• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are there any buyers of D'Rich Residences at Nusa Duta and have they successfully rented out their units? Let's take for example a 904 sq ft unit. What are the chances of renting out D'Rich Residences at say RM1600 (min) - RM1800 (max) ? Able to rent out within 3 months of taking our keys?

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 1 agent ever told me that it will take 6 to 8 months to rent out an apartment in JB cos people need to get to know of the project as there are so many apartments sprouting out in JB. And better to buy 1 that can be sold at RM$1m above(so can be sold to foreigners) as a exit route...
Instead of buying JB property, I am thinking of buying into some savings plan or fixed income series plan...just put the money away for some years...

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
That day, a close friend of mine told me a story about her own father...Her father bought a Taman Sentosa property years ago to rent out. As her mother was a Malaysian(now a Singaporean), she would go into Malaysia to collect rental. For her mother safety, her father sold off the property. There was definitely a profit as they bought it cheap, but in the end the profit turn to peanuts cos the profit was offsetted by foreign exchange - S$ is much stronger than M$ - and they use the money to pay off their HDB loan...

For my age, I will not be staying at JB at all...monthly loan is also definitely higher than the rental I can get so every month I will have to top up...also must monitor forex all that...leh chey lor..

This friend advice me against buying JB property due to her own family experience...just share with you guys a true story, of course not all JB investors will encounter this ...

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
That day, a close friend of mine told me a story about her own father...Her father bought a Taman Sentosa property years ago to rent out. As her mother was a Malaysian(now a Singaporean), she would go into Malaysia to collect rental. For her mother safety, her father sold off the property. There was definitely a profit as they bought it cheap, but in the end the profit turn to peanuts cos the profit was offsetted by foreign exchange - S$ is much stronger than M$ - and they use the money to pay off their HDB loan...

For my age, I will not be staying at JB at all...monthly loan is also definitely higher than the rental I can get so every month I will have to top up...also must monitor forex all that...leh chey lor..

This friend advice me against buying JB property due to her own family experience...just share with you guys a true story, of course not all JB investors will encounter this ...

Your close friend and the agents are spot on, at least with the present climate.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
It should be ok if one can manage and withstand the risks of buying properties, whether local or overseas ones..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rental will be tough going forward, not only in JB but whole of peninsular MY. Given the proximity of JB to SG, and overcrowding in SG, JB properties are still appealing as a weekend/holiday/retirement house. Hence prices will still appreciate for JB properties in good locations. Freehold G&G landed residential and industrial properties are still highly sought after currently despite the gloom in high-rise residential properties.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taman Sentosa is a place where people lose money even during the booming time.

If your friend father bought into East LEdang or Horizon Hills, he will be a million ringgit richer and even with exchange rate, he will get S$350K after paying and tipping everyone.

But have to agree buy one get one free periods are over. People shd buy for own stay and long term use if they don't have long term holding power.

I have friends in EL and HH sales and they said sales is slower but NOT ZERO. Every week sure got one sales and their salaries have been reduced from RM 20k-RM 30k to about RM 10k plus

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's assume I get the keys to R Dich 904 sq ft at RM550 psf, my monthly loan plus maintenance will be about RM2500.

If what you said is true, assuming up to 8 months to rent out, then I will need cash reserves of RM2500 x 8 = RM20,000 = SGD7,800+ to tide over.

Hardly attractive at all..To me, its like paying an extra RM20,000 for the condo.

May as well use the SGD7,800 to buy gold and silver...real physical assets that are extremely safe, considering the price of gold at a very low SGD1,600 and silver at SGD25 now...dirt cheap...

Guys, so do you think I should give D Rich a miss?

But if I don't get a 2nd condo from the left over RM500k projects, I will need to fork out RM1 million in the future, IF I WANT TO GET a 2ND CONDO...

More than 1 agent ever told me that it will take 6 to 8 months to rent out an apartment in JB cos people need to get to know of the project as there are so many apartments sprouting out in JB. And better to buy 1 that can be sold at RM$1m above(so can be sold to foreigners) as a exit route...
Instead of buying JB property, I am thinking of buying into some savings plan or fixed income series plan...just put the money away for some years...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's assume I get the keys to R Dich 904 sq ft at RM550 psf, my monthly loan plus maintenance will be about RM2500.

