• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Economic News

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
The sick man of Europe is showing signs of stabilizing.
US is recovering. Asia is restructuring (Hot $ in/out).
Low Oil $ mainly boost global markets thru consumerism.
Consumerism to me is the only way the Global mkt can recover.
In a nutshell. Posititive market generally for 2015.
But not SG property mkt. :(

Huat ah!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to yesterday CNA financial report, prediction for oil price recovery may not happen till after 2016.
Major oil companies all over the world are reducing capital expenditure, delaying investment and actively cutting cost including reducing staff strength.
Peronas had announced a 15 to 20% cut in expenditure which is a massive cut, expect job cuts and negative repercussion down the line affecting the supporting industries and sub contractors.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to yesterday CNA financial report, prediction for oil price recovery may not happen till after 2016.
Major oil companies all over the world are reducing capital expenditure, delaying investment and actively cutting cost including reducing staff strength.
Peronas had announced a 15 to 20% cut in expenditure which is a massive cut, expect job cuts and negative repercussion down the line affecting the supporting industries and sub contractors.

According to 《联合晚报》, oil price "recovery" has already begun.

本地汽油价连续下调大约15次后,过去三天随国际原油价回弹,出现“上调快”的纷纷上调,有汽油公司一次过把95级汽油每公升调高8分!

汽油价“下调慢,上调快”是市场与驾车人士观察所得。同时,根据网站数据,国际原油价去年6月已开始显著下跌,本地各大汽油公司,则是在7月底8月开始第一轮小幅度下调。

而从去年6月到12月,国际原油价下跌近40%,95级汽油价却是到12月1日才下调到2元,半年里降12%左右,到12月中从2.28元下调到1.92元,降16%。

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to 《联合晚报》, oil price "recovery" has already begun.

本地汽油价连续下调大约15次后,过去三天随国际原油价回弹,出现“上调快”的纷纷上调,有汽油公司一次过把95级汽油每公升调高8分!

汽油价“下调慢,上调快”是市场与驾车人士观察所得。同时,根据网站数据,国际原油价去年6月已开始显著下跌,本地各大汽油公司,则是在7月底8月开始第一轮小幅度下调。

而从去年6月到12月,国际原油价下跌近40%,95级汽油价却是到12月1日才下调到2元,半年里降12%左右,到12月中从2.28元下调到1.92元,降16%。

Dear friend, this news is about the prices of 汽油 (petrol) and not crude oil prices.
And its also about the petrol prices in SG had not gone down in corresponding to the drop in crude oil prices.
For your info, Ron 95 in MY is now only rm1.70 while in SG its S$1.92 (rm5.10 which is about 3 times higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The news report that I was referring to was about the recovery of crude oil prices which had dipped over 50% within 6 months and will probably not recover till after 2016!

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear friend, this news is about the prices of 汽油 (petrol) and not crude oil prices.
And its also about the petrol prices in SG had not gone down in corresponding to the drop in crude oil prices.
For your info, Ron 95 in MY is now only rm1.70 while in SG its S$1.92 (rm5.10 which is about 3 times higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The news report that I was referring to was about the recovery of crude oil prices which had dipped over 50% within 6 months and will probably not recover till after 2016!

I actually got your drift. Just mocking the local scene where the "recovery" appeared to have come early, judging by the speed they quickly revised the pump price upwards :mad:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it amusing that after the world oil prices dived all the way down, Spore pump prices did not dive all the way down.. then now the world oil prices are heading up, local pump companies quickly adjusted upward. Singaporeans are indeed screwed forever.

I pump RM2.00 RON 97 recently. That's like 70 Singapore cent per litre. Damn happy to contribute to Malaysia economy and contribute less to greedy companies and govt of Singapore

I love Malaysia

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it amusing that after the world oil prices dived all the way down, Spore pump prices did not dive all the way down.. then now the world oil prices are heading up, local pump companies quickly adjusted upward. Singaporeans are indeed screwed forever.

I pump RM2.00 RON 97 recently. That's like 70 Singapore cent per litre. Damn happy to contribute to Malaysia economy and contribute less to greedy companies and govt of Singapore

I love Malaysia

Petrol prices in SG will always be high and its NOT due to prices of crude oil but due to high labour and land cost!
Petrol companies are paying astronomical figures for their station sites!
For example last year, Esso bid a record $27 million for a 2,000 sq m 10-year lease site in AMK.
S$27 mil for a 10-year lease works out to a rent of $225,000 per month or $7,500 a day, how to sell you cheaper petrol!!!
And SG is probably the only country in the world that prevents its citizens from benefitting a cheaper commodity by imposing 3/4 tank rules to protect the traders!!!!

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like a bunch of white leeches all over the red dot.

When they have finished, many will need blood donation.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Free breakfast at chua chu Kang, n free dinner at tanjong rhu hdb, first time experience.
Does not seem quite right to post in economic news.
Apologies!!!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Petrol prices in SG will always be high and its NOT due to prices of crude oil but due to high labour and land cost!
Petrol companies are paying astronomical figures for their station sites!
For example last year, Esso bid a record $27 million for a 2,000 sq m 10-year lease site in AMK.
S$27 mil for a 10-year lease works out to a rent of $225,000 per month or $7,500 a day, how to sell you cheaper petrol!!!
And SG is probably the only country in the world that prevents its citizens from benefitting a cheaper commodity by imposing 3/4 tank rules to protect the traders!!!!

cmon, to be fair, M'sia is a nett exporter of oil, whilst singapore is not.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Straits Times work OT to splash Workers' Party screwing up their Aljunied GRC. I can smell the elections within this one year. Can you?

Free breakfast at chua chu Kang, n free dinner at tanjong rhu hdb, first time experience.
Does not seem quite right to post in economic news.
Apologies!!!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Have to hand it over to them.
I think the opposition will find it having a much tougher time to contest this time round.
The govt has effectively shut down most of the issues plaguing the last elections.

The Workers Party has not really shown what it can do for the people given its larger presence in Parliament

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watching the overdrive by the state-controlled media to put all those news about Aljunied town council, my thoughts goes to where were these investigative journalist when they loses billions of our money - nobody here write anything. Pathetic animals!

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Watching the overdrive by the state-controlled media to put all those news about Aljunied town council, my thoughts goes to where were these investigative journalist when they loses billions of our money - nobody here write anything. Pathetic animals!

Ok la. Malaysia can buy a submarine that doesn't sink n jet planes with missing engines n instruction manuals in Russian. If u think about it silly pore still quite ok. At least people complain also no one C4 you in a forest