• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal
*Jip in trouble now, i don't believe HSR can go per plan. Everything will reset come the next PM.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
*Jip in trouble now, i don't believe HSR can go per plan. Everything will reset come the next PM.
Jib and LHL never sign the agreement. It is signed between the Transport Ministries between 2 Governments. People can come and go. Transport Ministries continue to exist. Maybe HSR will terminate in Nusajaya afterall.

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jib and LHL never sign the agreement. It is signed between the Transport Ministries between 2 Governments. People can come and go. Transport Ministries continue to exist. Maybe HSR will terminate in Nusajaya afterall.

Yes, the MOU was signed between 2 government representatives not between 2 person, so any change in the respective official appointment makes no difference to the MOU.
But most importantly now is, what is spelled out in the MOU and under what kind of "understanding" then this project will go ahead.
There are still many issues still not fully "understood" and agreed upon, so please wait patiently for more positive news to emerge.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
On Tuesday, in the MOU signing ceremony, you see very happy faces on the PMs.
Just the very next day, The US announcement on the findings on 1MDB mega financial scandal of the century and one of the culprit involves one of the PM's wife' favorite son.
That PM shouldn't be very happy and jumping with joy.
What difference a day makes!
Wonder is this US announcement timing coincidental.

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOU not legally binding right, any party can call off or delay indefinitely. If new party come into political arena, then crooked bridge need to be built b4 the HSR...bcoz is mahathir!

Anyway, do only feel safe when the construction is on halfway. Even call for tender, beginning of construction, malaysia still can abandon de, nothing unexpected, ppl already experience many times before. Im rather disappointed to see only MOU signed, the action is just repeating the old action over and over again, nothing new.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RTS will stop at Iskandar Puteri......and not Bukit Chagar. Good luck to those condo investor near JB city. The condo value there is going to drop like shit.....especially Setia Sky88 , Suasana & Twin Galaxy.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RTS will stop at Iskandar Puteri......and not Bukit Chagar. Good luck to those condo investor near JB city. The condo value there is going to drop like shit.....especially Setia Sky88 , Suasana & Twin Galaxy.

Eh...how you know? It was already announced Bukit Chagar, although they can change it.

You keep attacking Setia's projects! :biggrin:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some map not specify at which sides of Tanjung puteri...but definitely not iskandar puteri. GO check again, i also find it quite troublesome to see two puteri as location name.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

RTS = HSR? Are you refering both are the same?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese operators confident of winning bid to develop KL-Singapore High-Speed Rail
By Kenneth Lim Posted 22 Jul 2016 18:29 Updated 22 Jul 2016 23:15

SINGAPORE: Japanese rail operators stand a “very high” chance of winning the bid to develop and run the upcoming High-Speed Rail (HSR) between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, said Japanese Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Keichi Ishii.

Mr Ishii attributed the Shinkansen's (Japanese bullet train) safety track record, reliability and comparatively low costs to giving Japanese rail operators an edge over the rest.

Speaking on the sidelines of the second High-Speed Rail Symposium in Singapore on Friday (Jul 22), Mr Ishii reaffirmed Japan’s strong interest in the project, which aims to cut travel time between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur to 90 minutes.

Singapore and Malaysia signed a landmark Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) earlier this week, laying out the regulatory and financing framework for the project. Rail services are expected to begin in 2026, and tenders for the operators are expected to be called by 2023.

Mr Ishii did not give a cost estimate, as he said this would be based on future project specifications. But he added that Japan’s private and public sector will support the project “in terms of finance, human development, and development of facilities surrounding the terminal stations.”

The event, organised by several Japanese government and transport associations, featured several presentations on the Shinkansen train model. One speaker, East Japan Railway Company’s executive vice president Yuji Fukasawa, laid out the operator’s plan to develop the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR within seven years. This includes conducting study tours to Japan, test runs and on-site training.

“We would like to transfer the Shinkansen technology to the countries, and also provide help in human resources development,” Mr Fukasawa told Channel NewsAsia following his presentation. But he also acknowledged that there were several challenges in developing the project.

“If we talk about HSR in general, we need many passengers to ride on the trains - so in terms of competition with the airlines, how much market share can we grab from the airlines?”

Another challenge is the cross-border nature of the project, a sentiment echoed by a Ministry of Land, Infastructure, Transport and Tourism Railway Bureau director, Tomohiro Kobayashi.

“I think what makes this project very challenging, is that it is dealt between two countries,” he said. “So you have to deal with this border security management ... this is something that we do not see when we run the Shinkansen just within Japan,” said Mr Kobayashi.

As part of the MoU signing, both Singapore and Malaysia agreed to common customs, immigration, and quarantine facilities in Kuala Lumpur, Iskandar Puteri and Singapore, so commuters can avoid multiple checks.

About 300 leaders and members of the Japanese, Singapore and regional transport community attended the symposium, including companies and government officials. Senior Minister of State for Ministry of Transport Josephine Teo was in attendance.

- CNA/am

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/japanese-operators/2978652.html

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine in a few years' time, after your work in Jurong, you walk to jurong east HSR station, scanned your passport using the auto clearance terminal, then walk over to the MACS to clear the malaysia customs. It should take about 10mins ? Then walk to the HSR and be in Iskandar Puteri in 15 mins and walk right out of station. You will reach your home in Iskandar Puteri faster than if your home is in Bedok. Everything to support this is ready, now it's up to the Gov of both countries to deliver. This are the wishes of the people of SG and MY.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning I drove towards KL for a Cruise again and the barrier was down at the Malaysia side counter. After tapping my touch and go, the barrier went up very fast.

The 2 engineers are trying the other counters. And u know what, its a Saturday and to them, its a Sunday and they are working at 4am.

It means VEP RM 20 is going to confirmed reality very very very soon. As soon as next month this time

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine in a few years' time, after your work in Jurong, you walk to jurong east HSR station, scanned your passport using the auto clearance terminal, then walk over to the MACS to clear the malaysia customs. It should take about 10mins ? Then walk to the HSR and be in Iskandar Puteri in 15 mins and walk right out of station. You will reach your home in Iskandar Puteri faster than if your home is in Bedok. Everything to support this is ready, now it's up to the Gov of both countries to deliver. This are the wishes of the people of SG and MY.

Everyday? And everyone doing the same like you? Then you will be queing for 3 hours each way. Rather go stay in Bedok lol and also unless the station at iskandar is 500m from your home, good luck to you. I rather be on the Singapore end of the HSR.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

You're way way too optimistic bro. I'm not pouring cold water but sometimes we tend to get carried away and fantasize an almost orgasmic success about the HSR and RTS. Let's come back to reality.

1. They have already said 2026 is the projected time line for HSR completion. So it's not "in a few years time". And 2026 is already considered a "very tight" ambition as admitted by PM Lee himself. There are many hurdles to overcome.

2. Not everyone works in Jurong. Those who work in the North, South, East, they have to take time to get to Jurong, which by 2026 or beyond, I would expect the MRT trains and buses to be very packed every day due to population increase in SG.

3. You forgot to add the time it takes to queue up for passport clearance at both customs. 10 mins only? I'm not sure about that. If it's during weekdays peak period, and everyone else wants to go back to Johor, it's definitely going to be sardine-packed.

4. You also forgot to factor in waiting time for the HSR train. We are not sure at the moment the wait time between trains. I doubt it's as regular as the MRT trains even during peak hours.

5. The cost of a ticket for 1 stop from SG to Iskandar Puteri may not be cheap for every day travel. It could be S$15? That's why I suspect they have a separate shuttle service from SG to Iskandar Puteri. That one could be more affordable and for every day use. But is it a bus or train shuttle, it wasn't mentioned. During peak periods after work, expect the kind of jam you get presently. Maybe it could take 45mins to an hour to get from Jurong to Iskandar Puteri. You're back to square one.

6. Once you reach Iskandar Puteri, where is your home? Johor is not like SG where you can walk 5-10 minutes or take a feeder bus service to get to your home. Give another 10 years, I don't think Johor will ever have bus routes that are as sophisticated as what we have in SG. So once you reach Iskandar Puteri, you may still need to pick up your Malaysian registered car and drive to your home. If you don't own a car, then you might have to use whatever bus system they have by then, which I don't think will be that convenient.

If Malaysia is less corrupt, and can work so systematically like SG, yes, things will progress a lot faster. But unfortunately, you have to let it take time to develop, provided we are all still around by then!

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyday? And everyone doing the same like you? Then you will be queing for 3 hours each way. Rather go stay in Bedok lol and also unless the station at iskandar is 500m from your home, good luck to you. I rather be on the Singapore end of the HSR.
Do expect if the system is ready to go, the demand will be hugely increased, this is something the engineering study already taken into account. If not, why they spend so much money to conduct study, and for RTS, they even hire AECOM to do the study. railvsroads.png
As you can see, using train can travel much more people with much less space used. Worse case scenario would be this cram.jpg

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh...how you know? It was already announced Bukit Chagar, although they can change it.

You keep attacking Setia's projects! :biggrin:

Hi bro.... not attacking lar.... just stating the truth. These condo owners at JB city sure bang balls....... totally overpriced.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're way way too optimistic bro. I'm not pouring cold water but sometimes we tend to get carried away and fantasize an almost orgasmic success about the HSR and RTS. Let's come back to reality.

1. They have already said 2026 is the projected time line for HSR completion. So it's not "in a few years time". And 2026 is already considered a "very tight" ambition as admitted by PM Lee himself. There are many hurdles to overcome.

2. Not everyone works in Jurong. Those who work in the North, South, East, they have to take time to get to Jurong, which by 2026 or beyond, I would expect the MRT trains and buses to be very packed every day due to population increase in SG.

3. You forgot to add the time it takes to queue up for passport clearance at both customs. 10 mins only? I'm not sure about that. If it's during weekdays peak period, and everyone else wants to go back to Johor, it's definitely going to be sardine-packed.

4. You also forgot to factor in waiting time for the HSR train. We are not sure at the moment the wait time between trains. I doubt it's as regular as the MRT trains even during peak hours.

5. The cost of a ticket for 1 stop from SG to Iskandar Puteri may not be cheap for every day travel. It could be S$15? That's why I suspect they have a separate shuttle service from SG to Iskandar Puteri. That one could be more affordable and for every day use. But is it a bus or train shuttle, it wasn't mentioned. During peak periods after work, expect the kind of jam you get presently. Maybe it could take 45mins to an hour to get from Jurong to Iskandar Puteri. You're back to square one.

6. Once you reach Iskandar Puteri, where is your home? Johor is not like SG where you can walk 5-10 minutes or take a feeder bus service to get to your home. Give another 10 years, I don't think Johor will ever have bus routes that are as sophisticated as what we have in SG. So once you reach Iskandar Puteri, you may still need to pick up your Malaysian registered car and drive to your home. If you don't own a car, then you might have to use whatever bus system they have by then, which I don't think will be that convenient.

If Malaysia is less corrupt, and can work so systematically like SG, yes, things will progress a lot faster. But unfortunately, you have to let it take time to develop, provided we are all still around by then!

My points exactly, anyway let them dream, I am digging my heels on the Singapore side of HSR where it is really accessible to Jurong East MRT, go to condosingapore forums , there is one Ringo33 in the the thread "owners in the west beware" I agree with most of his points and invested while the whole gang were bashing him left right and centre, any property Investor worth his salt would know that besides central CBD Singapore providing the biggest employment, the next biggest area would be the West of Singapore with all the commercial and industries there, I already invested in Jurong East once in 1991 and sold after 2 1/2 years and made a tidy profit, now i am back again with another investment in 2010 and waiting for the explosive growth.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro.... not attacking lar.... just stating the truth. These condo owners at JB city sure bang balls....... totally overpriced.

Do you know anyone who bought those JB city condos, whether by Setia or other developers? Ask them to quickly offload their condos now?

Ya, it's crazy man. I last heard they were sold at RM800psf? I think mainly Singaporeans bought. It's way overpriced. But I think the usual Singaporeans should have holding power. Not sure if can sell next time due to the oversupply.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My points exactly, anyway let them dream, I am digging my heels on the Singapore side of HSR where it is really accessible to Jurong East MRT, go to condosingapore forums , there is one Ringo33 in the the thread "owners in the west beware" I agree with most of his points and invested while the whole gang were bashing him left right and centre, any property Investor worth his salt would know that besides central CBD Singapore providing the biggest employment, the next biggest area would be the West of Singapore with all the commercial and industries there, I already invested in Jurong East once in 1991 and sold after 2 1/2 years and made a tidy profit, now i am back again with another investment in 2010 and waiting for the explosive growth.

Ok will go check Ringo33 out. Why? He thinks Jurong will flop?

But most Singaporeans are restricted by the cooling measures. So they go to Iskandar side.