• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bandar Seri Alam , Masai Community

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's for sure value for money....

I have been there twice and will likely go there again. Excellent dining place

Yesterday had the salted egg chicken from the zi char stall at Today's Market. Sedap!!!!:biggrin:

oracle76

Alfrescian
Loyal
After Johor change their weekend to Friday and Saturday , how is the Sunday Traffic ? Any improvement ? What is the best time to travel in and out of JB on Sunday .. :smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's not free from the date of purchase of the house? :O how's the signal reception there?

It is free for 2 years from June 2012. But I bought only in August 2013, quickly moved in first day of December, and only get internet recentky done after lawyers have settled 2nd payment between banks in late December. 5 months plus of free internet still better than nothing. Reception is good and speed rather fast. I am happy with it so far.

oracle76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bravo .. new Chinese Secondary School and Tamil Primary School Added to Bandar Seri Alam

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Comm...ar-Seri-Alam-to-add-Chinese-and-Tamil-school/

JOHOR BARU: The Federal and State governments are ready and committed to provide quality education at all levels of society, said Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin.

Other than private international higher education institutions in Educity@Nusajaya here, he said that Bandar Seri Alam would be complete as a “City of Knowledge” with the addition of a Chinese high school as well as a new Tamil school that would be built here this year.

“With the building of the new and third branch of Foon Yew High School and soon, a new Tamil school here, it indirectly realises the state government’s wish for Bandar Seri Alam to provide an all-rounded education from kindergarten right up to tertiary education.

“The City of Knowledge is equiped with both private and public schools as well as vernacular schools, which is accessible to all,” he said, adding that it differs from Educity where there were no public education institutions there.

He was speaking to the media after representing Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in handing over a RM1mil mock cheque for the construction of Foon Yew High School’s third branch.

Mohamed Khaled said that the RM1mil allocation was approved by Najib after Foon Yew applied for an additional branch in conjunction with its 100th anniversary and because its branches in Johor Baru and Kulaijaya were unable to cater to the increasing number of students.

He also said that the state government fully supports Foon Yew’s developments and would help them put in a word to the Education Ministry regarding its application to build the school as soon as possible.

The school would be built on a 9.4ha land in Bandar Seri Alam given by developer Seri Alam Properties Sdn Bhd that has been approved by the Johor government.

Foon Yew High School currently has 10,794 students in both its Johor Baru and Kulaijaya branches.

Besides that, other schools and education institutions found in the City of Knowledge are SJKC Nam Heng, Japanese International School, Maktab Rendah Sains Mara (MRSM), Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL), Asia Metropolitan University (AMU) and Malaysia Art School.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bravo .. new Chinese Secondary School and Tamil Primary School Added to Bandar Seri Alam

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Comm...ar-Seri-Alam-to-add-Chinese-and-Tamil-school/

JOHOR BARU: The Federal and State governments are ready and committed to provide quality education at all levels of society, said Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin.

Other than private international higher education institutions in Educity@Nusajaya here, he said that Bandar Seri Alam would be complete as a “City of Knowledge” with the addition of a Chinese high school as well as a new Tamil school that would be built here this year.

“With the building of the new and third branch of Foon Yew High School and soon, a new Tamil school here, it indirectly realises the state government’s wish for Bandar Seri Alam to provide an all-rounded education from kindergarten right up to tertiary education.

“The City of Knowledge is equiped with both private and public schools as well as vernacular schools, which is accessible to all,” he said, adding that it differs from Educity where there were no public education institutions there.

He was speaking to the media after representing Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in handing over a RM1mil mock cheque for the construction of Foon Yew High School’s third branch.

Mohamed Khaled said that the RM1mil allocation was approved by Najib after Foon Yew applied for an additional branch in conjunction with its 100th anniversary and because its branches in Johor Baru and Kulaijaya were unable to cater to the increasing number of students.

He also said that the state government fully supports Foon Yew’s developments and would help them put in a word to the Education Ministry regarding its application to build the school as soon as possible.

The school would be built on a 9.4ha land in Bandar Seri Alam given by developer Seri Alam Properties Sdn Bhd that has been approved by the Johor government.

Foon Yew High School currently has 10,794 students in both its Johor Baru and Kulaijaya branches.

Besides that, other schools and education institutions found in the City of Knowledge are SJKC Nam Heng, Japanese International School, Maktab Rendah Sains Mara (MRSM), Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL), Asia Metropolitan University (AMU) and Malaysia Art School.

Ho sei lah! :smile:

oracle76

Alfrescian
Loyal
More High Way to the East !!

Quote:
New highway connecting PG,Seri Alam-Johor Jaya-Desa Tebrau-Setia Indah and Impian Emas will be built

