• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of main reasons of my hesitation is crime rate there as I heard stories about robberies etc...someone told me a few years ago, her boss bought a landed property in JB. While playing majong with his friends, a group of robberies carrying parangs and went in to rob him + majong kakies...not sure how the security now though...
And just to add, sometimes her boss go over to JB (cos his branch factory is there), his entrance gate is missing etc....

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are referring to my signature...... it is precisely telling you....

You cannot buy the ability to see the future.
有钱难买早知道。
Best experience money cannot buy is growing up poor.
千金难买少年穷。
10,000 generation of good karma to be rich.
万世修得千金富。
All wealth you gather will not last 3 generation.
万贯不过三代福。

Remember the first 2 sentences. It is true to anyone's life.......

If everyone can see the price of JB properties 10 years later; JB properties will be sold out in a flash. But it can be easily projected when you project it with inflation; rise in GST; and also comparing JB properties with Penang and KL.

Ultimately the best reason to buy JB is because of it's rich neighbour call Singapore.

Oh, I see, such meaningfull signature you have... Malaysians also agreed, the only reason is near Singapore...

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not worry about R&F or Danga Bay development not giving investors a paper profit after a few year.
In fact; China developers are best in marketing and jacking up price. With them around; property prices will not stay low for long.

I am just worry people whom are buying for own stay; end up staying in a ghost city.

So for those whom buy for own stay; may want to consider a smaller size projects of around 300-500 units.
Sounds like you have vast knowledge in investing properties...care to share which properties have you bought so far? Can give opinion about Botanika? This coming Saturday morning I am meeting an agent for Botanika to hear more about the project...

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can be confident to buy 10 units in a project; you can go ahead and buy one.

If you buy one also worry; you are looking at a wrong project or wrong location.

Bayu Marina Resort is near the location you wish to buy; why not go there stay a night.....

If you decide to buy Botanika; choose those unit with waterfront view that can see both the waterway and Golf club opposite the waterway.

DSC09792.JPG

bayu-marina-resort-1.jpg

[video=youtube;AQzD3DpLRTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzD3DpLRTI[/video]

Sounds like you have vast knowledge in investing properties...care to share which properties have you bought so far? Can give opinion about Botanika? This coming Saturday morning I am meeting an agent for Botanika to hear more about the project...

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not worry about R&F or Danga Bay development not giving investors a paper profit after a few year.
In fact; China developers are best in marketing and jacking up price. With them around; property prices will not stay low for long.

I am just worry people whom are buying for own stay; end up staying in a ghost city.

So for those whom buy for own stay; may want to consider a smaller size projects of around 300-500 units.

Very contradicting leh. If JB become ghost city why would anyone buy into "developer jacked up price" units???

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landed, if in desirable area, still can and landed seldom depreciate too much unless of cos you buy at its peak.
Mid range condo, just be very careful because of the massive volume now in the market.
Shops and offices, especially in the suburb, is a total glut, need to study the location and its neighboring built-up extremely carefully.
Had anyone really look into the rental market as who are these would be tenants?
I was told that a large portion of tenants are actually Malaysians from other states working in JB or SG and are not big spenders on rental.
As for expatriates market, are there many in JB??

Expatriate market in JB is quite limited. There is a cluster in East Ledang and they intro their friends over. I got both my tenants without advertisement. I hear that there is a cluster in Leisure Farm too. Possibly there is a cluster in Horizon Hills as well but HH is a very big place. I believe there is also a cluster of expat at Molek area working at Pasir Gudang. These are primarily expats working in JB. A handful who do not mind travelling to Singapore stays in JB as well... but as you would expat the traffic and toll charges will ultimately determine if they will stay.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I never say "no one buy".

Ghost city can be sold out; yet not one come and stay.

Hence I repeat myself again and again.....

Ghost city have a occupancy rate lesser than 40%. (meant 10,000 units only 4,000 or lesser got occupants)
Ghost city can have a high bought rate of 80% or even more.

I am telling people whom buy and stay..... avoid potential ghost city....

Very contradicting leh. If JB become ghost city why would anyone buy into "developer jacked up price" units???

Last edited:

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any project that requires foreigner purchasing RM$1m above is out of question for me...only consider those below that...

I bought a unit at R&F for investment and future exit strategy from Singapore..
I am also fearful of the oversupply situation..
Excessive no. of units in this project..
But 1 thing is certain..

