• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just read this info from a website http://investjohor.wordpress.com that says 'In the fourth quarter of last year (means 2013), property data from the Finance Ministry showed that 118,191 residential units were under construction in Johor, with another 168,371 units planned.

The daily noted that the scale of new supply dwarfed the number of transactions, referring to official data which showed a 6.8% drop in residential property sales in Johor to 8,493 units in the first quarter of this year, compared with the previous three months.'

I didn't know there are already so many units... Last Sunday I attend a talk (unfortunately I was late), I ask the speaker about KEMPAS MRT Station (cos some agents promoting projects there claim future station will be there) told me there WILL NOT be any KEMPAS MRT cos they have alignment problem.... He also said 1) if anybody keen should buy properties near hotspots eg Bukit Chagar 2) Don't think Year 2020 deadline will be met, maybe give 10 years 3) Malaysians only look at properties in the region of RM$250k to RM$500k...

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just read this info from a website http://investjohor.wordpress.com that says 'In the fourth quarter of last year (means 2013), property data from the Finance Ministry showed that 118,191 residential units were under construction in Johor, with another 168,371 units planned.

The daily noted that the scale of new supply dwarfed the number of transactions, referring to official data which showed a 6.8% drop in residential property sales in Johor to 8,493 units in the first quarter of this year, compared with the previous three months.'

I didn't know there are already so many units... Last Sunday I attend a talk (unfortunately I was late), I ask the speaker about KEMPAS MRT Station (cos some agents promoting projects there claim future station will be there) told me there WILL NOT be any KEMPAS MRT cos they have alignment problem.... He also said 1) if anybody keen should buy properties near hotspots eg Bukit Chagar 2) Don't think Year 2020 deadline will be met, maybe give 10 years 3) Malaysians only look at properties in the region of RM$250k to RM$500k...

Those properties not in the hotspot will suffer including landed properties.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Initially, I thought I miss out on Botanika cos that agent promoting it say river side very cheap compare to SG...the speaker said that place for stay, not invest...

Those properties not in the hotspot will suffer including landed properties.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Initially, I thought I miss out on Botanika cos that agent promoting it say river side very cheap compare to SG...the speaker said that place for stay, not invest...

As i said in many of the threads, location is very important. Regardless whether is high rise or landed properties. Location that easily assess to highway, MRT or RTS is the best. If invest on landed property, try to avoid strata title unit because one day if you wanted to rent it out, you find yourself lose out in term of rental rate as you have to charge higher to cover your high maintenance fee compare to individual title units. Even you wanted to flip, you will have difficulties matching with individual unit price because the strata title terrace house can match individual titled cluster house.

livefree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros,

I am new here and this is also my first time buying an overseas property. I am very interested in D'secret Garden at Kempas and would like to know if any bros has the updated price list for this project. Spoke to a Huttons agent and was quoted RM1.02 million and above which I find it kind of steep despite there will be rebates given and fully furnished. Am looking for a 3 bedroom unit preferably type D.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy KSL at your own risk...

I am a current KSL owner, but not owner of Kempas.

Also, I went to KSL city a few weeks ago. Was quoted a ridiculous 970 psf for their D Inspire Residences for a studio unit. Complete rip off on foreigners. Can get Almas Suites at Puteri Harbor for 900 psf.

If you buy for own stay, is ok as long as the psf is right and developer is reputable. I bought KSL for my own weekend resort home, so is ok.

If buy for investment purposes, there are better developers.

There are many traps and mines in Malaysia. Careful of them. Not saying can't invest. But do your homework thoroughly before signing on the dotted line.

Hi bros,

I am new here and this is also my first time buying an overseas property. I am very interested in D'secret Garden at Kempas and would like to know if any bros has the updated price list for this project. Spoke to a Huttons agent and was quoted RM1.02 million and above which I find it kind of steep despite there will be rebates given and fully furnished. Am looking for a 3 bedroom unit preferably type D.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can ignore location at ridiculously high prices.

There are even different prices from different agents for the same unit.