PASIR GUDANG 12 Feb. - Laluan trafik baharu yang bakal menghubungkan Bandar Seri Alam, Masai dan Nusa Damai, Pasir Gudang bakal mengurangkan kesesakan kenderaan keluar masuk di daerah ini selain meningkatkan penjanaan ekonomi di kawasan sekitar.
Yang Dipertua Majlis Perbandaran Pasir Gudang (MPPG), On Jabbar berkata, jalan penyuraian sepanjang 1.5 kilometer itu menelan kos pembinaan sebanyak RM18 juta dan bakal membawa pelbagai kesan positif untuk masyarakat sekitar.
"Jalan baharu yang dijangka siap pada pertengahan tahun hadapan itu nanti bukan sahaja akan mengurangkan kesesakan kenderaan keluar dan masuk Pasir Gudang, malah ia akan turut meningkatkan lagi ekonomi setempat.
"Ini kerana Seri Alam kini merupakan hab pendidikan yang menempatkan beberapa universiti bertaraf antarabangsa selain terdapatnya rancangan pembinaan sebuah hospital baharu di bandar itu," katanya.
Beliau berkata demikian dalam sidang akhbar selepas Majlis Angkat Sumpah Ahli Majlis MPPG yang diadakan di Menara Aqabah, di sini semalam.
Seramai 15 Ahli Majlis yang terdiri daripada wakil-wakil UMNO, MIC dan Gerakan telah diumumkan manakala enam wakil daripada MCA dan masing-masing satu daripada UMNO, MIC dan pertubuhan bukan kerajaan (NGO) masih dikosongkan buat sementara waktu.
"Pihak kami telah menerima senarai nama enam wakil daripada MCA untuk menyertai Ahli Majlis pada 27 Januari lalu namun nama mereka masih belum dapat diumumkan buat masa ini.
"Kami jangka isu pengosongan ini akan dapat diselesaikan selewat-lewatnya dalam bulan Mac dan kesemua kekosongan itu akan diisi bermula bulan April nanti," ujarnya.

Artikel Penuh: http://utusan.com.my/utusan/Johor/20...#ixzz2tOKT2DQ2
© Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
More High Way to the East !!

Quote:
New highway connecting PG,Seri Alam-Johor Jaya-Desa Tebrau-Setia Indah and Impian Emas will be built

yup, this is the east west link highway. it will pass north of setia indah / SEC / desa tebrau (in between SEC and Ecoworld's new project).
"sepanjang 1.5 km" ??? Cannot be la.. more like 15 km.
but the highway goes nowhere in the west side lei. If it ends at impian emas, we still have to take the old skudai road towards 2nd link. or make one BIIIIIG loop around the pulai area? one good thing is that it will be easier for vehicle to go from PG to senai.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
newly design higway should be ok you know...
tebrau hiway got traffic light??don;t have lah..

Maybe my memory fails me. It was just very frustrating drive during my first drive to Tebrau. Good to have a highway in that area. Last week it took me 10 min just to get out of e AEON Tebrau junction, after I took the SI photos.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe my memory fails me. It was just very frustrating drive during my first drive to Tebrau. Good to have a highway in that area. Last week it took me 10 min just to get out of e AEON Tebrau junction, after I took the SI photos.

errrr. bro.. you know which is the tebrau 'highway' or not?
the road with a lot of traffic light is jln mutiara emas utama (or something seomthing mutiara la.) that road is bad jam. to avoid that coming from setia indah to go your house, turn left on the first left turn after the RHB bank / austin height/ sunway college traffic light, it's a back road that lead directly to your new house.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
errrr. bro.. you know which is the tebrau 'highway' or not?
the road with a lot of traffic light is jln mutiara emas utama (or something seomthing mutiara la.) that road is bad jam. to avoid that coming from setia indah to go your house, turn left on the first left turn after the RHB bank / austin height/ sunway college traffic light, it's a back road that lead directly to your new house.

Oh I mean Tebrau Highway from CIQ to Desa Tebrau. Oh yes, I found out tt back lane by accident. JB is large n interesting. It will take me one lifetime to explore.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I mean Tebrau Highway from CIQ to Desa Tebrau. Oh yes, I found out tt back lane by accident. JB is large n interesting. It will take me one lifetime to explore.

CIQ --> EDL --> exit pasar borong pandan --> go straight till you see aeon tebrau --> exit and go straight to your new house. no traffic light!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
CIQ --> EDL --> exit pasar borong pandan --> go straight till you see aeon tebrau --> exit and go straight to your new house. no traffic light!

I used the really old way: exit CIQ keeping to right, pass Shell station and turn right at traffic junction, then go straight road all the way. Tons of traffic and traffic light. It was later then I realised there was EDL as what you described. That entire stretch of Tebrau "Highway" was difficult to drive even during non-peak hours as effectively only the middle lane was usable.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used the really old way: exit CIQ keeping to right, pass Shell station and turn right at traffic junction, then go straight road all the way. Tons of traffic and traffic light. It was later then I realised there was EDL as what you described. That entire stretch of Tebrau "Highway" was difficult to drive even during non-peak hours as effectively only the middle lane was usable.

yes the EDL helps a lot, and opens up the development of the north tebrau areas. i wouldn't have considered a house there without the EDL.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes the EDL helps a lot, and opens up the development of the north tebrau areas. i wouldn't have considered a house there without the EDL.

they're widening up the pandan bridge and also permas jaya road heading to back to SG.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides Pandan Bridge, they have also completed the Kampung Melayu flyover. According to friends, this means that to go to places like Taman Sentosa/Melodies etc, the Tebrau people may not even use EDL liao, as the flyover has cut away 1 or 2 traffic lights at the Old Tebrau highway. (I think is 1, my friend says is 2)

So the flyover lightens the EDL load, and makes the Old Tebrau Highway faster. Unfortunately, due to Pandan Bridge upgrading, the Tebrau to JB jam is quite bad now, at most times of the day. The jam is just for a short distance though, say ard 10 mins. When the upgrade is complete, coupled with Pasir Gudang Highway upgrade, traffic will be much better!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, I can see several road upgrades there. With more people shifting into Tebrau, e area will be much more vibrant. But hope e developers leave some greenery else it will become a concrete jungle like Zone A.