• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
sg dollar is appreciating coz inflation is rising..the government wants to keep inflation in check.

If bank interest rates are 5% now, I will park some of my money in the bank, forget about all these property investment traps, mines etc nonsense, be contented with the current malaysia properties that I have, and just go for a relaxing swim..after all, we can't bring a single cent when we leave for Mandai Crematorium...

Robert Kiyosaki has 2,000 properties, but he can't bring a single condo with him when he passes on.

Yes, it is indeed difficult to retire for many people, that is why retiring in a lower cost country with good exchange rate is attractive and prudent investments are important. Read in business times that Sg will appreciate slowly, hopefully that is true as it will be good for us who works here and spends in neighbouring countries.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just read this info from a website http://investjohor.wordpress.com that says 'In the fourth quarter of last year (means 2013), property data from the Finance Ministry showed that 118,191 residential units were under construction in Johor, with another 168,371 units planned.

The daily noted that the scale of new supply dwarfed the number of transactions, referring to official data which showed a 6.8% drop in residential property sales in Johor to 8,493 units in the first quarter of this year, compared with the previous three months.'

I didn't know there are already so many units... Last Sunday I attend a talk (unfortunately I was late), I ask the speaker about KEMPAS MRT Station (cos some agents promoting projects there claim future station will be there) told me there WILL NOT be any KEMPAS MRT cos they have alignment problem.... He also said 1) if anybody keen should buy properties near hotspots eg Bukit Chagar 2) Don't think Year 2020 deadline will be met, maybe give 10 years 3) Malaysians only look at properties in the region of RM$250k to RM$500k...

1) Kempas has a KTM railway station. The govt is upgrading the whole line from Gemas to JB to electrified double track, IIRC. Has anyone here been to the Kempas KTM :biggrin: :biggrin:
2) The problem with hotspots is the pricing is also "hotspot" price.
3) Since this is M'sia, expect delays to the MRT / RTS project. It's a given.
4) Half correct. Most Malaysians look for 200-500k RM property, but not all. Malaysians will also spend a bit more for a landed they want to live in for long term.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians are also ok with staying in condos if the location is superb and facilities are excellent.

1) Kempas has a KTM railway station. The govt is upgrading the whole line from Gemas to JB to electrified double track, IIRC. Has anyone here been to the Kempas KTM :biggrin: :biggrin:
2) The problem with hotspots is the pricing is also "hotspot" price.
3) Since this is M'sia, expect delays to the MRT / RTS project. It's a given.
4) Half correct. Most Malaysians look for 200-500k RM property, but not all. Malaysians will also spend a bit more for a landed they want to live in for long term.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope in JBV where got walk one. They drive. There is a road leading all the way into Pendas. Its gota be one of the most valuable land in Malaysia soon

Puteriworld,

just wondering if there's a highway in between, how is sunway owners going to walk to the HSR station..

Jaywalk and rush across the highway? lol

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Sunway good. but expensive.

Good things don't come cheap. :smile:

How to define expensive and what are the comparisons to deem it expensive.

Some mind boggling figures:

RM1000 psf in Iskandar
S$1200 psf in Singapore.
GBP 1700 psf in Battersea London.

But many projects in these price range had been sold out. :eek:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

RM1000 psf in Iskandar
S$1200 psf in Singapore.

It's a similar statement to "A mercedes S-class is good, but expensive". :biggrin: :biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When East Ledang Semis selling from RM 700,000 and Bungalows at RM 1 million plus, people say expensive expensive expensive

Semis shot up to RM 1.1m upon TOP, Banglos to RM 2 million plus... people say expensive expensive expensive.

Now at RM 2.5million for semis and Rm 4million for bungalows, same pple say expensive expensive expensive

I heard from same pple somemore. Really can cry one when you see them struggling in their daily jobs in Singapore with S$3k per month

RM1000 psf in Iskandar
S$1200 psf in Singapore.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey manhattan

Did my talk worried you? Can share what worries you a bit now?

And yes, their banks can be dam corked up to an unbelievable extent. How would you feel if suddenly an idiotic PRC female name appeared in the bank document for no bloody reason...
Insider job? Or plain stupidity?...

What's Sunway tenure, psf, sq ft and price now?
I think it's an entrapment, hoping you will sign blindly. If a bank which are supposed to be the most meticulous can do this, I am really worried.
I find the price of sunway citrine reasonable. 600+psf for low floor to 750+psf for high floor above 25. Leasehold 129 years which I don't really mind, somehow.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a similar statement to "A mercedes S-class is good, but expensive". :biggrin: :biggrin:

No need a Mercedes house la. Just Honda will do. But people compare Honda with Proton and say it is still too expensive.
If you do not bite your tongue and commit, you will never buy. You give yourself 100 excuses not to buy.

But when the price is really cheap and one can afford it, one would say the resale is a suspect, the location is not good, the rental returns are not there, etc etc. And one prefer to go on a 14 day expensive holiday in Monaco than to buy something which can appreciate over the years. Many years later, he is still helping others to service their loans. Does he really want to go on renting till he is 70 years old?

Everyone has their own value perceptions. That's life.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
More likely they cork up the name I believe...coz its not asking for signature..

Your price: 600+psf for low floor to 750+psf for high floor above 25.

Is it still valid as of now, 30 Oct 2014?

