• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to Johor, I think the problem is that the previous MB was just sleeping on the job..
There's a lot of things to improve and fix.. And with the present structure whereby the purse strings are controlled by Putrajaya, it's just difficult for them to get funding to improve infrastructure as fast as they can or want.
But I think the current leadership is doing pretty good job together with the Sultan..
I just hope that they're able to get enough funds to make things happen

I agree too. I look around the happenings in JB and say "buay pai leh!" but others may see the same thing and say "buay sai leh!" LOL!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree too. I look around the happenings in JB and say "buay pai leh!" but others may see the same thing and say "buay sai leh!" LOL!

These "buay sai lang" are just anti Malaysian. For them, nothing is right. Best part is this is a property forum. Day in day out talk about politics. Nobody care a hoot about it.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
These "buay sai lang" are just anti Malaysian. For them, nothing is right. Best part is this is a property forum. Day in day out talk about politics. Nobody care a hoot about it.

Instead of anti Malaysians, I think there are some in this forum, who are quite obviously Malaysians, and they have the mistaken view that by talking down on Malaysian properties, they can finally get their dream properties on the cheap.

Without realising that it's not Singaporeans who are driving the prices up, as we make up such a small minority of purchases. Pretty obvious who those forumers are, especially those who post in-depth articles and views on Johor.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of anti Malaysians, I think there are some in this forum, who are quite obviously Malaysians, and they have the mistaken view that by talking down on Malaysian properties, they can finally get their dream properties on the cheap.

Without realising that it's not Singaporeans who are driving the prices up, as we make up such a small minority of purchases. Pretty obvious who those forumers are, especially those who post in-depth articles and views on Johor.

Interesting views. I was actually pondering why the interests with such indepth comments.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, many proposals were just simply hot air but still waiting to materialized.
The much touted Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex or PIPC was supposed to be the main and major growth catalyst is now delayed indefinitely.
And of course, now we know that the RTS will be shelved, again, indefinitely.
Certain things were wrongly prioritized like building the brand new Kota Iskandar and so remotely.
But the infrastructure development is falling way behind the rapid real estate development, roads are still poorly maintained while many, like example the busy highway from Pasir Gudang to Tampoi, which is still 2 lanes, should have been widened many years ago.
Public transport is simply a mess without any improvement over the years, the new bus terminal below the CIQ is totally chaotic. Just last month, many parts of JB was without water for few days.
If all this shortfall continues , not surprising that one fine day you and your family may have to stand in line with buckets to collect water from mobile tankers.

PIPC progressing well albeit a little delay, this whole project will be ready by around 2020, took this long is common for big project in this scale. The whole thing not going to be impacted by low oil price but i believe benefited from it because what they will be doing is rather quite down stream chain, oil, their input material cost will be cheaper to obtain under current climate.

Sungai Segget river rejuvenation, this state gov project, doing well ah. Pasir Gudang highway still doing. BRT early 2017 will have announcement, RTS also 2017 will have progress....if not i 'tok' LP. Of course if next year budget do not allocate fund...or siao siao Johor state drop to opposition party hand, kena BN federal gov (assume they win again) punish not allocate money to develop...then surely indefinitely delay.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
PIPC progressing well albeit a little delay, this whole project will be ready by around 2020, took this long is common for big project in this scale. The whole thing not going to be impacted by low oil price but i believe benefited from it because what they will be doing is rather quite down stream chain, oil, their input material cost will be cheaper to obtain under current climate.

Sungai Segget river rejuvenation, this state gov project, doing well ah. Pasir Gudang highway still doing. BRT early 2017 will have announcement, RTS also 2017 will have progress....if not i 'tok' LP. Of course if next year budget do not allocate fund...or siao siao Johor state drop to opposition party hand, kena BN federal gov (assume they win again) punish not allocate money to develop...then surely indefinitely delay.

wow, u seem pretty sure RTS will hv some progress in 2017...so sure ?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope this explain your query. Dont assume, find out why instead!
Chemical spill leads to closure of three Johor water treatment plants

Read More : http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/07/...ds-closure-three-johor-water-treatment-plants

Nobody is assuming anything and please read carefully what I wrote
I even quoted the article explaining the water shortage due to contamination and JB has to request SG for emergency water supply.
My point was there isn't any contingency and just one water source got into trouble, the whole town got no water for few days, no water truck, fall back plan, nothing!
It is akin to someone without any savings and suddenly out of job, he has to borrow money to get by.

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody is assuming anything and please read carefully what I wrote
I even quoted the article explaining the water shortage due to contamination and JB has to request SG for emergency water supply.
My point was there isn't any contingency and just one water source got into trouble, the whole town got no water for few days, no water truck, fall back plan, nothing!
It is akin to someone without any savings and suddenly out of job, he has to borrow money to get by.

The link that you pasted, http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...exploring-potential-solutions-to-water-issue/
Only this sentence got mentioned pollution, “Besides allowing us to harvest more supply, it dilutes any pollution,” said Prof Mohd Ekhwan, who is providing his expertise on hydrological and water quality modelling for the project."
So your claim is invalid, you didnt know the contamination until i told you. You thought it was due to water shortage only. Read back your post because i dont assume.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia Budget day would be last Friday of October every year.
Which is why i think johor should remain in federal govt hand, if BN remain the king, no point johor belongs to opposition. Being more efficient under opposition no use de, no money no matter how good they are, they cant do anything. See penang vs pahang, ulu place like pahang got the china kuantan industrial park, lets not forget over 70% pahang under BN.
Lets evil abit, johorean vote corrupted regime, get all development money from kl and penang. Win win situation.

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal
KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak signed the condolence book at the Singapore High Commission here to pay his respects to former president S.R. Nathan.

He arrived at the High Commission in Jalan Ampang at about 8.30am Friday and spoke briefly to the media to express his condolences on behalf of the Malaysian Government.

It is weird to me that he did not come to Singapore given the close distance and relationship.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak signed the condolence book at the Singapore High Commission here to pay his respects to former president S.R. Nathan.

He arrived at the High Commission in Jalan Ampang at about 8.30am Friday and spoke briefly to the media to express his condolences on behalf of the Malaysian Government.

It is weird to me that he did not come to Singapore given the close distance and relationship.

Sg president is like malaysia agong, do you think LHL will come too? Besides johor one, others they will just skip.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

One is a sitting PM while the other is a past President, in terms of protocol, that is good enough.