• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the court trial in SG proceeds and investigations continues in Switzerland, US, Hongkong, Luxemburg, etc. definitely certain powerful people will be implicated or even being prosecuted.

But don't forget, which party is most interested to develop the HSR and who will be finally financing the project.
This line between SG and KL is the final leg of the railway line from China to Southeast Asia, with Singapore being the most important final destination.
China knows very well that SG would simply love to be the terminal point of this rail line and the economic benefits it will bring, so they need not do anything with SG.
In the past year, China had been very busy currying favour in MY, spending billions$$$ buying completely useless power stations from 1MDB and committing another billions $$$ into the stock and bond market.
Of course, this action was also trying to have MY to be neutral or at least make less noise in the South China Sea spat.
They will not let this ambitious project be stillborn.

Honestly I don't give a damn if "that" guy is jailed and HSR stop in Nusajaya.
No point going to SG. I always believe if want to do something, do it happily. If it is pain all over and complain day in day out, just cut it off.
Story closed. No need to talk anymore.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly I don't give a damn if "that" guy is jailed and HSR stop in Nusajaya.
No point going to SG. I always believe if want to do something, do it happily. If it is pain all over and complain day in day out, just cut it off.
Story closed. No need to talk anymore.

Based on your reply, your view is definitely one dimensional and totally ignorant of current affairs.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on your reply, your view is definitely one dimensional and totally ignorant of current affairs.

This is a property forum and the basic aim is how to make money from property investments.
Not interested to think for others. My take is cut Singapore off from HSR and this forum would have one lesser point to complain.
No need to talk anymore. Good Bye Jurong terminal.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a property forum and the basic aim is how to make money from property investments.
Not interested to think for others. My take is cut Singapore off from HSR and this forum would have one lesser point to complain.
No need to talk anymore. Good Bye Jurong terminal.

According to plan (talks perhaps), they aim to have two track, and one track btw nusajaya and sg will have much much more frequent service to cater daily commuter.

Goodbye jurong terminal will definitely contradict your basic aim. Ohhh ya, cut off jurong, this forum will have lagi more points to complain.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the HRS terminating in Singapore, it will be a loss for both countries, and especially more for Malaysia. The seamless connectivity to Changi Airport (a major air hub) will be inconvenienced for those in the southern half of Peninsula Malaysia. The Senai airport is very much limited with its connectivity, although it does serve some regional cities. Furthermore, with a reduced ridership, it will definitely take a much longer time to recover its building costs for Malaysia alone.

By the way, this thread is about HSR and RTS Discussion. So, I don't think it's wrong to discuss as such.

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without the HRS terminating in Singapore, it will be a loss for both countries, and especially more for Malaysia. The seamless connectivity to Changi Airport (a major air hub) will be inconvenienced for those in the southern half of Peninsula Malaysia. The Senai airport is very much limited with its connectivity, although it does serve some regional cities. Furthermore, with a reduced ridership, it will definitely take a much longer time to recover its building costs for Malaysia alone.

By the way, this thread is about HSR and RTS Discussion. So, I don't think it's wrong to discuss as such.

There is a big report going around that Air Asia and KLIA would lose out if it connect to Singapore.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way forward is to innovate and be even more competitive. Don't just sit on your laurels. It won't help.

There's no way Air Asia and KLIA can fight with Changi. No way forward. So they are now looking at how to protect their turfs.
There's a movement to discourage the connectivity. They prefer Penang/KL/Nusajaya. It is easier to build within the country.

Singapore is an island and will remain to be so if this happen. We will see..in time.

As for finance, I think MY is not having any problems. Someone else is helping out.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no way Air Asia and KLIA can fight with Changi. No way forward. So they are now looking at how to protect their turfs.
To my knowledge, Air Asia and the KLIA management have always been at loggerheads eversince their mandatory shift to KLIA2. They should learn to get their own house in order first.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
KL-Singapore high-speed rail project – China on board

BY PATRICK LEE

Monday, 13 June 2016 | MYT 9:51 AM

BEIJING: A move to build a high-speed rail (HSR) line linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore has attracted interest from various countries with this kind of technology.

Among these countries is China, which aims to build and perhaps help run the proposed 350km-long track in Malaysia and Singapore.

Though somewhat of a latecomer to the scene (its first HSR line was built in 2003), China has aggressively pushed these trains across its country.

In January this year, China had 19,000km of HSR tracks – the longest total in the world. It aims to have 30,000km of HSR line length by 2020.

