• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Char brings you to China

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasn't planning to post this coz China is one of those locations most would have visited but since U guys seem to enjoy these threads i'll post some pics of China as well. I'll split it into 2 portions. The recent trip to China that included North Korea and Mongolia. For that trip I went to Dalian, Dandong, Xian and Beijing. And another biz trip to Shanghai earlier in the year, I took the opportunity to visit Suzhou and Hangzhou as well. No chio bu. U want chio bu go visit the sister forum. U can find plenty there.

Part 1. Dalian Dandong, Xian, Beijing

I mentioned earlier I was in China for a wedding. The wedding took place in Dalian.

Dalian
The city is very developed. Didn't expect it to be this nice. For those of you who follow Chinese news and heard of Bo Xilai, this place was built up by him and pretty much set the stage for his rise in China
IMG_6131.JPG

Major Shopping area
IMG_6123.JPG

IMG_6126.JPG

Dog meat beancurd soup. Nope I am not kidding
IMG_0660.JPG

Dandong
I went to Dandong which is about 4 hours by car from Dalian. Dandong is the border between China and North Korea

2 bridge in the image, the broken bridge in front which is the landmark of this place and behind that the bridge that links China to North Korea over the Yalu River
IMG_6740.JPG

The Broken Bridge
IMG_6757.JPG

This pretty much sums up the difference between China and North Korea. No prize for guessing which side is China
IMG_6770.JPG

Xi'An
I am sure most of you have seen and heard of the terracotta army, not sure how many of you have actually seen it. Xian is the place where the Qin Emperor was buried

Xian have a big muslim quarters. The biggest Mosque in China
IMG_7265.JPG

IMG_7294.JPG

The Drum Tower
IMG_7301.JPG

And the Bell Tower
IMG_7308.JPG

Xian's famous City Wall. For those who might be mistaken this is NOT part of the great wall of China
IMG_7326.JPG

IMG_7328.JPG

The Terracotta Army Museum. Pit 1. They've been excavating this for 40 years but still not even halfway done. They've so far found 5 pits
IMG_7368.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

Actual state of how the terracotta army was found. They had to reconstruct them together piece by piece
IMG_7388.JPG

Pit 3
IMG_7408.JPG

Terracotta Archer
IMG_7420.JPG

Beijing
Not my first time in Beijing. Last time I was here some of the places were under renovation for the 08 Olympics so it was a good time to revisit. I am almost certain many of you have been here as well, those of you who haven't must make a trip as least once in your lifetime instead of wasting money on multiple trips to places like Hong Kong or Taiwan, Beijing is far more interesting, cheaper and anything that those 2 have to offer you can find a better version of it here. Some of the image are a bit blur due to the haze/pollution. I was lucky only day 1 was that bad

Tian An Men Square
IMG_7105.JPG

IMG_7122.JPG

The Forbidden Palace. This place is beyond huge, it will easily take you the whole day just to visit the entire place
IMG_7141.JPG

The Inner Palace
IMG_7179.JPG

IMG_7181.JPG

The Emperor's Bedroom
IMG_7196.JPG

Temple of Heaven
IMG_7239.JPG

Ming Tomb, more specifically the tomb of Zhu Di
IMG_7460.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

There was a small Zheng He exhibition at the site. This is a model of his ship
IMG_7466.JPG

The Great Wall of China
IMG_7499.JPG

IMG_7498.JPG

IMG_7512.JPG

IMG_7527.JPG

The Olympic Park
IMG_7542.JPG

IMG_7547.JPG

The Summer Palace
IMG_7597.JPG

IMG_7615.JPG

IMG_7638.JPG

Wangfujing Food Street
IMG_7560.JPG

For those wondering, the scorpions are pretty tasteless, didn't try the seahorse or starfish
IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_7565.JPG

IMG_7571.JPG

jw5

Loyal
All the peektures here I saw before already when I was there. :(

So where are the chiobus? :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Char, unfortunately we on opposite side of table but have to admit the pics you posted on North Korea and this thread is good and original. Well done!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I cannot helped but be amazed every time I see photos of the terracotta warriors.

What's so amazing? It's just like a huge factory churning out statues after statues......as long as you've free labor and plenty of it, it can be done. If the laborers and artisans refuse to do it, off with their heads and 7 generations before and after.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's so amazing? It's just like a huge factory churning out statues after statues......as long as you've free labor and plenty of it, it can be done. If the laborers and artisans refuse to do it, off with their heads and 7 generations before and after.

Thank you for your enlightenment

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
great job on the photos, CharAzn

ps: you seemed to have lost weight a fair bit.

Last edited:

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those palace grounds are very vast, must be tiring walking to the palace doors. Probably should visit China when young for old folks.

That tour guide at the Terracotta Archer is a babe. Hope you had some "guidance" from her too!

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
well done to you too chon....giving credit where it is due irrespective of differences.

Char, unfortunately we on opposite side of table but have to admit the pics you posted on North Korea and this thread is good and original. Well done!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Char why no night club photo?

Got my own companion in Beijing no need go night club :p

U are too obsess with politics. I have plenty of hardcore opposition friends, we don't kill each other every time we meet. Heck I used to support WP myself(until 06) when my political views changed. U need to learn to let go sometimes

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Part 2: Shanghai and Jiangsu

The photos were taken during an earlier trip to China. This was a working trip, didn't had my DSLR with me so the quality of the photo leaves something to be desired.

Shanghai
The Maglev Train
SAM_0914.JPG

The Bund
SAM_0656.JPG

The famous Yang Cheng Hu Hairy Crab
SAM_0795.JPG

Suzhou
Lion Grove Garden
SAM_0679.JPG

SAM_0713.JPG

SAM_0729.JPG

SAM_0739.JPG

Han Shan Temple
SAM_0769.JPG

SAM_0771.JPG

Bei Si Pagoda
IMG_00000017.jpg

IMG_00000021.jpg

Hang Zhou
The famous West Lake
SAM_0808.JPG

SAM_0841.JPG

SAM_0853.JPG

Ling Ying Temple
SAM_0880.JPG

SAM_0892.JPG

They had a hall full of these
SAM_0902.JPG

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your politics is deplorable, but thanks for your beautiful pics and the interesting travel posts. Up you. :smile: