• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
That speaker suggest a few spots...the most likely spot he thinks is between Lim Chu Kang there and Gelang Patah...so it is a guessing game...

Isn't there where the 2nd link is? Why would it be there? The speaker must be trying vv hard to sell you either Medini or Puteri Harbor! hehehe

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
No leh...somewhere between 1st and 2nd link....2nd link is much to the left near tuas there...

According to the speaker, it cost least to build since shortest distance compare to other spots plus that tycoon Peter Lim invest the motor sports hub + other investments near there...so depends on individual believe...

Anyway, I not yet commit any JB property cos I have earlier pick up a 1-bedder SG property...to rent out initially, retire in, or as a legacy to my kids...if I didn't buy this, I will be able to pick up a 1 studio+2 bedder at R&F(my goodness...) Anyway, friends advise me not to overstretched so I need to seriously think about it...I am only a salaried worker and job security is important...

Isn't there where the 2nd link is? Why would it be there? The speaker must be trying vv hard to sell you either Medini or Puteri Harbor! hehehe

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I will still attend property talk if it is FOC:p or not too expensive - for knowledge and information...

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All property talks or seminars are waste of time.

All it does is to brain wash you and tell you which area the potential or up coming area. And it will coincidentally be available for sale at those events. (duh.......)

You can do research on google earth. Walk around those location. Go and see where the crowd is.

But I will still attend property talk if it is FOC:p or not too expensive - for knowledge and information...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No leh...somewhere between 1st and 2nd link....2nd link is much to the left near tuas there...

According to the speaker, it cost least to build since shortest distance compare to other spots plus that tycoon Peter Lim invest the motor sports hub + other investments near there...so depends on individual believe...

Anyway, I not yet commit any JB property cos I have earlier pick up a 1-bedder SG property...to rent out initially, retire in, or as a legacy to my kids...if I didn't buy this, I will be able to pick up a 1 studio+2 bedder at R&F(my goodness...) Anyway, friends advise me not to overstretched so I need to seriously think about it...I am only a salaried worker and job security is important...

good choice, singapore always a safer bet. better environment too. mind to share which location in sg? and is it under con? what's the psf? i am collecting data . thanks.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
All property talks or seminars are waste of time.

All it does is to brain wash you and tell you which area the potential or up coming area. And it will coincidentally be available for sale at those events. (duh.......)

You can do research on google earth. Walk around those location. Go and see where the crowd is.

Agreed. Speakers are employed by developers to talk good about their location.
Consultants talk only the best reasons to invest. They will tell you what you like to hear.They will never tell you the bad ones.

It is better to read up on published reports from newspapers where it has a unbiased view especially multiple interviews with several people in the industry. Go and feel the place yourself. Never rely on hearsay.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Overstretching is bullshit if you know what you are doing.

Also if you listen to your friends; you must see their wealth status now. A rich and successful person will never have such a word call "overstretching" in their vocab.

If you think of work security; you will observe a lot of aunties and uncles collecting plates at coffeeshop. They are like you in their early year..... they want job security and end up working forever.

We invest so that we do not need to work in the future.

Anyway, friends advise me not to overstretched so I need to seriously think about it...I am only a salaried worker and job security is important...

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's investment properties should serve as a base for investment for overseas properties. IMO, one should not expect properties in Malaysia for high capital gain nor rental income. Investment strategy and exepctations in different countries are different and must be very clear before investing in them.
good choice, singapore always a safer bet. better environment too. mind to share which location in sg? and is it under con? what's the psf? i am collecting data . thanks.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the 'points' you mentioned by the speaker is nonsensical, at best.
Peter Lim is invested west and east, so it is irrelevant.
As for the closest points, I don't think so.

Anyway, do more homework before you commit any further.
Generally, try to avoid condos if you can unless you get a very good unit at a great location at a good price.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everyone should invest in gathering knowledge, network and sharing information... if time and place permits.

At the end, make your own judgement.
Personally, I believe plenty of good choices coming in the next 1-2 years.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think what you did is absolutely right. Hearing expert on property talk is definitely much wiser than listen to many forumers here talking nonsense! Many of them here try and act like a big time investor (worst talk big)....... and sadly most of the time giving very immature and naive statement.

Those FOC talk, in e end, either buy their books or put $ in their investment so call, all got hidden agenda.

But, I just go for kopi n eat karipop, see ppl behavior.:biggrin:

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So your agenda is to meet rich men's wives and rich women?

I keep that in mind.

When those people you want to meet say "hi" I don't even bother. You can keep all if you wanted to.

Hahaha...... Most of the time the karipap and coffee very nice. Normally can able to meet many rich tai tai too ....

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing wrong...... just strange you say you go and meet tai tai.

Successful men do not rely on rich women.

You need to eat at seminars? Really tell me how successful you are.

Not agenda but is kind of networking... and getting to know more people. Anything wrong with that? ....oh of course also for the nice food !

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's investment properties should serve as a base for investment for overseas properties. IMO, one should not expect properties in Malaysia for high capital gain nor rental income. Investment strategy and exepctations in different countries are different and must be very clear before investing in them.

a friend of mine in KL retired already from rental income. it is a portfolio built up over 20 years. so it can be done. time, patience, hard work, lots of time managing the properties, and some luck in timing is required.