• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Termination fee after completion of telco contract ANTI-COMPETITIVE- no?

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Termination fee after completion of telco contract ANTI-COMPETITIVE- no?
The Straits Times, Published on Nov 07, 2013
My Point
Termination fee not stated
I WAS recently told by M1 that even though I had completed my 24-month home broadband contract, I would still need to pay a termination fee if I wanted to end the service.
Why was the termination fee not made clear in the contract or on M1's website?
Can the telco or the Infocomm Development Authority explain why there is a need for such a fee?
Goh Hock Chai
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/my-point-20131107

The Straits Times, Published on Nov 09, 2013
My Point
Termination fee listed in form
WE THANK Mr Goh Hock Chai ("Termination fee not stated"; Thursday) for his feedback on our fibre service, and have contacted him to address his concerns.
The termination charge is listed in the application form for fibre services, which is signed by our customers.
Chua Hian Hou
Assistant General Manager
Corporate Communications
M1
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/my-point-20131109

Me thinks that the termination fee should be made ILLEGAL since the main issue is the 24 month contract that the customer has since completed. The small print is probably a dirty trick to keep customers continuously subscribed if they cannot afford the termination lump sum, CCS should
Look into the matter as I think telcos are going too far.
In any case, how much does it cost to click on a button at the telco side that says terminate? Horrible service M1, horrible service!

PS: Termination fee should only apply progressively to compensate telco for free gifts or services rendered for a contract terminated BEFORE its full duration is completed.

Tag: telco, overcharge, fee, termination, contract, Singapore

Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is legal because M1 biggest shareholder is SPH which is under Temesek Group and they are the kings in Singapore

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is legal because M1 biggest shareholder is SPH which is under Temesek Group and they are the kings in Singapore

Legitimate-profit-is-good.-What%27s-bad-is-profiteering..jpg
(IMG URL)

Last edited: