• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lovers

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big fight. Read all at the link below. How many incidents of public "fed-up-ness" displayed by the POOR people in Singapore?

Appeared in today's ST. Can someone post the article here?

The Straits Times Exclusive
Golfers, youths in brawl on green
Fight erupts after the golfers accuse youths of trespassing on the green.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lo

Big fight. Read all at the link below. How many incidents of public "fed-up-ness" displayed by the POOR people in Singapore?

Appeared in today's ST. Can someone post the article here?

The Straits Times Exclusive
Fight erupts after the golfers accuse youths of trespassing on the green.

Have you considered that these people don't give a damn so they may not even be "Fed up" but just bored?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Big Fight At S'pore Island Club Golf Green Between Golfers and The Poor Nature Lo

FULL REPORT HERE..

Fight erupts after the golfers accuse youths of trespassing on the green
By Jessica Lim

The fight ended when the police arrived. Eight youths were arrested and one golfer taken to hospital. -- ST PHOTO: TERENCE TAN

A FIGHT erupted yesterday between a group of golfers at the Singapore Island Country Club (SICC) and a group of youths accused of trespassing on the green.

Allegedly, punches were thrown, golf balls flung and clubs swung.

When the dust settled after the police arrived, eight youths were arrested and one golfer taken to hospital.

Golfer Robert Tan, 52, landed in hospital with the back of his head sore, allegedly from being clobbered. He said he did not know who or what hit him.

The golfers, who were having their weekly game at the club near MacRitchie Reservoir, said they saw three youths snoozing in a tee box near the fourth hole at about 10am.

One of the golfers, Mr Lawrence Loh, 59, woke them up and asked them to leave because it was 'dangerous' for them to be there.

He also pointed out that the golf course was private property. He said one of the youths started kicking a tee box marker around like a ball, parroting his words.

'They just kept repeating what I said - in a hostile manner,' he said.

'That was when I raised my voice and told them to go away. Then one of them ran towards me to try to punch me.'

That triggered the clash. The youths were joined by a second lot of shirtless and tattooed individuals who emerged from a forested area behind the golf course.

Spades, tee markers and golf balls were flying in all directions, said Mr Loh, who said he also saw one youth swinging a golf club around.

While all this was happening, Mr Tan, who was a distance from the action, reached for his cellphone to call the police.

As he was about to dial 999, a youth came up to him and begged him not to make the call because his friends were 'drunk and did not know what they were doing'.

Mr Tan, a branding consultant, said from his bed at Tan Tock Seng Hospital that his back was to the youth then, and 'before I knew it, I was kicked and felt a sharp pain on the back of my head'.

He crumpled to the grass and was unable to get up from the shock.

The fight broke up as quickly as it escalated when the police arrived on the scene.

By then, Mr Loh was nursing a cut on his left cheek, while two other golfers had picked up bruises on their hands.

Mr Tan told the police who interviewed him at his bedside that he did not hit back at his attacker.

Asked if any of his golfer friends struck back at the youths, he said he was not aware if that had happened.

It is not known if both groups of youths knew each other.

Twenty-year-old Siti Shahirah Said Furrdin, who said she was the girlfriend of one of the youths who joined the brawl later, said she and her friends were taking a walk in the forested area near MacRitchie Reservoir to see the monkeys after a night of drinking at VivoCity.

They were trying to find their way out of the forest when they wandered onto the golf course. There were no signs saying they could not be there, said the young woman, who is unemployed.

'Then a ball came whizzing and hit my friend in the face,' she said.

She said her group next approached the golfer whom they claimed had thrown the ball to ask for an apology.

None was given, she said.

In response, the golfer, who was clutching a golf club, started punching her friend, she alleged.

She said her friends did not retaliate. The police had arrived by then.

Ms Shahirah, who watched the fracas from the sidelines, was not arrested.

Police confirmed that they received a call yesterday morning about a dispute on the green, which ended with the arrest of eight youths and with one golfer being taken to hospital.

All the youths are believed to be Singaporean males, aged between 13 and 25.

SICC declined comment.