At the moment, negotiations on the project are ongoing between Malaysia and Singapore.

A memorandum of understanding is also due to be signed in the middle of the year.

With tenders for the project expected to be opened later in 2016, the battle to win the bid for the multi-billion-ringgit contract is expected to get very hot.

Check out The Star TV’s news feature on China’s interest in the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail project to find out more.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...apore-high-speed-rail-project-china-on-board/

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...apore-high-speed-rail-project-china-on-board/

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Jurong Country Club was supposed to hand over the land by November 2016 for the HSR development.
But saw the news on TV yesterday, the club will be given an extension over the nov 2016 date.
Does this means that the authorities are anticipating a delay in the HSR implementation programme?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Jurong Country Club was supposed to hand over the land by November 2016 for the HSR development.
But saw the news on TV yesterday, the club will be given an extension over the nov 2016 date.
Does this means that the authorities are anticipating a delay in the HSR implementation programme?

Maybe. That's a strong hint. In fact, I'm thinking what would happen if the whole thing doesn't happen. Will Jurong CC be returned? Interesting to see....

Some don't realize what a big and messy issue this HSR is. It involves 2 different governments, a lot of money, planning, selection of the right operator, builder, profit-sharing, maintenance, etc. It's not so simple. Definitely will take a very long time should it happen.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a difficult project. For starters, how do you split the costs, when say 95% of the distance is in Malaysia and maybe only the 5% is in Singapore? Still think the move to return KTM lands to Singapore was a wonderful move as that closed the route for the trains from Malaysia right into the heart of Singapore, where for decades so much land had to be shelved because of the tracks and infrastructural considerations. By letting HSR right back into JE, what were the scholars thinking??? At most, the trains should stop at Gerbang Nusajaya and transfer into a normal MRT network from JB to Singapore.

Frankly, I don't see the HSR taking place for at least next 10 years (2026)! ... By then Xi already retired and the Silk Route dream already become cobwebs... so in all likelihood, nothing will happen...

Instead, I still put my hopes on the RTS between Woodlands North and Bukit Chagar. That would be the KEY catalyst to turn JB into Spore's genuine hinterland. With 80% of SG households in HDB and some never have set foot into JB for decades due to the tedium in getting across and back, the MRT connecting into RTS will surely and truly open up the eyes of ordinary Singaporeans and foreigners alike. Perceptions and mindets will surely and truly change, that is all that will be needed to fuel the massive BOOM in JB!

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a difficult project. For starters, how do you split the costs, when say 95% of the distance is in Malaysia and maybe only the 5% is in Singapore? Still think the move to return KTM lands to Singapore was a wonderful move as that closed the route for the trains from Malaysia right into the heart of Singapore, where for decades so much land had to be shelved because of the tracks and infrastructural considerations. By letting HSR right back into JE, what were the scholars thinking??? At most, the trains should stop at Gerbang Nusajaya and transfer into a normal MRT network from JB to Singapore.

Frankly, I don't see the HSR taking place for at least next 10 years (2026)! ... By then Xi already retired and the Silk Route dream already become cobwebs... so in all likelihood, nothing will happen...

Instead, I still put my hopes on the RTS between Woodlands North and Bukit Chagar. That would be the KEY catalyst to turn JB into Spore's genuine hinterland. With 80% of SG households in HDB and some never have set foot into JB for decades due to the tedium in getting across and back, the MRT connecting into RTS will surely and truly open up the eyes of ordinary Singaporeans and foreigners alike. Perceptions and mindets will surely and truly change, that is all that will be needed to fuel the massive BOOM in JB!

Both RTS and HSR are massive projects. Of course, HSR is a lot more complex and on a much bigger scale. But from the looks of it, they are putting more effort on HSR than RTS. HSR seems more certain to happen even though it doesn't seem so soon.

For RTS, I'm not sure how much it will change the lives of Singaporeans. It will take away a bit of the jam at the causeway but there will still likely be some jam. Cos after you use the RTS to reach JB, then how? You need to travel to specific parts of Johor. You still can't beat the convenience of a car to move around Johor. So those with cars will still prefer to drive all the way in.

I would expect there will be "human jam" instead at the Woodlands North and RTS sides. People still need to clear 2 immigration checkpoints. Some delays can be expected. Initially, there might be strong interest to just try out the system, but after that, I think the fad will die down.

Why they want HSR all the way into S'pore is obviously for the usual Lee HS and his PAP gang's $$$$ greed. I think there is a huge potential for businesses and investments to flow in. The problem I see now is a mismatch of vision and speed at which both countries can accomplish it. Singapore is forward-planning, proper, have it in black-and-white, let's do it, GO! On the other hand, Johor (or Malaysia in general) is Ok, say it, talk, say it one more time, let's lepak (relax) first, study if we can "shift some money", put it on hold first....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
BRT system in Iskandar Malaysia to cost less than RM3bil
Tuesday, 14 June 2016 | MYT 10:35 PM

KUALA LUMPUR: The implementation cost for the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system for Iskandar Malaysia is expected to cost not more than RM3bil, said Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) chief executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim.

“At the moment, we do not have the final value; however, it is expected to cost not more than RM3bil, which covers infrastructure cost for building the line, operation cost including buses and several other application costs.

“It also covers (cost) during the initial years which may have a shortfall in its operations,” he told reporters during the breaking of fast organised by Irda and Medini Iskandar in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday.

The BRT system will be developed in three phases and will cover close to 90% of the Iskandar Malaysia region.

The first phase of the project is expected to start operation by 2020.

Ismail said Irda was in the process of planning the working paper to get the approvals from the stakeholders for the subsequent phases including in terms of financial module and engineering.

Asked on funding for the project, he said the public-private collaboration project was expected to involve resources from both parties.

“In terms of infrastructure, of course, we hope the government will finance (the project) while in terms of operations, it will be funded by the private sector which will participate in the project,” he said.

Ismail said the project would give priority to existing private companies in Iskandar Malaysia, especially bus operators with good track record. - Bernama

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...n-iskandar-malaysia-to-cost-less-than-rm3bil/

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
BRT system in Iskandar Malaysia to cost less than RM3bil
Tuesday, 14 June 2016 | MYT 10:35 PM

KUALA LUMPUR: The implementation cost for the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system for Iskandar Malaysia is expected to cost not more than RM3bil, said Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) chief executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim.

“At the moment, we do not have the final value; however, it is expected to cost not more than RM3bil, which covers infrastructure cost for building the line, operation cost including buses and several other application costs.

“It also covers (cost) during the initial years which may have a shortfall in its operations,” he told reporters during the breaking of fast organised by Irda and Medini Iskandar in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday.

The BRT system will be developed in three phases and will cover close to 90% of the Iskandar Malaysia region.

The first phase of the project is expected to start operation by 2020.

Ismail said Irda was in the process of planning the working paper to get the approvals from the stakeholders for the subsequent phases including in terms of financial module and engineering.

Asked on funding for the project, he said the public-private collaboration project was expected to involve resources from both parties.

In terms of infrastructure, of course, we hope the government will finance (the project) while in terms of operations, it will be funded by the private sector which will participate in the project,” he said.

Ismail said the project would give priority to existing private companies in Iskandar Malaysia, especially bus operators with good track record. - Bernama

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...n-iskandar-malaysia-to-cost-less-than-rm3bil/

He was still hoping and wishing that the Federal govt will finance the infrastructure for the proposed system.
This means there is no budget allocation yet as of now, so please wait patiently and look out for it in the next Budget for 2017, if still nothing, then wait for Budget 2018.....

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was still hoping and wishing that the Federal govt will finance the infrastructure for the proposed system.
This means there is no budget allocation yet as of now, so please wait patiently and look out for it in the next Budget for 2017, if still nothing, then wait for Budget 2018.....

Really sad. We have seen how rich the Msian government and Najib is. But where is all the money moving to? We can keep guessing.

Malaysia has the potential to advance by leaps and bounds. RM3bil is small sum to them. But all these delays will only hamper its progress.

If they are really serious about RTS, they should have worked in sync with Singapore and get the RTS ready by 2019. But I don't think it's going anywhere at the moment. It's just talk only as usual.

Yup, let's continue to wait and wait....

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would expect there will be "human jam" instead at the Woodlands North and RTS sides. People still need to clear 2 immigration checkpoints.
Most likely they will implement integrated passport clearance so that you only need to go through at only 1 end on either way (most likely on the entry side). For example, upon reaching JB, you'll first go through the Singapore immigration booth and then followed immediately by the Malaysian immigration booth, all built into the same hall. Ditto for the return journey, ie: go through the Malaysian immigration first and followed immediately by the Singapore immigration, all within the Woodlands station. This is similar to the Hongkong/Shenzhen MTR border crossing.

Last edited: