• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mac Mini

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Brothers and sisters,
anybody here using Mac Mini and connecting it to TV?
please let me know if it is good to use mac mini?

1) Use Mac Mini to connect to TV and use it occassionally when you need to use internet.

2) Use internet tv that hase software such as twitter, web, various app such as facebook and youtube.

which is better? 1 or 2 of the above for me?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would prefer option 1. However, if surfing the web is what you just do then 2 is the way to go. The difference being with a mac mini you can install additional programs into it, iWorks, vlc, games etc are available while internet TV might have equivalent in them, the question becomes how ofthen are they being updated and if they are as good as the OS version on the mac mini. If you add a NAS onto the mac mini, you can also share files through it rather then just a box beside the machine. Add transmission, and you have a BitTorrent client ready to download stuff.

1) Use Mac Mini to connect to TV and use it occassionally when you need to use internet.

2) Use internet tv that hase software such as twitter, web, various app such as facebook and youtube.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... 1) Use Mac Mini to connect to TV and use it occassionally when you need to use internet.

2) Use internet tv that hase software such as twitter, web, various app such as facebook and youtube ...
use air la ... can oso c tings wen u dun haf tv 2 connect 2 ...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically speaking both are equivalent. You can use 1TB plus a NAS via USB/FIrewire/ethernet as well. Added RAID 5 functionality would be great. Look for the "server" edition of the mac mini.

another question pls.
1) do you use 500GB mac mini or 1TB mac mini?
2) how about using 500GB mac mini + 1 airport time capsule (2TB + wireless function)

1 or 2 is better?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ash
the problem is i am not good at PC and I am worried that outsiders may hack my NAS and steal my secrets.
Any idea?

1 more question, is MAC system better than Windows? I bought mac book pro many months ago and I never use any anti virus software.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get the timecapsule then.

Ash
the problem is i am not good at PC and I am worried that outsiders may hack my NAS and steal my secrets.
Any idea?

1 more question, is MAC system better than Windows? I bought mac book pro many months ago and I never use any anti virus software.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ash
Any idea?

I have been using a Mac since 1991 and never used anti virus software.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the info.
i got another question.
The current mac mini was launched in late 2012.
When can we get the new mac mini version? or shall i wait further?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Thanks for the info.
i got another question.
The current mac mini was launched in late 2012.
When can we get the new mac mini version? or shall i wait further?

Check out the Mac rumors website for all the latest gossip and speculation.

rolling

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would wait..they should update their mac mini soon. maybe even this year before christmas. but mostly they did it in silence without keynote

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i would wait..they should update their mac mini soon. maybe even this year before christmas. but mostly they did it in silence without keynote

hi rolling, they did that before? did it silently without keynote and addressing to the press?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple launched mac pro today but I didn't receive any news about Mac Mini.
Any new launch of Mac Mini?
please let me know

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
worth?
below is Singapore Apple Online

2.8GHz Mac mini

Specifications
2.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
8GB memory
1TB Fusion Drive1
Intel Iris Graphics
OS X Yosemite
Available to ship:
1-3 business days
Free Shipping
S$1,348.00

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am using this LG smart TV, running webOS - a Palm and HP mobile device OS.

http://www.lg.com/au/support/product-help/CT20088014-CT20088015-1410483001053

Unlike legacy smart TV, this TV is more like an oversized tablet which comes with a "magic" control that is more like an extended finger to short press or long press on the TV. Just like a tablet.

I use it to schedule TV program USB recording or to do catch up on past programs.

The cpu is fast enough for internet, youtube and iptv.

I can also watch videos from usb including rmvb format which WD cannot.
Twitter, facebook are supported, my guests use them.

I watch al Jazeera news, etc using apps installed from LG Store.
I used a wireless keyboard and touchpad.

If I need to get work done, I use a Asus Transformer running Win8.1. It has a mini HDMI to connect to my TV and I use a wireless keyboard and mouse. The Asus even give the choice to use the tab-laptop speaker, tv speaker or soundbar.

Microsoft is very nice to me these days, unlike Apple.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dear brothers and sisters
please guide me, is it worth to buy mac mini? the "newest" model was launched in Oct 2014

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
dear brothers and sisters
please guide me, is it worth to buy mac mini? the "newest" model was launched in Oct 2014

It's "worth it" for me in more ways than one but that does not necessarily mean it's worth it for you.

You may find that the iMac is more "worth it".

Evaluate for yourself and make a decision which way to go.

The Mac mini was invented for the converters... those switching from Windoze to a Mac.