• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what happens after say 10-15 years when they need to replace the lift?

That is to be worked out by the MC, but I have some concern about maintenance also. Not only for condos but G&G landed. Not everyone will be cooperative.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Standards in Johor apparently is much lower than KL and Penang. For the same price based on what I am aware it seems that the quality of Johor is worse. So where is the profits going, govt coffers or developers pockets?

Doesn't seem to be going into the properties.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn. So many concern about buying property in Johor. It's not that cheap. So many uncertainties about the rule and regulations, quality is questionable, safety is a concern. Maintenance of the estate is not certain. Over supply in the near future..

Then Issit worth the effort to buy into Iskandar? What's the upside? Am I missing something?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn. So many concern about buying property in Johor. It's not that cheap. So many uncertainties about the rule and regulations, quality is questionable, safety is a concern. Maintenance of the estate is not certain. Over supply in the near future..

Then Issit worth the effort to buy into Iskandar? What's the upside? Am I missing something?

When you are faced with 6.9 mil people in Singapore in 2030. You will know :smile:

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
you know 6.9MIO population going to happen soon in SG. dont think too much the more you think the more you confuse. choose location where already established althought price a bit higher but it is safer. Act now don't delayed anymore..

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, U missing: Action

Buy liao, u will get yr ans. titter.gif

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
True blue locals will not want to live in Condos. SPRs, outstation, foreign investors are buying up all these condos mushrooming all over. Not many landed projects being launched, only high end clusters, semi Ds, bungalows in Nusajaya region which majority of locals won't be buying or can afford. State govt seen doing their job, developers making tonnes, win win for them.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Seems like developers are winning big time. Maybe need to clear the demand for the lower cost investment before the higher end developments can start to come in.

Probably good to hold on for a while if you want more value for money developments. It might be more pricey though.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
True blue locals will not want to live in Condos. SPRs, outstation, foreign investors are buying up all these condos mushrooming all over. Not many landed projects being launched, only high end clusters, semi Ds, bungalows in Nusajaya region which majority of locals won't be buying or can afford. State govt seen doing their job, developers making tonnes, win win for them.
If 50% of condo goes to foreigner, the other 50% goes to SPR and outstation ?
With so many condo unit avail I think there must be some level of local consumption.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
If 50% of condo goes to foreigner, the other 50% goes to SPR and outstation ?
With so many condo unit avail I think there must be some level of local consumption.

I would say it's local speculation. A lot of locals are buying for flipping to Singaporeans as the entry price is still considered joy for Singaporeans. The locals can make a quick buck.. else can still consider to rent out if unsuccessful.

Especially for those locals working in Singapore.. the exchange rate plus local knowledge serves them welt.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, which is why the MB is mulling over the ruling that foreigners can only buy secondary landed property not owned by locals. As for condos, they are not too concerned as these are not the preferred choice of residence for Johoreans.

Last edited:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
As lifestyle change, there will be folks who will like condo as well. I think you can easily change your IC address in Malaysia from one state to another and become a Johor "citizen". Hence those outstation folks who works in Singapore or the expected new jobs in Iskandar may want to buy a condo as a home away from home.

The MB intend is really noble. But he may also inevitably deny his people a chance to make money, while allowing the developers to reap the rewards of selling to foreigners.

I think forcing some restriction on building too many > 500K property, anti speculation measures for the locals and a control on property ownership based on citizenship ( like HDB race quota ) may do the trick. For the new property the current quota of 20% for links and 30% for semi-d and bungolow I think are sufficient measure. For new condo they can consider lowing the quota from 50% to 40% or asking for higher development tax on the developer if they want to have a 50% quota.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ujana TOP this year or 2012? My cutoff is from 2013 onwards.

If adding this 2: Ujana (168 units, 2013?) and Idaman Residence (400 units, 2015)....

Revised Total No. of Units = 53,292

In my list, I dun have the size of Degree Serviced Suites. Anyone?

Oh Ujana TOP is end 2012 based on some posts from this forum.

Ok I join in the bean counting..have found a few more condos from websites..