This is one of the few condos within walking distance from CIQ...
Location is SUPERB for me..

Hence, I bought a unit..

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard from agent that got expats esp Japanese stays at Molek Regency there...a Japanese even buy a few units there at 1 go without even viewing it...
Expatriate market in JB is quite limited. There is a cluster in East Ledang and they intro their friends over. I got both my tenants without advertisement. I hear that there is a cluster in Leisure Farm too. Possibly there is a cluster in Horizon Hills as well but HH is a very big place. I believe there is also a cluster of expat at Molek area working at Pasir Gudang. These are primarily expats working in JB. A handful who do not mind travelling to Singapore stays in JB as well... but as you would expat the traffic and toll charges will ultimately determine if they will stay.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for pictures/video...nice of you...

The agent that recommends this project bought a unit at Bayu Marina Resort..he early entry must have got it cheap cheap... I like the sceneries he send...Phase 1 all sold out within 2 weeks - bought mostly by Malaysians, Phase 2 launching on 13 Sept....only that this project need S$36K for downpayment+levy...waterfront/golf view would be nice but cost more of cost....might also consider D Secret as it requires low cash outlay...

If you can be confident to buy 10 units in a project; you can go ahead and buy one.

If you buy one also worry; you are looking at a wrong project or wrong location.

Bayu Marina Resort is near the location you wish to buy; why not go there stay a night.....

If you decide to buy Botanika; choose those unit with waterfront view that can see both the waterway and Golf club opposite the waterway.

View attachment 16634

View attachment 16635

[video=youtube;AQzD3DpLRTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzD3DpLRTI[/video]

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you enlighten me this 'rotten old condo' - give examples so aunty like me aware?

Most of the condos built before the present booms are quite old and run down. Sorry no time to post pictures for you nor recall the names. I did see penthouse in Tampoi before... the top floors are full of crows living there.

The rule of law is not as strong in Malaysia and it is quite common for people defaulting on maintenance charges. When your maintenance charge and sinking fund suffers, your condo will rot.

My advice is buy into landed at good locations. You will be more insulated when the condo pricing comes crashing down. The market is quite soft presently hence there are plenty of good buys.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never say "no one buy".

Ghost city can be sold out; yet not one come and stay.
Hence I repeat myself again and again.....

Ghost city have a occupancy rate lesser than 40%. (meant 10,000 units only 4,000 or lesser got occupants)
Ghost city can have a high bought rate of 80% or even more.

I am telling people whom buy and stay..... avoid potential ghost city....

In a ghost city, if you want to sell your property, you have to lelong. Whether you buy for own stay or investment it makes no difference.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
No problem, thanks a lot... I can imagine already .....

Most of the condos built before the present booms are quite old and run down. Sorry no time to post pictures for you nor recall the names. I did see penthouse in Tampoi before... the top floors are full of crows living there.

The rule of law is not as strong in Malaysia and it is quite common for people defaulting on maintenance charges. When your maintenance charge and sinking fund suffers, your condo will rot.

My advice is buy into landed at good locations. You will be more insulated when the condo pricing comes crashing down. The market is quite soft presently hence there are plenty of good buys.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
R&F Guangzhou analyst rating

https://www.moodys.com/research/Moo...t-leverage-weakens-rating-headroom--PR_295483

"However, downward rating pressure could emerge if: (1) the company significantly falls short of its property sales target; (2) it materially accelerates development, and/or executes an aggressive land acquisition plan, such that its liquidity weakens with cash falling substantially below the level of its short-term debt; or (3) debt increases substantially such that adjusted debt/capitalization fails to trend down to 60%, revenue/gross debt fails to trend up to 70%-80% in the next 6-12 months, or EBITDA/interest drops below 3x-3.5x."

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
U shd c e eco botanic ballot last year.

Look at pic no 4! that's the sales chart!? looks like a NYSE trading board. That's the no of units on offer. All at once. That's why I dislike these two china company. screwing up a fragile market.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about Eco Botanic...... is one of the worst project for Eco World. Many got balloted later pui cao nua bcos realise the floor plan design flaw for Davenham Type model. Now still many complain and they hope Eco World can change the design layout. I heard some also give up this lot even after paying the deposit.

I don't recall reading many rejected units. The ground floor toilet location is not a major flaw if there is a fan extractor.

http://www.ecoworld.my/ecobotanic/downloads/Davenham_Leaflet.pdf