As i said in many of the threads, location is very important. Regardless whether is high rise or landed properties. Location that easily assess to highway, MRT or RTS is the best. If invest on landed property, try to avoid strata title unit because one day if you wanted to rent it out, you find yourself lose out in term of rental rate as you have to charge higher to cover your high maintenance fee compare to individual title units. Even you wanted to flip, you will have difficulties matching with individual unit price because the strata title terrace house can match individual titled cluster house.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agents are so deceiftful.

lol..

All condos in Malaysia are cheap compared to sg, even at psf 1500..lol

You cant compare durians with rambutans.

Why don't those agents compare their condos with rival developers in Malaysia based on psf, location, facilities, tenure?

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was offered Tropez at Tropicana for 600 psf in 2012.

But looking at the tremendous amount of supply coming up in Danga bay, for own stay is an excellent buy.

For rental, forget about it. Maybe hold for 5 years then rent out.

Or sell to locals, since JB now screw up many Singapore investors who have bought units at RM500k by implementing the RM1 mill rule, causing them unable to sell to foreigners.

But would locals want condos? With that kind of money, they can easily get a good landed.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
And one of the Malaysian banks can even mistake your wife for a PRC and have her name on a document changed to a complete female stranger PRC name.

How ridiculous is that? Or how suspicious is that?

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
When he say anyone keen should buy properties near hotspots eg Bukit Chagar, is he assuming everyone intend to pay rm1500 psf for tri tower?

Sell to who upon completion?

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Botanika is leasehold 99 years right? Not even 129 years leasehold as in Medini.

I guess got much better deals out there.

In August, when agent inform me Phase 2- Tower B launching in September, it was around $600psf for 5th floor but must cough out S$35k, furniture not provided but developer provided S$8k to buy your own..

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this talk gets me worried. Is sunway considered a reputable developer ? I am considering to get an unit from them, really like their master plan.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this talk gets me worried. Is sunway considered a reputable developer ? I am considering to get an unit from them, really like their master plan.

Sunway is good, but to enjoy the entire masterplan with amenities and security near 2nd link, it will take about 15-20 years given the cautious approach of the local developers now.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
15 years I can wait, as long as they deliver according to master plan. Looks like a really nice place to live and retire. Unlike some other development which reminds me of high density living of hong kong.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSR station is just opposite Sunway Iskandar for your info. ( with highway in btw )
you can imagine how huat these Sunway buyers are. Anyway Sunway buyers has typically doubled their investments over the years. This is a Statistic.

15 years I can wait, as long as they deliver according to master plan. Looks like a really nice place to live and retire. Unlike some other development which reminds me of high density living of hong kong.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey manhattan

Did my talk worried you? Can share what worries you a bit now?

And yes, their banks can be dam corked up to an unbelievable extent. How would you feel if suddenly an idiotic PRC female name appeared in the bank document for no bloody reason...
Insider job? Or plain stupidity?...

What's Sunway tenure, psf, sq ft and price now?

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteriworld,

just wondering if there's a highway in between, how is sunway owners going to walk to the HSR station..

Jaywalk and rush across the highway? lol

HSR station is just opposite Sunway Iskandar for your info. ( with highway in btw )
you can imagine how huat these Sunway buyers are. Anyway Sunway buyers has typically doubled their investments over the years. This is a Statistic.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok

Grand Medini, 1 MINUTE walk to Gleneagles hospital.

474 sq ft studio, psf 900++

Can buy? Or rather, would you buy, if your finances allow?

Pros:
Target tenants
Medical Tourists - Gleneagles
Medical Staffs - Gleneagles
Students - Educity
Staffs - Pinewood
Workers - Ascendas Park, SiLC etc

No RM1mil restriction selling to foreigners
No RPTG

Cons: Competition from fellow Grand Medini landlords, and those from affiniti, D Pristine, Iskandar Residences, Medini Signature and other condos not in Medini etc.
Leasehold 129 yrs (not really applicable if intend to rent out though)

Let me know all of your thoughts.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way bro,

KSL offering 25% rebate is complete BS.

I can mark up 50% and offer 50% rebates on my products...if you get what I mean...

Hi bros,