• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys. I am selling my 2 bedroom suite at Golden Sands Seaview Residence. Located just next to Thistle hotel. Perfect sea view from all windows....do check out my ad below. Thanks.
y[/URL]

are the photos of the actual unit and view of the straits and thistle hotel / clocktower taken from your actual unit?

just to confirm location: is it on jln mahmoodiah. ie from thistle hotel drive under the flyover and turn right onto jln mahmoodiah and this condo is the 2nd building on the left?

Last edited:

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
check the forum for similar property sales. They should had mention what was the offer then, prob last year was the last post in this.
make sure ur not taken for a ride by this agent

anyway i looked at the AD. looks like a legit deal. Price looks digestible.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Aunty,

wow RM4000?? That's GOOD money!!

What is the sq ft of his unit?

Pls check for me, can?

PS You just gave me an injection of confidence in my KSL property at KSL city!!!

Be careful of J.B. agents:---- i lost count the number of times J.B. agents throw out figures at me that make K.L. rentals seem really low and Depressionary. They can so easily make claims of RM 5,000 per month for God-Forsaken properties that are surrounded by Illegal Immigrant Indonesian Worker squatter settlements, that have no decent road leading in; just a Dirt Track only.

K.L. agents are much more Professional. The will say, about RM 3,000; RM 3,500. I can try for you. Not like J.B. agent: "RM 5,000 sure get. Pau Chiak!!!!" I am like, yeah, right, the only one who keen Chiak and cheated is the poor dumb Singaporean who believe you!!!!!

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
This agent is a local SLP agent who is marketing Pinnacle Tower, he said he bought KSL Residence.... since JB agents ruan ruan han, maybe discount 30% off what they quote so as not to disappoint...
Be careful of J.B. agents:---- i lost count the number of times J.B. agents throw out figures at me that make K.L. rentals seem really low and Depressionary. They can so easily make claims of RM 5,000 per month for God-Forsaken properties that are surrounded by Illegal Immigrant Indonesian Worker squatter settlements, that have no decent road leading in; just a Dirt Track only.

K.L. agents are much more Professional. The will say, about RM 3,000; RM 3,500. I can try for you. Not like J.B. agent: "RM 5,000 sure get. Pau Chiak!!!!" I am like, yeah, right, the only one who keen Chiak and cheated is the poor dumb Singaporean who believe you!!!!!

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the encouragement - I like 'Just Do It' Nike slogan too...you are a genius can read an aunty's mind.... I did procrastinate a lot when come to JB property...SLP agent ask me if I want to go in JB with him this Saturday to view Pinnacle project, I told him not sure, will let him know....cannot make up my mind yet..

I remember I read a Sept post by you and you said 'I am not buying or focusing in Malaysia anymore. If God give me US$100m overnight, I will not buy 1 condo in Malaysia'...but earlier you said in your post in 2020, you will move to Medini...can to share why change of mind? I just want to understand a property guru mind:biggrin:
I have been reading thru your posts. You seems to keep giving a reason not to buy; hence I doubt you will ever own a property in JB. In years to come; you will look back to 2013-2014 and wonder how you can miss the boat while you are few step away from it.

Investment is a "do it" thingy as by just thinking without acting is like visualising wealthy while missing the "real wealth".

Back in 2005-2006 I meet similar folk like you. I was visiting The Sail @ Marina Bay show flat to buy 4 studios. A lady beside me keep asking me why I buy; 99 LH ok or not? rental return how much...?etc..... And later I saw her walk away after pondering for a few hours.

We are talking about The Sail at S$900 psf back in 2005....... imagine her kicking herself as current level already reach $2300 psf.

That is why I love Nike slogan...... "Just Do It".

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I did not buy Pinnacle this month....(you can check the first person whom signed S&P on 2 units in Pinnacle; and that will be me.)

I bought it last year....... and after that I say that statement..I now longer looking in Iskandar. But 2020 I will take another look in Medini.

I am now focusing in Vietnam.

Thanks for the encouragement - I like 'Just Do It' Nike slogan too...you are a genius can read an aunty's mind.... I did procrastinate a lot when come to JB property...SLP agent ask me if I want to go in JB with him this Saturday to view Pinnacle project, I told him not sure, will let him know....cannot make up my mind yet..

I remember I read a Sept post by you and you said 'I am not buying or focusing in Malaysia anymore. If God give me US$100m overnight, I will not buy 1 condo in Malaysia'...but earlier you said in your post in 2020, you will move to Medini...can to share why change of mind? I just want to understand a property guru mind:biggrin:

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

Markets are now moving so fast. Hesitate for a moment, and you are toast already. Do not think too much. If you think too much, you are sure to find some reason NOT to buy. Then, 4 years later, when all the prices are Double, you wring your hands, hang your head, and sigh: "why didn't I just BUY? when the price was really CHEAP?"

I am not making fun of you. It is just that, every day, I am surrounded by office colleagues, friends, relatives, who cry and complain that Property is expensive. But why did they not buy 5 years ago when Property was cheap?

Most people will not do the right thing at the right time for themselves. But when the World pass them by, they blame everybody but themselves. The best you can do for yourself is: not to be like them.

Highflyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been reading thru your posts. You seems to keep giving a reason not to buy; hence I doubt you will ever own a property in JB. In years to come; you will look back to 2013-2014 and wonder how you can miss the boat while you are few step away from it.

Investment is a "do it" thingy as by just thinking without acting is like visualising wealthy while missing the "real wealth".

Back in 2005-2006 I meet similar folk like you. I was visiting The Sail @ Marina Bay show flat to buy 4 studios. A lady beside me keep asking me why I buy; 99 LH ok or not? rental return how much...?etc..... And later I saw her walk away after pondering for a few hours.

We are talking about The Sail at S$900 psf back in 2005....... imagine her kicking herself as current level already reach $2300 psf.

That is why I love Nike slogan...... "Just Do It".

Good advise.."Just Do It"! Many people now believe property price will drop but to me is a naive thinking.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Markets are now moving so fast. Hesitate for a moment, and you are toast already. Do not think too much. If you think too much, you are sure to find some reason NOT to buy. Then, 4 years later, when all the prices are Double, you wring your hands, hang your head, and sigh: "why didn't I just BUY? when the price was really CHEAP?" .

Market now is in consolidation mode. In fact, it is very slow. Only the developers and agents are trying desperately to drum up the market.
Rakyat making a lot of noises re: affordable housing. Govt stepping in with cooling measure. Greedy china developers building too many units too soon. Not enough population in JB. And aren't investors just a little bit pissed off with the johor state for their recent policies? (I am!)

Property will not keep going up like the past 4-5 years in Malaysia. In a way, the past 4-5 years is an aberration in Malaysian market, I've never seen prices double like that within such a short time. Logic dictates that tt will not keep going up like that forever as affordability issues bite and rental yields get compressed.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not buy Pinnacle this month....(you can check the first person whom signed S&P on 2 units in Pinnacle; and that will be me.)

I bought it last year....... and after that I say that statement..I now longer looking in Iskandar. But 2020 I will take another look in Medini.

I am now focusing in Vietnam.

Vietnam has undergone consolidation due to over lending and somewhat the prices had depressed especially those industrial estates up north in Hanoi area. Canon, Mazda, Toyota all have their factories there. In fact, Samsung is going to put in a huge plant there as well.
I was also in Ho Chi Min couple of months back and things are still not that rosy.

Mind sharing which sector are you looking at?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Market now is in consolidation mode. In fact, it is very slow. Only the developers and agents are trying desperately to drum up the market.
Rakyat making a lot of noises re: affordable housing. Govt stepping in with cooling measure. Greedy china developers building too many units too soon. Not enough population in JB. And aren't investors just a little bit pissed off with the johor state for their recent policies? (I am!)

Property will not keep going up like the past 4-5 years in Malaysia. In a way, the past 4-5 years is an aberration in Malaysian market, I've never seen prices double like that within such a short time. Logic dictates that tt will not keep going up like that forever as affordability issues bite and rental yields get compressed.

A little bird told me many months ago JB is going to experience a sharp inverted V drop.
My gut feel is stay away from Zone A unless it is for own stay. As for Zone B, if you want to invest, buy it for its value over time and not for its monetary gain over the next 4 years.

I am biased but for me, property investment is on hold for now in Malaysia especially in Johor.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not buying yet.... if I did not time wrongly I will buy a Penthouse between 2016-2018.
If chance upon; may consider investing in a small hotel or a small business.

Meanwhile just doing some travelling and understand their culture.

Vietnam has undergone consolidation due to over lending and somewhat the prices had depressed especially those industrial estates up north in Hanoi area. Canon, Mazda, Toyota all have their factories there. In fact, Samsung is going to put in a huge plant there as well.
I was also in Ho Chi Min couple of months back and things are still not that rosy.

Mind sharing which sector are you looking at?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
A little bird told me many months ago JB is going to experience a sharp inverted V drop.
My gut feel is stay away from Zone A unless it is for own stay. As for Zone B, if you want to invest, buy it for its value over time and not for its monetary gain over the next 4 years.

I am biased but for me, property investment is on hold for now in Malaysia especially in Johor.

Yes,logic will tell that the humongous units coming up at zone A will depress the prices. Tread with care .

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

For me, I feel that JB is only so small; hence Zone A and B prices are somewhat inter-linked. Units which are likely to be in trouble are those bought at a high price for investment purpose only. Hence, there may be some fire-sales when the investors cant afford the monthly loan instalments of these pricey units.

For investment purpose, unless one is buying purely in cash (which is not an efficient use of money btw), consistent rentability of the unit is a major consideration. Otherwise one may find that all the so-called capital gains are eroded by the 4.5% interest cost (without rental to offset the int exp).

Hence, my suggestion is to buy in areas with gd population & jobs growth, or if not, in the adjoining areas, for investment purpose. My suggestion is also consistent with what experts across different countries have constantly advocated. As to where these areas are, I would leave it to individuals to decipher as 'everyone thinks that he has the prettiest wife.' Haha....

Lastly, just a note that when I was looking to buy a SG condo in the North & North East for investment purpose, property agents from Yishun all the way to Sengkang were telling me abt renting out to future Rolls Royce expats. But are there so many Rolls Royce expats in the first place, or is 'Rolls Royce' just a name to attract investors?

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not buying yet.... if I did not time wrongly I will buy a Penthouse between 2016-2018.
If chance upon; may consider investing in a small hotel or a small business.

Meanwhile just doing some travelling and understand their culture.

At one time I was interested to set up in Thang Long Industrial Park but in 2012, the real estate went into a tail spin.
Not an easy country exactly to invest in. Vietnam people are very deep intellectually. Very difficult to understand them.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Price cheong dun need any reason. Wait for the 2nd wave once consolidation is done. Oops..:p

Last edited:

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over the long term, property prices will still rise though.

According to Australia's 200 historical property record, prices have been doubling at an average of every 7-10 years.

Iskandar's doubling every 4-5 years is too fast and not sustainable, but if you can hold for 7-10 years, it will still double.

My point is the more a person hesitate, the more a person gonna miss the boat.

A HDB 3 room flat cost ONLY S$11,000 in the 1970s.

What is its cost now? A 30x increase.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
shctaw,

your tactics on Edgewater is similar to mine.

I just booked Grand Medini at RM800++ psf coz I know Medini Lakeside gonna launch at RM1100-RM1300.

And the reason why I choose Grand Medini over others is its 129 years leasehold compared to 99 years LH. And it is 1 min away from Gleneagles Hospital and not subjected to RM1mil restriction and RPGT.

And Grand Medini Tower C, when launched will be priced higher than Tower A and Tower B.

There are some who kao peh kao bu say Medini prices are too high at RM800-RM900+ psf and only 129 years leasehold.

But when they look back 10 years down the road and prices hit RM1500 psf, they would have beat their chest and say "Why are prices so dam high now?"

Now I'm vested in Zone A and Zone B.

Not guru. Just love to hold assets rather than cash.

It will take JBCC 5 years-8 years to mature and be accepted by foreigners.

Medini may take 2 times longer. But Medini will be prettier as all properties are build and plan as a whole.

My strategy is to invest in JBCC first and shift my focus in Medini probably in 2020.

I choose Pinnacle because it is selling at RM700 while a few steps away SKY88 is at RM1450. Although many will say I am not comparing apple to apple; but the chance of Pinnacle going up to close the price gap is bigger than SKY88 coming down.

I remember buying a condo in Pasir Ris call Edgewater. I notice a new project nearby coming soon and going to be price at $750; yet Edgewater was selling at 50% of the new project launch price. (I am comparing Penthouse price of Edgewater to lowest floor price of the new launch)
I bought a Edgewater Penthouse at $7xxk and 3 months later sold it at $1.18m. (cannot remember the price; but you can call your Singapore agent to print out the transaction of Edgewater and you see the deal done.)

I know a lot of people like new projects; you may consider older project call Aloha Tower. (below RM400 psf)

PS: I was been accuse as housing agent before. I am not a agent. If I am agent I would not disable my Private Message.

You are a real guru.....