But if I don't get a 2nd condo from the left over RM500k projects, I will need to fork out RM1 million in the future, IF I WANT TO GET a 2ND CONDO...

Are you thinking of buying D'rich? so about 500+k RM. where is the exact location in nusa duta?

other than the name, i think this condo is a reasonable buy given the location, as long as it's near to the Tesco/jusco @ BI. why not sold out, huh?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

oh dear. strictly my opinion, but I have 2 disagree on that. That is an exit route that has land mines all over the exit, and the exit may be blocked at any time. Don't listen to agent.
property is like stock market in a way. you have to buy LOW.

Last edited:

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
MY government is still cutting back subsidies (e.g. fuel and sugar) and raising taxes (e.g. GST and utilities rates) to reduce its debt level and budget deficit. Good property prices will continue to rise due to higher costs of materials and labour.

Malaysia to raise fuel prices by 20 sen
The Star/Asia News Network
Wednesday, Oct 01, 2014
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/ride/malaysia-raise-fuel-prices-20-sen#sthash.AYcKYd6O.dpuf

No, property price will not rise with higher costs. It can only go down because of lesser demand, oversupply and weaken spending power.

Those who say GST will drive up property price have hidden agenda. By now, all developers have already cost in GST for properties TOP next few years.

When GST kicks in, property price will go south. You hear from me first.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, property price will not rise with higher costs. It can only go down because of lesser demand, oversupply and weaken spending power.

Those who say GST will drive up property price have hidden agenda. By now, all developers have already cost in GST for properties TOP next few years.

When GST kicks in, property price will go south. You hear from me first.

Okay :wink: 10 char

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's near Giant.

When you say reasonable buy, it may be so. But the most important question is , able to get tenants? How soon can get tenants?
Can cover monthly loan? I think these are my 3 questions.

Are you thinking of buying D'rich? so about 500+k RM. where is the exact location in nusa duta?

other than the name, i think this condo is a reasonable buy given the location, as long as it's near to the Tesco/jusco @ BI. why not sold out, huh?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's near Giant.

When you say reasonable buy, it may be so. But the most important question is , able to get tenants? How soon can get tenants?
Can cover monthly loan? I think these are my 3 questions.

the answer in malaysia is always maybe, can be quite long, maybe if you take very looooong loan tenure. Near Giant is not great. I thought it's at the Nusa Duta G&G (landed) enclave (near to the IJM land office corner lot at nusa duta shoplots but further in.) is it LH or FH?

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then my friend's father is lucky to get peanuts:wink:

Taman Sentosa is a place where people lose money even during the booming time.

If your friend father bought into East LEdang or Horizon Hills, he will be a million ringgit richer and even with exchange rate, he will get S$350K after paying and tipping everyone.

But have to agree buy one get one free periods are over. People shd buy for own stay and long term use if they don't have long term holding power.

I have friends in EL and HH sales and they said sales is slower but NOT ZERO. Every week sure got one sales and their salaries have been reduced from RM 20k-RM 30k to about RM 10k plus

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mentioned Nusa Duta G&G (landed) enclave (near to the IJM land office corner lot at nusa duta shoplots but further in.

Why is that place good?

It is freehold.

the answer in malaysia is always maybe, can be quite long, maybe if you take very looooong loan tenure. Near Giant is not great. I thought it's at the Nusa Duta G&G (landed) enclave (near to the IJM land office corner lot at nusa duta shoplots but further in.) is it LH or FH?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mentioned Nusa Duta G&G (landed) enclave (near to the IJM land office corner lot at nusa duta shoplots but further in.

Why is that place good?

It is freehold.

nicer and more peaceful environment, feels high end, but still close enough to tesco and aeon, and lots of chinese food at the shoplots near the IJM office.
whereas the other location near giant there are rows full of KTV pub nocturnal activity. i dislike residential too near to chiong places.
anyway just personal opinion. good luck.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

What are the condos that are near to Tesco and Aeon and available for purchase to Singaporeans?

nicer and more peaceful environment, feels high end, but still close enough to tesco and aeon, and lots of chinese food at the shoplots near the IJM office.
whereas the other location near giant there are rows full of KTV pub nocturnal activity. i dislike residential too near to chiong places.
anyway just personal opinion. good luck.