• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can see the straits of johor, if that can be considered the sea.
Can see the big pond in avira also.
Sales not fantastic, about 50 percent sold as of 2 weeks ago. Maybe because they have not 'launched' yet. Big units are less popular.

thanks. well at least can see some water.

mostly small units taken first = looks like flippers or rental players. less own stayers.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

Will the non heated pools of GM be a problem compared to the heated pools of Iskandar Residences?

My vested interest in Zone A does not have a heated pool. The pool is located above the carpark, between two towers and the wind blows into the gap between the two towers, making it very cold to swim in the morning and evening, especially when there are strong winds. The winds will suck away the heat from the pools. I have lodged a complaint to their management and now am undecided whether to get GM or Iskandar Resi due to last minute notice that Iskandar Resi brochure stating their pools are heated.

Pls share with me your experiences.

Have you swam in your condo pools? Non heated? Are they cold?

Thanks.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

another thing.

I would like to hear your professional opinion which of the 2 units below would be easier to rent out in terms of location, tenant market, and also assuming minimum just to cover monthly loan + maintenance for 1st 2 years.

1) a Grand Medini unit 517 sq ft (no bedroom) , TOP 2017
2) a Iskandar Residence unit 633 sq ft (1 bedroom), TOP 2018

Thanks.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will be a glut of units up for rent in 2017, no doubt about it. The question is not which of the 2 of your short listed is better, the question should be 'how does my unit compare to the rest of the units in the market in the area?' in terms of location, view, facilities and the breakeven rent psf. If the unit's balcony is facing the opposite block or a main road, I doubt it will be easy to rent out unless you rent it below break even price.
When there is more porridge than the monk, then only the more delectable Bowl of porridge will be selected.

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Shctaw, I notice you bought Pinnacle..may I know what price you bought and how much psf?

I still have the price list somewhere. Should be around 75x if recall correctly. I know which unit he bought, almost became neighbours but in the end didnt buy due to flip flop malaysia policy

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will be a glut of units up for rent in 2017, no doubt about it. The question is not which of the 2 of your short listed is better, the question should be 'how does my unit compare to the rest of the units in the market in the area?' in terms of location, view, facilities and the breakeven rent psf. If the unit's balcony is facing the opposite block or a main road, I doubt it will be easy to rent out unless you rent it below break even price.
When there is more porridge than the monk, then only the more delectable Bowl of porridge will be selected.

I would add that density is also a factor. Some projects are high density and some are not. If you have a lot of units in the project on a small parcel of land, not only do you have more competition in renting out but its also more uncomfortable living there.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
oic, thanks for info... I was told $1.3m for a 3-br but after package/discounts all that, works out about $1m - around $730-$740 psf...you think reasonable?

I still have the price list somewhere. Should be around 75x if recall correctly. I know which unit he bought, almost became neighbours but in the end didnt buy due to flip flop malaysia policy

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I want to spoil the market,

will a asking rental of RM1000 be enough to spoil the market for a 517 sq ft studio?

hehe..lol

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aunty,

u intend for own stay?

Zone A too congested liao due to massive danga bay dumping of units, little market for rental.

Zone B has the least number of units per acre.

oic, thanks for info... I was told $1.3m for a 3-br but after package/discounts all that, works out about $1m - around $730-$740 psf...you think reasonable?

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
For investment la... at a talk, the agent recommend Pinnacle. MB even has someone who will assess and provide you the maximum loan amount you able to get from banks, this is so that we will not get our loans rejected by banks after submitting all our documents... I pass by Raffles City and went to take a look at Tri Tower project. Selling like hots cakes although price above RM$1M... Anyway, don't think I can afford it...
Perhaps I might consider alternative investment like Co-assets or Aquaculture. The company promoting Aqualculture is giving out 6% interest on amount S$2.5k to S$10k/ 8% interest S$12.5k to S$22.5k, etc...all this got risk so also depends on individual risk appetite...
Aunty,

u intend for own stay?

Zone A too congested liao due to massive danga bay dumping of units, little market for rental.

Zone B has the least number of units per acre.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
For investment la... at a talk, the agent recommend Pinnacle. MB even has someone who will assess and provide you the maximum loan amount you able to get from banks, this is so that we will not get our loans rejected by banks after submitting all our documents... I pass by Raffles City and went to take a look at Tri Tower project. Selling like hots cakes although price above RM$1M... Anyway, don't think I can afford it...
Perhaps I might consider alternative investment like Co-assets or Aquaculture. The company promoting Aqualculture is giving out 6% interest on amount S$2.5k to S$10k/ 8% interest S$12.5k to S$22.5k, etc...all this got risk so also depends on individual risk appetite...

Auntie & Freedom2005sg can consider to invest in UK buy-to-let properties lor...... Here are 2 websites to consider & many of your questions can be found in the Q&A:-

http://www.ypc-group.com
http://www.property118.com

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about Melbourne's tallest tower, just launched recently?

Yah I thought it looks pretty ok but not familiar with Melb market..... For the 2 links, some of the UK guys really leverage quite a fair bit. Some of their articles are quite interesting, esp on remortgaging to the max when the chance arrives, and keeping the remortgaged cash in the bank for contingencies or to buy another property.....

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah I thought it looks pretty ok but not familiar with Melb market..... For the 2 links, some of the UK guys really leverage quite a fair bit. Some of their articles are quite interesting, esp on remortgaging to the max when the chance arrives, and keeping the remortgaged cash in the bank for contingencies or to buy another property.....

Anyone here bought into Australian properties?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only problem with Australia property is that foreigner can only buy new development and can only sell to Australians. And Australians will not buy from you unless its really cheap.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone here bought into Australian properties?

a good friend of mine bought into a "picturesque " landed estate in the outskirts of melbourne and is pretty happy with the transparency of the whole process to date. he intends it as a rental property and told me the rental procedure is also well managed and transparent and expects a yield of 5-6%. he said he will be getting a shortlist of prospective tenants and he even gets to choose the tenant with the best profile to rent his new home to.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
a good friend of mine bought into a "picturesque " landed estate in the outskirts of melbourne and is pretty happy with the transparency of the whole process to date. he intends it as a rental property and told me the rental procedure is also well managed and transparent and expects a yield of 5-6%. he said he will be getting a shortlist of prospective tenants and he even gets to choose the tenant with the best profile to rent his new home to.

Personally in Melb, I feel getting an apartment in city or its key suburbs would be safer. Can easily rent out to students/workers, esp Asians.....