• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vantage Bay

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
but easily found in abundance if we talk abt HDBs. The issue is whether will people rather stay at HDBs in Woodlands or in condos in JB ?
Firstllyt, It depend if it is seamless to travel from JB to Spore. Currently, it is not , that's why the house price is still quite a lot lower in JB than SporeSecondly, it depend if the cost of living is lower in JB than Spore besides the housing cost to be worthwile to stay in JB and travel to Spore daily.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
too high laaaarr. i'm continuously amazed by condo pricing in jb :smile: .

I am quite amazed too, that's why I am giving it a miss, but I can understand why people are interested at RM 1.2K (freehold), if it's just 5 mins walk to RTS & integrated with mall/medical. My preference is still for freehold landed within 15 mins drive to CIQ, since I cant possibly afford to buy landed in SG. Haha.

Last edited:

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exciting discussion thread going on here!

For me, if RTS is linked to freehold Vantage Bay, it would greatly appeal to people working in Sg (like me) but find condos in Woodlands out of reach for them in 2018/2019. And if the Sg economy holds up, I wouldn't be surprised that woodlands condos go up to S$1500 Psf, which translates to approx Rm 4000 Psf. Assuming sgd strengthens against myr in the next few years, rm 2000 Psf will be considered cheap for condos in jbcc?

Why do u say that when it has proximity to RTS and is part of a mega complex with lifestyle components/conveniences?

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those prices for private condos were in 2010 :rolleyes:

Even ECs now are S$7xx psf, private condos are now S$9xx-$12xx psf.

So a more reasonable pricing is below S$7xx psf (RM $1800 psf) in JB near 1st link. Anything just below this psf for investment purpose is suicidal i.e. difficult to flip above this psf within next 5 years.

Check out esparina Residences EC pricing

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstllyt, It depend if it is seamless to travel from JB to Spore. Currently, it is not , that's why the house price is still quite a lot lower in JB than SporeSecondly, it depend if the cost of living is lower in JB than Spore besides the housing cost to be worthwile to stay in JB and travel to Spore daily.

Yes, the CIQs jam is the main hindrance unless price difference is really big to make the move over worthwhile.

Gap between SG and JB property prices has narrowed by quite a lot esp. in the last 2 years. Wonder how many of us here will still enter this market at today's prices if you have missed the boat earlier? Definitely not me unless price differential is still like 2 years ago.

Btw, it's also not easy to sell/rent your SG property right now.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

What if we assume that the travel fr JB to SG is seamless ?

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The third point that it will be the security..the high crime rate deter people from living in JB as well. The four point is the neighbourhood. Most areas in JBCC/City Centre still looks undesirable from Singaporean point of view for living.

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exciting discussion thread going on here!

For me, if RTS is linked to freehold Vantage Bay, it would greatly appeal to people working in Sg (like me) but find condos in Woodlands out of reach for them in 2018/2019. And if the Sg economy holds up, I wouldn't be surprised that woodlands condos go up to S$1500 Psf, which translates to approx Rm 4000 Psf. Assuming sgd strengthens against myr in the next few years, rm 2000 Psf will be considered cheap for condos in jbcc?
Buy at your risk people forget in 1996 hot property in S'PORE & JB fell by 50%!!! & 2000 also down. Like they say in Rome do the Romans do.

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
but easily found in abundance if we talk abt HDBs. The issue is whether will people rather stay at HDBs in Woodlands or in condos in JB ?
I think more HDB & CONDO will be coming up nearer the woodlands(old town centre will be demolish) & tuas CIQ (tengah airbase will be moving out). More land will be cleared in Singapore & will grab the pie from JB.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think more HDB & CONDO will be coming up nearer the woodlands(old town centre will be demolish) & tuas CIQ (tengah airbase will be moving out). More land will be cleared in Singapore & will grab the pie from JB.

But won't these HDBs & condos values be affected once the RTS / HSR are built and pple stay over at Iskandar ?

Twinnigal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally don't think the values of HDBs and condos in Woodlands will go down once the RTS is built. URA is looking to transform Woodlands into a Regional centre, much like Paya Lebar. Hence, there will be many companies moving out of the city centre into these Regional centres in the 10 years as Grade A office rents continue to climb. With an increase in commercial activities in Woodlands, I would not be surprised if the Woodlands condos move up to S$1500 as I previously purported.

But won't these HDBs & condos values be affected once the RTS / HSR are built and pple stay over at Iskandar ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally don't think the values of HDBs and condos in Woodlands will go down once the RTS is built. URA is looking to transform Woodlands into a Regional centre, much like Paya Lebar. Hence, there will be many companies moving out of the city centre into these Regional centres in the 10 years as Grade A office rents continue to climb. With an increase in commercial activities in Woodlands, I would not be surprised if the Woodlands condos move up to S$1500 as I previously purported.

jurong east condo (lakeville) is launch at around 1500psf . more ex than west coast ??? :confused:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no resale for EC within 5 years unless divorce. These recent ones are the returned units as couples didn't get married . that's how much developer has priced and buyers accepted it

If there are only a handful of units left, and the project has proven to be hot, the developer has a lot of pricing power. A new launch today will be quite different. Several private condo developers have already cut prices by 10-20%, which exerts downward pressure on ECs.