I have decided on Grand Medini after 1 LONG AGONIZING MONTH of searching, comparing, working out my finances, and taking into consideration ALL other FACTORS that one can think of eg. iskandar potential, location, psf, unit size, price, rental potential, tenure, Zone, unit per acre, purpose of my purchase etc etc etc. I have to be very careful in my selection coz I'm already vested in Zone A. And I don't print money.

But now you tell me Sunway is going for 750+ psf? lol...it's dam tempting..

I think it's an entrapment, hoping you will sign blindly. If a bank which are supposed to be the most meticulous can do this, I am really worried.
I find the price of sunway citrine reasonable. 600+psf for low floor to 750+psf for high floor above 25. Leasehold 129 years which I don't really mind, somehow.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteriworld,

I can understand your part about ppl saying expensive on the landed when they were cheap.

But I don't quite get the part about their job earning S$3K per month.

Can explain??

When East Ledang Semis selling from RM 700,000 and Bungalows at RM 1 million plus, people say expensive expensive expensive

Semis shot up to RM 1.1m upon TOP, Banglos to RM 2 million plus... people say expensive expensive expensive.

Now at RM 2.5million for semis and Rm 4million for bungalows, same pple say expensive expensive expensive

I heard from same pple somemore. Really can cry one when you see them struggling in their daily jobs in Singapore with S$3k per month

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
More likely they cork up the name I believe...coz its not asking for signature..

I have decided on Grand Medini after 1 LONG AGONIZING MONTH of searching, comparing, working out my finances, and taking into consideration ALL other FACTORS that one can think of eg. iskandar potential, location, psf, unit size, price, rental potential, tenure, Zone, unit per acre, purpose of my purchase etc etc etc. I have to be very careful in my selection coz I'm already vested in Zone A. And I don't print money.

is sunway citrine 750psf still within the special economic zone (not RPGT, no restriction on foreigh ownership, no limit on buy price)? if yes, it should be better than GM as sunway is a branded developer compared to Gm's developer.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol..

I wonder if there will be a shuttle bus service plying among the different "medini" condos upon their TOPs? The different "medinis" can co-share pay n maintain the shuttle bus service.

Would be fun.

It's funny how the medini condos sound quite similar.

Nope in JBV where got walk one. They drive. There is a road leading all the way into Pendas. Its gota be one of the most valuable land in Malaysia soon

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
omg guys,

I just decided on GM and now you give me another option..

seriously, lol...

is sunway citrine 750psf still within the special economic zone (not RPGT, no restriction on foreigh ownership, no limit on buy price)? if yes, it should be better than GM as sunway is a branded developer compared to Gm's developer.

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, the plus point is 100m from Gleneagles and no RPGT/min foreigner price.

Staff and students from Educity/pinewood/SILC will be have other condos to choose from (including owners who bought at rock bottom prices so can rent out cheaper), so unlikely for them to want to rent Grand Medini.

P.S. I'm personally very positive on Medini and Nusajaya. Already vested some time ago.

Ok

Grand Medini, 1 MINUTE walk to Gleneagles hospital.

474 sq ft studio, psf 900++

Can buy? Or rather, would you buy, if your finances allow?

Pros:
Target tenants
Medical Tourists - Gleneagles
Medical Staffs - Gleneagles
Students - Educity
Staffs - Pinewood
Workers - Ascendas Park, SiLC etc

No RM1mil restriction selling to foreigners
No RPTG

Cons: Competition from fellow Grand Medini landlords, and those from affiniti, D Pristine, Iskandar Residences, Medini Signature and other condos not in Medini etc.
Leasehold 129 yrs (not really applicable if intend to rent out though)

Let me know all of your thoughts.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funniman,

DAM WELL SAID when you say "If you do not bite your tongue and commit, you will never buy."

In everything, there is a risk. It's how we perceive the risk, work around the risk and minimize the risk. Risk management is the professional term.

No need a Mercedes house la. Just Honda will do. But people compare Honda with Proton and say it is still too expensive.
If you do not bite your tongue and commit, you will never buy. You give yourself 100 excuses not to buy.

But when the price is really cheap and one can afford it, one would say the resale is a suspect, the location is not good, the rental returns are not there, etc etc. And one prefer to go on a 14 day expensive holiday in Monaco than to buy something which can appreciate over the years. Many years later, he is still helping others to service their loans. Does he really want to go on renting till he is 70 years old?

Everyone has their own value perceptions. That's life.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusajaya,

convenient for you to can share which condo you bought, psf, sq ft and price?

Zone B looks very, very exciting now.

In the words of a top Iskandar official, "We have gone past the point of no return. Iskandar is too big to fail."

I'm sure the SG government will not let Iskandar fail either. Total investments is inching towards the 200billion dollar mark. That's an awful lot of investment.

Staff and students from Educity/pinewood/SILC will be have other condos to choose from (including owners who bought at rock bottom prices so can rent out cheaper), so unlikely for them to want to rent Grand Medini.

P.S. I'm personally very positive on Medini and Nusajaya. Already vested some time ago.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Nusajaya,

You will still choose GM over Sunway Citrine? Assuming Citrine price is now 900+ psf for say studio unit.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not selling for citrine. Lol. I just appreciate their masterplan and reasonable pricing.

The price still valid wrt 2 weeks ago when I was at the showroom. Just note that the cheapest 1 bedroom low floor all sold out, left with 28 floor and above. You have to go down and ask them the current price, they will not tell you over the phone.

They sell direct. No agent. No showroom in singapore. And they don't join those property shows at suntec. They seem very confident, you interested you walk in to ask, they will professionally show you around.