• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you own a credit card?

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone having credit card and how you guys are using...

Don't use standard chartered card. Really messed up bank. You pay in full 4 days before due date and still kenna charged overdue charges!!! !!!!!???????? What on earth is wrong with them?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't use standard chartered card. Really messed up bank. You pay in full 4 days before due date and still kenna charged overdue charges!!! !!!!!???????? What on earth is wrong with them?

Could be due to patchy and buggy upgrade of computer system.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at RHB bank sometime back, and the front line staff asked if I wanted to apply for a card. So I said ok, w/o knowing what card I was applying. I used it for the first time to buy a pair of specs in JB. I was still waiting to receive the bill through the post. But it didn't come. All this while I was still worrying if the postman had mistakenly drop it into neighbour's letter box. It was much later that I realised it was deducted straight from my savings a/c. Silly me! There is with some cash rebate too!

Supposing if I lost the card, and someone picks it up, is he able to 'swipe clean' my entire bank a/c?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a direct debit card, a proper credit card implies the bank gives you a "loan", credit at the point of purchase.

I was at RHB bank sometime back, and the front line staff asked if I wanted to apply for a card. So I said ok, w/o knowing what card I was applying. I used it for the first time to buy a pair of specs in JB. I was still waiting to receive the bill through the post. But it didn't come. All this while I was still worrying if the postman had mistakenly drop it into neighbour's letter box. It was much later that I realised it was deducted straight from my savings a/c. Silly me! There is with some cash rebate too!

Supposing if I lost the card, and someone picks it up, is he able to 'swipe clean' my entire bank a/c?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Debit card has a low limit of about $2-3k RM per day, so you are quite safe. I'm using this in Johor, which is very convenient. Every few months I just TT to this account to top up.

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Debit card has a low limit of about $2-3k RM per day, so you are quite safe. I'm using this in Johor, which is very convenient. Every few months I just TT to this account to top up.

To digress somewhat, which bank would be your top choice should you open an a/c in JB? In terms of good interest offered, service, charges, etc.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks!
I have RHB savings & current. For current a/c there is always a RM5 charge every month. Maybe my credit balance falls below a certain amount. My tenant help to bank in the rental into my savings a/c every month.
Can also place online fd, interest about 3.1-3.2%. Used to have a Maybank a/c but have since closed it because need to have at least one transaction every year if not bank will impose a certain charge. Lots of charges in My! From 1st April next yr, bank will impose 50 sen for every check issued if I rem correctly.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks!
I have RHB savings & current. For current a/c there is always a RM5 charge every month. Maybe my credit balance falls below a certain amount. My tenant help to bank in the rental into my savings a/c every month.
Can also place online fd, interest about 3.1-3.2%. Used to have a Maybank a/c but have since closed it because need to have at least one transaction every year if not bank will impose a certain charge. Lots of charges in My! From 1st April next yr, bank will impose 50 sen for every check issued if I rem correctly.

That is y I only apply n use debit cards in Johor.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is y I only apply n use debit cards in Johor.

As I was saying in the other post, I lost my Public Bank passbook, I still have my Debit card with me. Walked into any Public Bank and told them to freeze the account, it was done immediately. I was reissued a passbook and but the card was blocked from any withdrawals. I have to appear in person the next day, present my ID and thumbprint before it was reactivated.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
To digress somewhat, which bank would be your top choice should you open an a/c in JB? In terms of good interest offered, service, charges, etc.

using CIMB so far so good. can direct transfer free frmo sgd to myr... my cimb current account gives me 2.4% p.a too.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slight correction, bank will impose 0.65 for each cheque issue from mid next year but that's because bank Negara is promoting IBG internet banking transfer that charges 0.10 per transaction

Thanks!

sunlee2002

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey mate, I do have a platinum credit card... It is very useful if used properly.. I always keep a track of my credit purchases and ensure that there are no unnecessary purchases made.. I normally pay my credit card bills in a timely manner to avoid getting in trouble with the bank.. :wink: :P