• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bought my current place during SARS. And Aloha Loyang was use to quarantine SARS patient.

I paid $370 psf in 2003. That was the low.
Same period Ris Grandeur penthouse was selling $1.1-$1.2m ($330 psf)

And I will avoid buying Pasir Ris after Jurong sold for $1450 psf. This will surely the peak for next few years.

But don't worry; everytime the property trend will exceed the current high. Just that you may not be comfortable with your paper lost.

- All along I like Pasir Ris.

Last edited:

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just guessing that Cambodia do that to protect their land and make sure it belong to the people. So those who buy will have to either wait long long or depends on foreigners.

You can only own properties above ground floor i.e. no land or landed properties in Cambodia. Most locals were quite poor and infrastructure was quite bad when I was there 3-4 years ago. Not sure if they can really afford the new properties.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, am happy for you, have great foresight and filthy rich now...
I bought my current place during SARS. And Aloha Loyang was use to quarantine SARS patient.

I paid $370 psf in 2003. That was the low.
Same period Ris Grandeur penthouse was selling $1.1-$1.2m ($330 psf)

And I will avoid buying Pasir Ris after Jurong sold for $1450 psf. This will surely the peak for next few years.

But don't worry; everytime the property trend will exceed the current high. Just that you may not be comfortable with your paper lost.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be spoilt for choice.
Expect at least another 12,000 to 15,000 units of condos, combined with mixed developments of hotels and shopping centres, coming into the market soon, most likely before the year ends.
And again, they are all mega projects by Chinese developers -
Greenland Group
China Vanke
Hao Yuen Investment.

They are all within the Danga Bay area.
Greenland Group had already put up the boarding and is just beside the Country Garden site.
Just wondering why is Greenland still taking its own sweet time to launch its project.
Country Garden and R&F had already started selling, shouldn't they be quick to launch to catch the favourable tailwind ?

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe Greenland wants to see what sales tactics the rest have before deciding on theirs

Just wondering why is Greenland still taking its own sweet time to launch its project.
Country Garden and R&F had already started selling, shouldn't they be quick to launch to catch the favourable tailwind ?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Positive or not; I am not buying or focusing in Malaysia anymore. Let me put it in another way; if god give me US$100m overnight; I will not buy 1 condo in Malaysia.

My entry point is much lower; hence I am not in a correct position to say whether current level is good or bad.

However the over-supply is obvious to even the most foolish of fools. However there are always a greater fool to come along to scoop up from early fool.

If you treat property investment like a game; it suddenly become easy to understand. It is just a game of musical chairs.... remember to find yourself a seat when whole thing come collapsing down.

You are really positive on malaysia property.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not about just entry price but whether one have a chance to exit in property investment. It is good to invest in a few countries but not too many given the political stability, exchange rate, economic situation, etc.
Positive or not; I am not buying or focusing in Malaysia anymore. Let me put it in another way; if god give me US$100m overnight; I will not buy 1 condo in Malaysia.

My entry point is much lower; hence I am not in a correct position to say whether current level is good or bad.

However the over-supply is obvious to even the most foolish of fools. However there are always a greater fool to come along to scoop up from early fool.

If you treat property investment like a game; it suddenly become easy to understand. It is just a game of musical chairs.... remember to find yourself a seat when whole thing come collapsing down.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not about just entry price but whether one have a chance to exit in property investment. It is good to invest in a few countries but not too many given the political stability, exchange rate, economic situation, etc.

I remembered some guru said to me. You won't go wrong in the few top notch cities eg New York, London, Sydney or Singapore. You may lose little but you won't lose it all. If you still do not know where to buy, then go buy where AirAsia flies. Imagine hundreds of tourists coming in every day.

In Australia, there is lousy exit point due to their FIC rules.
In Spore, there is bad entry point due to Additional Stamp duty.
In JB, there is no point due to over supply.
But if you are into economics and marketing, you will find the niche within your means.

It is Friday...and I am going to the high seas over the next few days. No phones, no internet, no newspapers...:biggrin:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enjoy yourself. Looking forward to have my own yacht when PH is ready.
I remembered some guru said to me. You won't go wrong in the few top notch cities eg New York, London, Sydney or Singapore. You may lose little but you won't lose it all. If you still do not know where to buy, then go buy where AirAsia flies. Imagine hundreds of tourists coming in every day.

But if you are into economics and marketing, you will find the niche within your means.

It is Friday...and I am going to the high seas over the next few days. No phones, no internet, no newspapers...:biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, I avoid Danga Bay/ Duty Free Zone like a plague even before Country Garden, Vantage Bay, R&F, Greenland comes with their oversupply. Its now becoming a FREE-4-ALL but these buyers should just check out the neighbourhood @ 3am in the morning before buying

Be spoilt for choice.
Expect at least another 12,000 to 15,000 units of condos, combined with mixed developments of hotels and shopping centres, coming into the market soon, most likely before the year ends.
And again, they are all mega projects by Chinese developers -
Greenland Group
China Vanke
Hao Yuen Investment.

They are all within the Danga Bay area.
Greenland Group had already put up the boarding and is just beside the Country Garden site.

okkidoggi

Alfrescian
Loyal

wise man.

when pasar malam aunties are buying condos in JB, you know it's time to quit.

looking forward to rent a seaview condo when PH is ready at about RM1000. And I ll sure enjoy the starry night with my mistress in a yacht (rents at rm50 per ride) :biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Melaka sea view condo is already rented out @ RM 2500. For RM 1000 I can rent you my balcony at Puteri Harbour though

wise man.

looking forward to rent a seaview condo when PH is ready at about RM1000. And I ll sure enjoy the starry night with my mistress in a yacht (rents at rm50 per ride) :biggrin:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
wise man.

Omg....u still can get $50 per ride these days? :biggrin: :biggrin: