• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economic News

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest loser is very obvious. Its Singapore for sure if China or Malaysia or Vietnam or Pinoy progress which is for sure.

Alright take a deep breath. I know you wanna punch me in my face already

Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia needs the Chinese money badly., especially Malaysia.
China has all the money they need for progress and development of infrastructure.
China's One Belt One Road require those said countries to co-operate and by giving just out some candies and they will all quietly back off the South China Sea dispute.
It may seems a win-win situation but ultimately you'll see who'll emerge the real biggest winner.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can already see the outcome emerging if you are sharp and observant enough and of course if also read international news.
That's very true when one is being too delusional and myopic, and reads only The People's Daily and Global Times, which are the direct propaganda from the CCP. It's no surprise that humans of the same "kind" do help one another.

At this rate, I won't be surprised if within 7 to 8 years, the Chinks will command supremacy over the Malays if the latter will continue to be submissive.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
BEIJING: China’s big corporations have expressed interest in expanding their investments in Malaysia, with construction company Country Garden stating plans to invest up to US$100bil (RM418bil) in 20 years.

According to a statement from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (Miti), China’s corporate giants spoke of their confidence in Malaysia and disclosed their plans at a closed-door roundtable session with Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak on Tuesday.

The meeting was attended by 35 captains of industry representing large Chinese companies from the infrastructure, manufacturing, education, financial, Internet of Things (IoT), property development, smart cities and machinery sectors.

IoT is when the Internet and computer networks expand to areas such as manufacturing, energy grids, healthcare facilities and transport systems.

“The participants were upbeat about Malaysia and gave very positive feedback about their experiences doing business in Malaysia.

“In fact, all of them expressed interest in continuing to expand their participation in future economic developments,” said the Miti statement, issued in conjunction with the Prime Minister’s visit to China.

Its minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed and Malaysia’s Special Envoy to China Tan Sri Ong Ka Ting were also at the roundtable.

“The positive feedback signifies their confidence in Malaysia due to our political stability, the Govern*ment’s responsiveness, clarity of policies and future direction of the country,” said the statement.

Miti said Najib had advised the Chinese corporations to work with local partners to create a win-win situation for all, after briefing them on the Malaysian economy and his pro-business policies.

It added that among the major plans revealed by Chinese industry captains at the meeting were:

> Huawei to work with government agencies and transportation industry, as well as utilities and financing industries, to launch flagship projects by making Malaysia an information and communications technology and IoT hub with global impact;

> Country Garden’s iconic Forest City Iskandar project in Johor has realised RM3.7bil and it is expecting the investment to reach US$100bil in two decades.

It will also be investing RM400mil to set up an Industrialised Building System (IBS) manufacturing plant to make precast building material (IBS is a technique where components are made in a controlled environment and assembled into construction works);

> HSBC proposing that the Government take full advantage of China’s huge capital market by introducing Sukuk Panda Bond; and

> ZTE to expand its presence in Malaysia by developing an IoT platform, a smart city and a R&D centre.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
“It was mission accomplished. It was not only about our country’s shared past, both sides have their eye on the future,” said Datuk Seri Idris Haron, the Chief Minister of Malacca where Chinese companies are building a new deep sea port.

The state visit has brought Malaysia-China ties to a new level and generated MoUs and investments totalling some RM414bil. The investments generated have been mind-boggling in terms of numbers and also in its multi-faceted mix.

Liow, who is also Transport Minister, has been particularly elated with the planned East Coast Rail Line costing RM55bil.

He told The Star’s journalist covering the China visit that the project, believed to be the single biggest deal signed with China, will open up the east coast.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are doing the right thing. Cos they are charging tooooooo cheaply. RM 100+ for operations and 2-3 weeks stay in hospitals. That's ridiculously cheap.

Singapore is better. They make u pay 10 times more and let u sleep in hospital corridors. My parents kena a few times already

JB hospital stops accepting tests over 'national funds shortage'

This is how seriously bad the economy of MY is right now.
Funds for healthcare had been slashed and slashed.
First, it was shortage of medicine and now they have to stop accepting patients for test.
Feel so sorry for the common folks.

Read more: https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/362448#ixzz4Pi1wtjSK

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are doing the right thing. Cos they are charging tooooooo cheaply. RM 100+ for operations and 2-3 weeks stay in hospitals. That's ridiculously cheap.

