• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mother sets child and her husband on fire 'because she was not treated with respect'

IBelieve

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chinese mother forces her son, 4, to drink petrol then sets him and her husband on fire 'because she was not treated with respect'

• Shen Dan 'hatched sick plot to get revenge on husband Zhang Qiusheng'
  • She returned to flat with can of petrol after heated argument about money
  • 'Forced fuel down son's throat then dragged towards a flame on the stove'
  • When his father intervened 'she spilled petrol and all three caught fire'
  • Boy may not be able to speak and could go blind after suffering 35% burns
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER PUBLISHED: 12:54 GMT, 12 November 2013 | UPDATED: 13:29 GMT, 12 November 2013

A Chinese boy is fighting for his life after his mother forced him to drink petrol and then set him on fire.Authorities said the four-year-old was abused then torched in a grotesque plot by his mother to get revenge on her husband who she felt was not treating her with the 'proper respect'.The tragedy happened in the city of Jinhua in Zhejiang province in the east of China.

article-2502722-195D50F700000578-49_634x472.jpg

Horrific: A Chinese boy fights for life in intensive care after allegedly being forced to drink petrol and then set alight by his mother after arguing with her husband that she wasn't being treated with respect

article-2502722-195D510100000578-491_634x528.jpg

Grotesque plot: Authorities said the four-year-old (pictured before the attack) was abused then torched by his mother to get revenge on her husband

Neighbours said that the woman and her husband were frequently arguing about money.The woman, 40-year-old Shen Dan, and the man, 48-year-old Zhang Qiusheng, were both divorced and had then married each other.Before their marriage, Zhang lived with her daughter, Zhang Mengting, who is a college student now.

After they were married Zhang and Shen had their own son, a boy called Duoduo.But the two were always rowing about money. At the start of this month the woman - after a particularly heated argument - had left the apartment to return with a can of petrol.She had then tried to force her son to drink it but had only been partially successful as the boy had tried to fight once the first sip had gone into his mouth.

article-2502722-195D510900000578-30_634x457.jpg

Getting a divorce: The boy's father Zhang Qiusheng (pictured) was also badly burnt after he tried to intervene when the mother reportedly dragged his son towards a naked flame on the stove

article-2502722-195D511700000578-756_634x633.jpg

'I hope I never have to see her again': Zhang Qiusheng suffered 15 per cent burns over his body

As his father tried to intervene, she dragged the boy towards the naked flame on the gas stove, spilling petrol over all three of them - and they then all caught fire.Despite the burns, the father rushed with the boy into the living room where he wrapped his head in a blanket to extinguish the flames. The boy is now in intensive care.Doctors say the boy has 35 per cent burns mainly over his head, but also that his lungs had been badly damaged from the petrol and the flames.

Even if he survives they say he will almost certainly not be able to speak and will most likely be blind.The woman and her husband were also hospitalised with 15 per cent burns over their body.The woman faces criminal charges once the police investigation is complete - but for Zhang his world has ended.He said: 'I just can't understand it, she had disputes with me about money and she was so furious and angry that she felt the need to lash out by injuring that which was most important to me - my darling son. He's her son too, I just don't understand it.'I hope I never have to see her again - I will certainly be getting a divorce soon as I can get out of here and find a lawyer.'