Mr Tan's wife Lei May, 52, said: 'I was so upset when I heard what happened. After all, he was just going to play golf.'

She called for a clearer demarcation between SICC and the reservoir area, which is public space.

[email protected]

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nature lovers? Sound like drunk teens to me.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Twenty-year-old Siti Shahirah Said Furrdin, who said she was the girlfriend of one of the youths who joined the brawl later, said she and her friends were taking a walk in the forested area near MacRitchie Reservoir to see the monkeys after a night of drinking at VivoCity.
What were they drinking?
I thought Islam forbids alcohol?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What were they drinking?

psst!...please do not tell them this!...:o the mats, obviously is trespassing..period!

the golfers hould have called the course security...and call the police!, not worthwhile damaging their balls & clubs..which is more expensive than all the mats present... ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

we have 'lesser mortals'..here?..ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

What were they drinking?

Quite a few do drink and gamble. Go to Double O, drink until "peng sun" also got. Boat Quay their fav place. The moment you hear a mat speak hokien, there will be trouble a-brewing.

But when things go wrong i.e. no money, they hide under their religion, tudong etc and KPKB.

Really give the religion a bad name. Nowadays most trouble makers are Malay youths. Wish they focus on FTs instead.

Garment have one big "si beh sio" potato to handle.

Me think the REAL reason for NO WELFARE in S'pore is bcos of this group that refuses to work or maginalised by FTs until cannot find work.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those golfers are lying. If they didn't fight back, they may have died. You think they would have only landed up injured?

How come both parties say they didn't "fight back" when there are injured people? So people started flying through the air and landed on the ground with bruises on their own? Maybe someone should call in ghost busters instead. :cool:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those golfers are lying. If they didn't fight back, they may have died. You think they would have only landed up injured?

How come both parties say they didn't "fight back" when there are injured people? So people started flying through the air and landed on the ground with bruises on their own? Maybe someone should call in ghost busters instead. :cool:

The bunnies did it ....:biggrin::biggrin:

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

may be the flight behind hit balls at them _
and forgot to shout " FORE ":eek:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

may be the flight behind hit balls at them _
and forgot to shout " FORE ":eek:

Maybe the golfers shouted "Fore" and the mats tought they were being sweared at.

Is "Fore" a malay bad word or sounds like a Malay swear word?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe the golfers shouted "Fore" and the mats tought they were being sweared at.

Is "Fore" a malay bad word or sounds like a Malay swear word?

Maybe the Mats were offended because they don't have foreskins?

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its clear the mats wre not suppose to be there in the 1st place and yet ant to be yah yah about it. Frankly I think they should lock up these semi evolved apes and throw away they key. Give the human race such a bad name :(

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its clear the mats wre not suppose to be there in the 1st place and yet ant to be yah yah about it. Frankly I think they should lock up these semi evolved apes and throw away they key. Give the human race such a bad name :(

They already say in the papers that they are there to "See the Monkeys"

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are just there for a bash-up, not to see the monkeys. Any other excuses, well, I will leave to their lawyers to give us a credible explanation, at least.

But as for golf, well, I don't see the appeal of it. I still prefer exciting sports and do some exciting sports/exercise. Golf to me, is boring. I will only, however, watch golf on TV if Tiger Woods is there.

Alfrescian
Loyal

psst!...please do not tell them this!...:o the mats, obviously is trespassing..period!

the golfers hould have called the course security...and call the police!, not worthwhile damaging their balls & clubs..which is more expensive than all the mats present... ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

we have 'lesser mortals'..here?..ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

I have said before, never confront them if you are not capable to. Maybe these golfers played at SICC, think they are of higher mortals, with such status. They think they can intimidate lesser mortals. Fortunately no fatal injuries.
Never, never argue with a people with lower mentality. I have experienced such people before. With their inferior complexities, they are capable of coming back at you with a vengeance. Particularly with a different race.

Last edited:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal

these jokers were just playing hantam bola like we did in school....

if it was a real fight golf clubs would have inflicted serious injuries liao...

this small island has too many golf courses anyway...

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another case of Elites vs Native Peasants?