• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
GRR is a marketing gimmick, according to a sales person for M Condo of MB Land.

GRR is already priced into the condo when they market it.

An example would be KSL D Esplanade Residences above KSL City.

Without GRR, it is a whopping RM700 psf in 2012. KSL probably sets the tone for the high psf and the rest followed. Eg. KSL units sold out quickly. Developers say, hey wtf, RM700 psf for a condo in 2012 can sell so quickly? Let's do it man.

After GRR, the price per square feet is a more 'reasonable' RM 570 psf, but still considered ex in 2012.

Brios Residences project by CWT Holdings - partially furnished...and no GRR...Brios 2-bedder is huge and price not with my reach...

Do you all know whether in terms of quality, CWT Holdings or IOI better?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
GRR is a marketing gimmick, according to a sales person for M Condo of MB Land.

GRR is already priced into the condo when they market it.

An example would be KSL D Esplanade Residences above KSL City.

Without GRR, it is a whopping RM700 psf in 2012. KSL probably sets the tone for the high psf and the rest followed. Eg. KSL units sold out quickly. Developers say, hey wtf, RM700 psf for a condo in 2012 can sell so quickly? Let's do it man.

After GRR, the price per square feet is a more 'reasonable' RM 570 psf, but still considered ex in 2012.

Yes, it is a gimmick.
If the project is really good, do you need any guaranteed returns from the developer? They are basically taking extra money from you, invest it and then give you part of the profits. Actually it is your own money you paid out earlier.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it is a gimmick.
If the project is really good, do you need any guaranteed returns from the developer? They are basically taking extra money from you, invest it and then give you part of the profits. Actually it is your own money you paid out earlier.

But without this gimmick means must cough out 20% in cash, right?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many believed lehman brothers, packaged e products even bankers have doubt of e returns. But yet many ppl buy..

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I didn't ask..but don't think it is GnG... should be a property on its own cos she said sometimes the boss went back to the house found his gate stolen, and end up having to replace the gate..

Did you ask your friend his landed is it GnG?

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not GnG too dangerous liao

Now newer GnGs even have panic buttons...

No I didn't ask..but don't think it is GnG... should be a property on its own cos she said sometimes the boss went back to the house found his gate stolen, and end up having to replace the gate..

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

property without GnG now is at least 100K cheaper now in JB.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap, a agent from another agency did drew a picture to say that - imagine if you buy D Inspire studio now at RM970psf - and one day you talk to your neighbor and you found that he bought it at RM485 psf, you will be very bang... I heard Johoreans don't like KSL cos they like to sell their units at high price to foreigners....

The studio is only 464 sq ft. It comes out to be a whopping RM970 psf after doing the calculation. And its not even near CIQ or waterfront project.

Those who buy it are screwed up big time.

Maybe when you buy D Inspire in 2012 at RM485 psf, that is a good buy. I didn't buy in 2012 coz I'm already vested in KSL's D Esplanade Residence above KSL RM5 billion project MegaMall City. Biggest project at that time.

They send 3 agents trying to psycho me to buy. lol

I look at location and psf primarily as I want to rent out.

Anything above RM550 psf raises an alarm.

But if you are going to stay at D Inspire, then RM970 psf should not concern you.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have limited $$, I did think of gold/silver but I am not sure how to go about doing it.. my queries:-
1) You buy the physical gold/silver or you just open a silver trading a/c?
2) Where did you buy them from - gold shop,bank, pawn shop...?
3) Since you buy physical pieces of silver, you need a vault right ? :smile:
4) Is it you must buy the silver from bank, then you can sell back to the bank?

Why not buy into gold and silver, where you own the real physical assets? Instead of putting money into the bank, where it cant even beat inflation?

I'm stashing up on silver coins like the American silver eagle, Canadian Maple Leaf and Swiss PAMP gold bars. Once the price goes up again in a few years time, I'm going to sell back to UOB and laugh all the way to the bank, without all the risks.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
just read the headlines of today Chinese news paper - HEI BANG DUI SHOU LUI DAN - in KL and one Singaporean dead...think he suay happen to be there...does this happen often in M'sia?

property without GnG now is at least 100K cheaper now in JB.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many believed lehman brothers, packaged e products even bankers have doubt of e returns. But yet many ppl buy..
Today, there are still plenty of toxic product floating around. When the holder found out, they will naturally keep quiet till it is matured, redeemed or sold to the next fool.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today, there are still plenty of toxic product floating around. When the holder found out, they will naturally keep quiet till it is matured, redeemed or sold to the next fool.

If so ho tan, do they need u..:p

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun know y they called panic button.
How to press e button when u r in panic mode..:rolleyes:

Yup, I find it redundant and it gives a false sense of security. Install your own grill and alarm system, and having watchful security guards and neighbours are the best.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, I find it redundant and it gives a false sense of security. Install your own grill and alarm system, and having watchful security guards and neighbours are the best.

I think panic button useless, but an intercom + fingerprint scanning for visitors will be v useful indeed.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there a central body in iskandar that publishes the actual sold unit and price of all the developments like our URA? Otherwise it's up to the developer to say.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal

All houses got alarms by default right? The newer ones got an extra panic button when you panic, u rush there n push lor..then the mata will arrive in 3 mins...lol

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
just read the headlines of today Chinese news paper - HEI BANG DUI SHOU LUI DAN - in KL and one Singaporean dead...think he suay happen to be there...does this happen often in M'sia?

Quite rare lar for grenades...Malaysian troops should move in with tanks and helicopters to secure KL now...lol

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha yalor..

buying an inland condo at RM900+ psf...can get bora residences at danga bay at RM800++..

Rip off from KSL

Yap, a agent from another agency did drew a picture to say that - imagine if you buy D Inspire studio now at RM970psf - and one day you talk to your neighbor and you found that he bought it at RM485 psf, you will be very bang... I heard Johoreans don't like KSL cos they like to sell their units at high price to foreigners....