Singapore is better. They make u pay 10 times more and let u sleep in hospital corridors. My parents kena a few times already

You may be very rich but totally lack in filial piety to allowed your aged and sick parents to sleep in hospital corridors and worse, for many times.
Your parents must be very sick to be warded a few times and yet you didn't bother and let them suffer the discomfort of sleeping in corridors again and again.
Surely you can easily afford the Gleneagles or similar class hospitals in SG but didn't, you just wanted to keep the money to yourself.
Don't you find this shameful and disgusting?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may be very rich but totally lack in filial piety to allowed your aged and sick parents to sleep in hospital corridors and worse, for many times.
Your parents must be very sick to be warded a few times and yet you didn't bother and let them suffer the discomfort of sleeping in corridors again and again.
Surely you can easily afford the Gleneagles or similar class hospitals in SG but didn't, you just wanted to keep the money to yourself.
Don't you find this shameful and disgusting?
Ha Ha, nice one. I bet he'll come back to clarify that he had meant "his friend's" parents. Typing mistake lah.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
A handful here talk a lot about their wealth. They will divulge how many properties they have, or how as businessmen, they rub shoulders with some CEOs blah blah blah. They will say something like "The other day I was talking to a director/CEO of this company, etc etc, etc. They are relocating out of Singapore". And to them, that has become the gospel truth that Singapore is doomed. Yet, when you point out how dangerous Johor can be, with all the real life robberies, thefts, murders, etc (verified by Johoreans themselves!), they will say you are exaggerating or don't know anything about Johor!

Occasionally, they will paint an end of the world picture of Singapore and praise Johor to the skies. (Funny thing is, if Singapore is doomz, Johor will have "pulverised" much earlier first.) Yet very ironically, these people still hold onto their pink ICs or have a place in Singapore!

I seriously cannot understand. Why bite the hand that feeds? If life is so jialat in Singapore, isn't it better to quickly pack up and move to other countries, eg Malaysia or elsewhere? There is nothing wrong with this thinking. Many have migrated out of Singapore because they found it not conducive to their living. But at least they got the guts to leave. Why talk so much negative things about Singapore and at the same time, enjoy whatever benefits you can get? It's not just being a hypocrite. It's a coward behaviour.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been telling my msian colleagues too. Esp those permit holders n SPRs. Why keep condemning ur Msian garment but keep praising Sinkie garment? They shld just renounce their blue ic n exchange for sinkie pink ic lah. Shld live in sinkieland permanently.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha Ha, nice one. I bet he'll come back to clarify that he had meant "his friend's" parents. Typing mistake lah.

Haha, no chance for correction now already la.
He is also one extremely selfish person, so rich and still sent his aged and very sick (warded few times must be very sick la) parents to public hospital, fighting for the limited class C hospital beds meant for the poorer people and let them suffer in corridor again and again instead of sending them to the Mt E or similar class hospital.
As despicable as that slimy multi-faced psychopathic Tekkun.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Teach u, since your "already" do not end with a full stop. You can say you havent finish typing, after kena a few times, you have no choice but send them to bloody expensive sg private hospital and make you pay 100 times more.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
新加坡裁員不斷 大馬人無奈回國找工

The headlines says "Continuing retrenchment in Singapore, Malaysians have no choice but return home to seek job".

Many Malaysians were affected by the slowdown in the O&G industries plus the overall slowdown in SG's economy forced many to return to MY to seek job as there is little job opportunity in SG currently.
Those in the S$5K to S$8K range, many had already left though very reluctantly knowing they will never get an equivalent pay or near it.
Wonder how many of those retrenched executives bought properties in JB?

http://www.chinapress.com.my/20161116/新加坡裁員不斷-大馬人無奈回國找工/

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
新加坡裁員不斷 大馬人無奈回國找工

The headlines says "Continuing retrenchment in Singapore, Malaysians have no choice but return home to seek job".

Many Malaysians were affected by the slowdown in the O&G industries plus the overall slowdown in SG's economy forced many to return to MY to seek job as there is little job opportunity in SG currently.
Those in the S$5K to S$8K range, many had already left though very reluctantly knowing they will never get an equivalent pay or near it.
Wonder how many of those retrenched executives bought properties in JB?

http://www.chinapress.com.my/20161116/新加坡裁員不斷-大馬人無奈回國找工/

Wonder how many of them were secretly or openly happy when reading news of Spore economy falling? Until the retrenchment axe falls on them.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder how many of them were secretly or openly happy when reading news of Spore economy falling? Until the retrenchment axe falls on them.

Yeah, I'd repeatedly warned those people to be very careful what they wished for, it might come true.
More than 30,000 had been retrenched this year, many from Keppel and Semcorp, and maybe more to come and many are Malaysians from that 300,000 group coming in everyday.

http://www.humanresourcesonline.net/keppel-reduces-workforce-8000-first-three-quarters-2016/

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also wonder how many are openly happy that JB economy will fall even worse compared to SG and that Singaporeans have purchased properties in JB?

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also wonder how many are openly happy that JB economy will fall even worse compared to SG and that Singaporeans have purchased properties in JB?

Those with bullets left will be sibeh happy. You know Trump bought new york asset during recession time, each of them turn out to be super lucrative investment...worth 100x more.

The rich will always do the cleaning after others ppl impulsive disorder had faded. Im still not sure whether 2017 is a good buy in time...but if situation persist, can wait until 2018 only get in.

Is just a cycle, not persisting deflation threat like what happened in japan.