• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ghost of Comet Encke

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few nights ago, the moon was just a thin sliver.

The weather was cooler. I threw a mat into my SUV, and with a flask of ice and juice, drove an hour
into the desert.

Got onto a track and the dark sky was wonderful. And only me in that part of the world.
With no clouds, it was easy enough to make out Taurus constellation and the Pleiades. Laid out the mat on the sand and with my headphones from my Nexus, just relax and look upwards.

I love falling stars ever since I saw them starting from my early army days in artillery and in Safti 40++ years ago.

That Taurids are the ghost of Comet Encke. It did not matter if no bolides for me that night. About ten falling stars came for me in that 90++ minutes before I drove back.

Last edited: