. I said I am happy. he said if you have a chance, wean if off. Try not to take so often.The reason is prolonged medication would result impotence. Eeek!!!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many non-Johoreans can talk in depth about Mount Austin, Sutera Utama, Sungai Segget, Johor water rationing etc? Esp the last 2 topics.

He's either (a) local Johorean who hopes for durian to drop, or (b) SG PR/new citizen who had converted to Singaporean.

Then again, if he's (b), usually my experience is that they are not so interested in JB news anymore. To them, JB is a distant thing of the past: messy, dangerous, corrupted. So my guess is he's (a) lah.

Actually I was curious why a Singaporean is kinda fixated on 1MDB or Petronas especially when LHL is so close to Najib. Chances are he is indeed a Johorean who just hate Najib, RBA style. And frequently quoting from MalaysiaKini....damn..should have known. Then again, I do not like to involve politics on this forum.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell you an interesting story.Many years ago, I had my diastolic reading at 100 even though my systolic is at 120. So old lady Dr put me on pills say it is very bad that the bottom reading is so high. I took these little pills and everything improved. Few mths later, I had flu and sent to this same clinic. A Singh Dr saw my medical record and ask if those pills are good for my blood pressure. I said I am happy. he said if you have a chance, wean if off. Try not to take so often.The reason is prolonged medication would result impotence. Eeek!!!

Just mean the old lady doc was not too concerned about sex matter but the male doc did probably as a man to man thing.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just mean the old lady doc was not too concerned about sex matter but the male doc did probably as a man to man thing.

Yeah and at that time I was like 45 yrs old.
The whole story is do not depend on those drugs. If at all possible, avoid them.Try alternatives from traditional to exercises and diet.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole story is do not depend on those drugs. If at all possible, avoid them.Try alternatives from traditional to exercises and diet.

I attended a talk by pharmacology professor to doctors once. She said doctors still need to prescribe medicine for treatment. If it can be helped, doctors should avoid prescribing medicine as ALL medicine has side effect.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

I attended a talk by a pharmacology professor to doctors once. She said doctors still need to prescribe medicine for treatment. However, if it can be helped, doctors should avoid prescribing medicine as ALL medicine has side effect.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attended a talk by a pharmacology professor to doctors once. She said doctors still need to prescribe medicine for treatment. However, if it can be helped, doctors should avoid prescribing medicine as ALL medicine has side effect.

Maybe doctors "have to" prescribe medicine, otherwise others may perceive that the doctor did not give you any therapeutic treatment. Cannot be literally just "see doctor" only mah!:biggrin: