• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am no experts like the bros here but RTS is definitely not HSR. Unless things have changed drastically from what little i know.

Zone A
RTS - Sub 100kmph train and short journey. Linkng JB and SG. Somewhat similar to what the KTM train does right now. Actually can be scrapped if KTM trains are increased and some of the linkages in both countries stepped up. Currently Bukit Chagar

Zone B
HSR - High speed rail and should be travelling across West Peninsula Malaysia. 90 minutes doable but may have some doubts as such train routes needs to be as straight as possible and away from residential area due to noise and safety reasons.
1st phase between KL, down to JB and SG. Will help in some of the traffic even with Seremban folks. Bypassing some towns like Malacca and Pontian while folks in Sri Gading in Batu Pahat may be luckier.
Gerbang will be the area in Iskandar Putri where the HSR will be.

1st phase - KL to SG
2nd phase - Routes up to Penang is added
3rd phase - Routes across countries up to Kunming may be added (One belt one road is completed thus with both sea and thus land linkages)
Monorail - Scrapped
BRT - May be upgraded to become MRT someday

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Batu Pahat - Sri Gading.
Muar is good as well and has proximity to Malacca. In fact, Malacca would be a good place to consider given the serious amount of investments put in by foreign investments now.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The RTS will stop at Iskandar Puteri......and not Bukit Chagar. Good luck to those condo investor near JB city. The condo value there is going to drop like shit.....especially Setia Sky88 , Suasana & Twin Galaxy.
Sir
That is the HSR and not the RTS. They are two totally different train systems altogether.

Last edited:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's come back to reality.

1. There are many hurdles to overcome.
2. Not everyone works in Jurong......
No one know how future will looks like, your reality only reflect current situation. Anyway, Manhattan is just dreaming the best la, also cannot meh, why everything need to bash, who know factors change, and you will end up wrong badly.
1&2 Ady said liao best case scenario ma.... even RTS build liao, not everyone will stay close to woodland, not everyone benefited
3.By let say 2030, do you still need custom clearance need to heavily rely on ppl chop passport or even need passport? AI have the data to recognise every face feature much better than human being capable of, small plastic change will immediately catch out when human eye cant.
4&5. One of the reason it takes so long to conduct enginnering study is because of the expected future usage, like RTS they hired AECOM to conduct the study, not ali or ahmad company, it will allow as frequent as 15 min per arrival, service operation also will tender to others (as mention in the MOU), like melb hire HK mtr to run their services. Affordability wise, you got the volume, you cant be expensive, reasonable is highly likely.
6. Ohhh please, lets our year 2030 dream more wonderful, can? BY then Iskandar BRT system will service most part of iskandar liao.

Lets us bet, by 2018, if RTS, HSR and BRT havent tender, by 2020 havent move their ass to even lay a single track of rail, I will admit im wrong. The current demand will from landed ppty (ppl are still buying, but not unlimited supply condo) change to condo within 3km of the terminal, bet that by 2025 those condo will be up and at least 70% occupied. Bet that your middle term view (2017 to 2025) is wrong badly, those said ghost town will at least 30% occupied, even those in medini...by 2025. Straight and defining timeline, willing to accept my challenge?

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/07/23/longterm-benefits-from-hsr/

Already counting the long term benefits of HSR. Any investment opportunities at Batu Pahat and Muar?
Risky, exact location remain unknown so how to invest? Plus those station singaporean will only need to get there by transit via iskandar puteri station, reducing the appeal for investment in the area. But if got cheap agri land within the vicinity, can consider. Been a long time didnt keep in touch with the ppty development there, no sure the land price ady shoot up or not.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Do keep us posted when afiniti or 1medini reached that price. Horizon residence become how cheap also meaningless for foreigners, only Malaysian eligible.

Wrong.... it do matter for foreigners especially when their spouse are Malaysian!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. Do keep us posted when afiniti or 1medini reached that price. Horizon residence become how cheap also meaningless for foreigners, only Malaysian eligible.

Afiniti was damn hot when first launched and I think within hours all fully sold. Strangely, now nobody seems to want it even on the resale market.

But owners are also greedy and trying to make profits in this down market. Many are selling higher than the prices they bought. Guess they are not desperate yet.

For 1 Medini, there are already many units put up for sale. But I think because the owners were the first buyers in Medini and got them relatively cheap, they are financially able to hold. I read they only paid RM450psf when launched. Even Medini Sig beside it only cost RM500psf.

I paid mine about RM750psf! Siao liao.... Can forget about selling liao next time. My Malaysian friend say I siao to pay so much for a condo with empty surroundings. :( Oh well....

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Afiniti was damn hot when first launched and I think within hours all fully sold. Strangely, now nobody seems to want it even on the resale market.

But owners are also greedy and trying to make profits in this down market. Many are selling higher than the prices they bought. Guess they are not desperate yet.

For 1 Medini, there are already many units put up for sale. But I think because the owners were the first buyers in Medini and got them relatively cheap, they are financially able to hold. I read they only paid RM450psf when launched. Even Medini Sig beside it only cost RM500psf.

I paid mine about RM750psf! Siao liao.... Can forget about selling liao next time. My Malaysian friend say I siao to pay so much for a condo with empty surroundings. :( Oh well....

Yes. My neighbour bought at RM 450 psf. They r all locals and know the info before launch.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did yours come with any developer discount? I bought mine at about RM700psf, but after the 20% "discount" it was down to around RM560psf. Whether the discount was real or fake it did not matter to me, because it effectively removed the need for me to cough up the 20% downpayment for the unit, which works for cash poor peasants like me.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is ok, dont lose hope, there are many more dumb...err... no, should be less intelligent singaporean will buy from u at higher price when HSR is ready. Sometime when they compare to their country, they do not use logic to think de, like you, so u really no need to be worry.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RTS will stop at Iskandar Puteri......and not Bukit Chagar. Good luck to those condo investor near JB city. The condo value there is going to drop like shit.....especially Setia Sky88 , Suasana & Twin Galaxy.

lol, those developments must have screwed you over big time. There's like 10+ developments in Zone A but you manager to single out only 3. Yikes.