• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'm ready to be PM again

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
BANGKOK - THAILAND'S exiled former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has said he was ready to return to Thailand and fight his way back to lead the country again.

He made the vow on Monday in a 20-minute phone-in to a seminar of the Pheu Thai Party, a reincarnation of the disbanded pro-Thaksin Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT) and People Power Party (PPP),according to a report by The Nation news website.

It was not disclosed from where Thaksin, now a fugitive on corruption charges, made the phone-in, said Xinhua news agency.

During the phone-in, he affirmed to the MPs and executives of Pheu Thai that he would fight against his opponents for justice.

'I would like to tell the people that I'll be ready to return to the post of prime minister again if the people are also ready,'

Thaksin was quoted by The Nation report as saying. 'But if the people give up, it will also be tantamount to my defeat as well.'

Thaksin also assured his political allies that that he would not die abroad, though, he admitted, he will live in exile for a long time.

He also affirmed that he was both physically and mentally healthy enough to carry out the duties as a government head if the people needs him.

He also thanked his supporters, referred as the 'red-shirted people' in Thailand, for serving as his main force to fight against his opponents.

The red-shirted demonstrators, who were organised by the pro-Thaksin group United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) ,on Saturday staged a rally in central Bangkok - first at Sanam Luang and later at night moved to the Government House to announce their political demands for the current government led by PM Abhisit Vejjajiva, including dissolution of House of Representatives and reinstallment of the 1997 Constitution.

The UDD people gave the government 15 days to meet their demands. Or they would come back with more rallies, they warned.

Thaksin went on exile since a bloodless military coup toppled his government on Sept. 19, 2006. He returned to the country last February after the PPP formed a coalition government, but fled the country again in August, facing a court sentence of two years for corruption charges.

The junta replaced the 1997 Constitution with a 2007 charter, which included terms that have put Thaksin and his political allies under a five-year ban from politics along with the dissolution of the Thai Rak Thai and then the People Power Party, the former two ruling parties before the Abhisit-led Democrat Party re-seized the power and formed the current coalition government last December.

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say here we go again. But this time round the outcome can be anybody's guess. Will Thai blood be shed? Will the monarchy be shakened? All I got to say I hope things work out over there. :(

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is the by product of idol worshipping!! :biggrin:

No, this is the product of political power struggle in Thailand. I can understand if some people are too dumb or too lazy to analyze issues objectively and attribute everything to acts of gods or religious imperatives.

That's why you can always find terrorist who are so eager to blow up themselves to serve their god.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our SM Goh Chok Tong sounds ready to be PM again too. He gives his three commandments of reserves protection. Or is he ready to be President?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, this is the product of political power struggle in Thailand. I can understand if some people are too dumb or too lazy to analyze issues objectively and attribute everything to acts of gods or religious imperatives.

That's why you can always find terrorist who are so eager to blow up themselves to serve their god.

if you put down your pride and go beyond your understanding of the world issues, you will realized that it all end up to the original sins of human nature, which the bible keep on telling you but you refused to acknowledge it.

birdman

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah! image thousands of shoes throw at him in one go...:eek:
phpXMmO5g.jpg

Z

Zombie

if you put down your pride and go beyond your understanding of the humans, you will realized that it all end up to the original sins of human.

If you really did, put down your pride and go beyond your understanding of the humans, you will realized that you have not realized anything so far. :biggrin:

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone give an insight into Temasek's stake in ShinCorp?

BANGKOK - THAILAND'S exiled former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has said he was ready to return to Thailand and fight his way back to lead the country again.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the question that everyone is wondering is: where the hell is he now? Which Asian country is hiding him? I heard from news that he is now in an Asian country....

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you put down your pride and go beyond your understanding of the world issues, you will realized that it all end up to the original sins of human nature, which the bible keep on telling you but you refused to acknowledge it.

You are suggesting people not to learn about politics, etc and just attribute every social problems in the world to the "original sins" of mankind?

SERIOUSLY?

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was of course ready to make the call that morning after moving his bowels and having his expensive breakfast.

He made the vow on Monday in a 20-minute phone-in to a seminar of the Pheu Thai Party, a reincarnation of the disbanded pro-Thaksin Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT) and People Power Party (PPP),according to a report by The Nation news website.

It was not disclosed from where Thaksin, now a fugitive on corruption charges, made the phone-in, said Xinhua news agency.

During the phone-in, he affirmed to the MPs and executives of Pheu Thai that he would fight against his opponents for justice.

'I would like to tell the people that I'll be ready to return to the post of prime minister again if the people are also ready,'

Thaksin was quoted by The Nation report as saying. 'But if the people give up, it will also be tantamount to my defeat as well.'

Thaksin also assured his political allies that that he would not die abroad, though, he admitted, he will live in exile for a long time.

He also affirmed that he was both physically and mentally healthy enough to carry out the duties as a government head if the people needs him.

He also thanked his supporters, referred as the 'red-shirted people' in Thailand, for serving as his main force to fight against his opponents.

The red-shirted demonstrators, who were organised by the pro-Thaksin group United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) ,on Saturday staged a rally in central Bangkok - first at Sanam Luang and later at night moved to the Government House to announce their political demands for the current government led by PM Abhisit Vejjajiva, including dissolution of House of Representatives and reinstallment of the 1997 Constitution.

The UDD people gave the government 15 days to meet their demands. Or they would come back with more rallies, they warned.

Thaksin went on exile since a bloodless military coup toppled his government on Sept. 19, 2006. He returned to the country last February after the PPP formed a coalition government, but fled the country again in August, facing a court sentence of two years for corruption charges.

The junta replaced the 1997 Constitution with a 2007 charter, which included terms that have put Thaksin and his political allies under a five-year ban from politics along with the dissolution of the Thai Rak Thai and then the People Power Party, the former two ruling parties before the Abhisit-led Democrat Party re-seized the power and formed the current coalition government last December.

Ah Hai

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Thai minister quits

BANGKOK - THAILAND'S development minister quit on Tuesday over a scandal linked to rotten fish delivered to flood survivors, the first casualty of new Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's six-week-old cabinet.

Witoon Nambutr, minister for social development and human security, tendered his resignation to Abhisit but denied any wrongdoing connected to the food packages provided in December to a flood-hit southern province.

'I resign from the ministerial position effective immediately,' he told a televised press conference.

'I am hurt to announce my resignation because I was not aware and had nothing to do with the distribution of the aid packages in Phatthalung province. I didn't know there was rotten canned fish in there.'

The scandal emerged in December after villagers in Phatthalung starting complaining that the tinned sardines in their aid packages provided by the development ministry had gone off.

Some of the flood victims suffered diarrhoea and vomiting after tasting the rotten sardines, the health ministry said in a statement.

The health ministry closed down the factory producing the canned fish last week and have filed criminal charges against the company's owners, but the opposition are calling for a corruption investigation.

'He resigned because of clear evidence,' said opposition Puea Thai party spokesman Pormpong Nopparit, adding that he thought the move was designed to take the heat of other ruling Democrat Party MPs allegedly involved in the affair.

Mr Abhisit came to power in a parliamentary vote in mid-December after a court dissolved the previous ruling party. The new cabinet was sworn in on December 22, but was almost immediately beset by criticism.

The most controversial selection was Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya - a vocal supporter of a protest group that blockaded Bangkok's two airports in late November and early December, battering the Thai economy.

Supporters of the previous government, which was linked to ousted and exiled premier Thaksin Shinawatra, are demanding Mr Kasit resign or is sacked and have threatened more street protests unless their demands are met.

The government has said Mr Kasit will remain in his post. -- AFP