1. Pandan residence, 281, Dec 15
2. Larkin heights, 328, Jul 15
3. Midori green (Austin height), 418, Dec 15
4. Senai garden, 264, May 15
5. One Danga@Danga bay, 960, Dec 16
6. Somerset PH, 168, Dec 13
7. Medini signature, 456, year=?
8. Scott towers @larkin, 350, year = ?
9. Brunsfield, unit =?, year = ?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Pandan residence, 281, Dec 15
2. Larkin heights, 328, Jul 15
3. Midori green (Austin height), 418, Dec 15
4. Senai garden, 264, May 15
5. One Danga@Danga bay, 960, Dec 16
6. Somerset PH, 168, Dec 13
7. Medini signature, 456, year=?
8. Scott towers @larkin, 350, year = ?
9. Brunsfield, unit =?, year = ?

Ok, adding 2 more condos to my list:

1) EcoNest @ EcoBotanic (Units=472, Year=?)
2) Puteri Cove Residences (Units=800, Year=?), sourced from new thread with same name on this forum.

Summary stats:

No of condos = 87
Total No of Units = 54,557.

So no. of condos = 96
total no. of units = 57,782

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, which is why the MB is mulling over the ruling that foreigners can only buy secondary landed property not owned by locals. As for condos, they are not too concerned as these are not the preferred choice of residence for Johoreans.

wrong. the report clearly states... local cannot sell to foreigner. no mention of what type of property. this should be fun if implemented. get to watch malaysia (or state) govt shoot itself in the foot. thank god i only bought one house in johor.

Last edited:

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would say it's local speculation. A lot of locals are buying for flipping to Singaporeans as the entry price is still considered joy for Singaporeans. The locals can make a quick buck.. else can still consider to rent out if unsuccessful.

Especially for those locals working in Singapore.. the exchange rate plus local knowledge serves them welt.

If the regulation changed with foreigner not allowing to buy resale from local. The following will br affected...

1) local, as their potential buyer base shrunk instantly to local. . Flipping ended.
2) foreginer, cannot buy from local resale..potential sources of buying limited to new development or buy resales from foreigner. Impact. . Mostly unaffected. Housing with mixed local and international lot might showed huge price variance, example: Bukit Indah landed.

Area with homogeneous land title ownership will be least affected. Example: Medini as then whole area are lease hold cum all are international lots.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the regulation changed with foreigner not allowing to buy resale from local. The following will br affected...

1) local, as their potential buyer base shrunk instantly to local. . Flipping ended.
2) foreginer, cannot buy from local resale..potential sources of buying limited to new development or buy resales from foreigner. Impact. . Mostly unaffected. Housing with mixed local and international lot might showed huge price variance, example: Bukit Indah landed.

Area with homogeneous land title ownership will be least affected. Example: Medini as then whole area are lease hold cum all are international lots.

A reasonable argument. Makes sense. It's possible as it is in line with the govt effort to control housing prices for its citizens. But unfortunate for the locals who are speculating.

sunriver

Alfrescian
Loyal

Great!!!

I will take Ujana out from the list as cutoff is 2013 onwards.

Some comments:

1) For One Danga, developer website lists 618 units, but saw lots of other websites listing 960 units as well :smile: I'll use developer figure, to be conservative.

2) Came across Senai Garden before, but didn't include it as it's located in Zone E Iskandar. So far away haha. But what the heck, the listing is for Iskandar, and I will include this project.

3) My intention is to only include projects that are already launched. But I will maintain a separate KIV list for projects that are rumored to be launched soon, or only open for registration. Otherwise there are quite a few ambitious projects which I'm not sure will actually see light of day (eg. rumored 1769 units at Avira@ Medini, 382 units at Paradiso Nuovo @ Medini etc). To include all these will be mind-boggling :smile:

4) Not sure about status for One Danga and Medini Signature, but the other names in your list seems to be launched already. Any confirmation?

Once we reach the milestone of 100 Condo Projects OR 60K Total Units, I shall republish the condo listing for easy reference. Akan Datang :smile:

Keep the contributions coming in.

Last edited: