• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
One agent say if there is no Addiitonal Stamp Duty, then Developer will increase their price..

I remembered some guru said to me. You won't go wrong in the few top notch cities eg New York, London, Sydney or Singapore. You may lose little but you won't lose it all. If you still do not know where to buy, then go buy where AirAsia flies. Imagine hundreds of tourists coming in every day.

In Australia, there is lousy exit point due to their FIC rules.
In Spore, there is bad entry point due to Additional Stamp duty.
In JB, there is no point due to over supply.
But if you are into economics and marketing, you will find the niche within your means.

It is Friday...and I am going to the high seas over the next few days. No phones, no internet, no newspapers...:biggrin:

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why 3am in the morning?

Seriously, I avoid Danga Bay/ Duty Free Zone like a plague even before Country Garden, Vantage Bay, R&F, Greenland comes with their oversupply. Its now becoming a FREE-4-ALL but these buyers should just check out the neighbourhood @ 3am in the morning before buying

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha...ha..thanks for the answer...

Just to share with everyone I came across a roadshow,promoting hotel development in Thailand, using a famous hotel brand. Investors don't buy the property but buy the leases. The plot of land is at Bangtao in Phuket, where Banyang Resorts are. Minimum amount is S$35k for 10 leases. For next 6 years, they pay you a guaranteed return of 5%, which is $1,750/-. If you choose variable return package, then return varies. On signing Agreement, say in Sept, you get your 1st cheque for 5%. return. In 2020, they appoint CBRE to market their development - sell everything land, biz, etc., then you get back your capital and return.

A friend of mine recently join this type of scheme but theirs is they are developing a bare Indonesian Island into a resort kind. That one only need S$5k to invest, but yearly return is 20%.

Buyers of this type of scheme like a biz partner. Buyers don't tie ourselves down with a property + it is not that long term. According to them, the boss have been interviewed by Channelnewasia. She also quote a local celebraty who now became an ambassador for this development cos this celebraty like the brand. But S$35k is quite a big sum for ordinary people so must do more research before decide.

It's for us to know and you to find out...

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Indeed. Ur last sentence is the essence of your paragraph. Think carefully before you decide to take the plunge.
Just my personnel 2 cents worth. Any deals that seems too good to be true, i will skip. That's just me.
Invest only what u can afford to lose especially on non brick & mortar kind of investments.

Good day

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got to be careful. Recently, there is similar kind of investment with 20% p.a. return in private-public housing development in Brazil that the embassy of Brazil does not know about. A lot of Singaporean got caught. Make sure you go in with reputable organization. Make sure there are no earthquakes, tsunami, etc.

Just to share with everyone I came across a roadshow,promoting hotel development in Thailand, using a famous hotel brand. Investors don't buy the property but buy the leases. The plot of land is at Bangtao in Phuket, where Banyang Resorts are. Minimum amount is S$35k for 10 leases. For next 6 years, they pay you a guaranteed return of 5%, which is $1,750/-. If you choose variable return package, then return varies. On signing Agreement, say in Sept, you get your 1st cheque for 5%. return. In 2020, they appoint CBRE to market their development - sell everything land, biz, etc., then you get back your capital and return.

A friend of mine recently join this type of scheme but theirs is they are developing a bare Indonesian Island into a resort kind. That one only need S$5k to invest, but yearly return is 20%.

Buyers of this type of scheme like a biz partner. Buyers don't tie ourselves down with a property + it is not that long term. According to them, the boss have been interviewed by Channelnewasia. She also quote a local celebraty who now became an ambassador for this development cos this celebraty like the brand. But S$35k is quite a big sum for ordinary people so must do more research before decide.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

blah blah blah marketing talk. sounds dodgy to me.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

The fact that the boss was interviewed by CNA, or that they have a celebrity ambassador are just marketing hype and totally irrelevant to whether the investment is sound.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Indeed. Ur last sentence is the essence of your paragraph. Think carefully before you decide to take the plunge.
Just my personnel 2 cents worth. Any deals that seems too good to be true, i will skip. That's just me.
Invest only what u can afford to lose especially on non brick & mortar kind of investments.

Good day

As long as there are greedy and gullible people around, once in a while there will always be products tailor-made for them.
Remember the recent Sunshine Empire episode?
So many were conned and lost tens of thousands dollars and so easily too.
"A fool and his money are soon parted"

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess safer to leave it in bank or FD...

My son say even if got money, also not to buy overseas properties cos he say ma fan..many aspects to look into...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Vegas, potential investors were all given huge discounts of show tickets but have to go for a "hard sell" session of so called MGM linked real estate development. It is a cross between time sharing and profit sharing basis. You be so tempted and the sales personnel very slick. Not that they are con men but it is just you ended up investing basing on impulse.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

A former classmate who is an indon and now a businessman, have a similar developmen t somewhere in Java. He did not elaborated on the details but he did mentioned the projected yield in the range of 9% after being sold. It was a housing project.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as there are greedy and gullible people around, once in a while there will always be products tailor-made for them.
Remember the recent Sunshine Empire episode?
So many were conned and lost tens of thousands dollars and so easily too.
"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Ya, I know someone who lose some money on the Sunny Empire invest.

Her excuse cos a professor lecturer bought in and she think follow the brain should be right.

Does' nt realise that greed is the main reason that she went for this kind of too-good-to-be- true deals.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Vegas, potential investors were all given huge discounts of show tickets but have to go for a "hard sell" session of so called MGM linked real estate development. It is a cross between time sharing and profit sharing basis. You be so tempted and the sales personnel very slick. Not that they are con men but it is just you ended up investing basing on impulse.

I attended one of these, too. Many years ago, in Las Vegas. Free show tickets given if you agree to go and listen to their Sales Talk/presentation. The property agent who was presenting to me was a mechanical engineer. Very professional---- no 'pressure selling' tactics like the singapore property agents of the 1980's(now wiped out by the stringent CEA/CEHA standards). In those days, i was not experienced in property investment calculations, so i did not buy. I mean, you could have told me the darned thing returns 30% rental per annum, and i would not have known if that was good or bad. Today? I will grab anything that gives me 10% rental return!!!!!!

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one I mentioned is this - http://www.castlewoodgroup.com/videos.php.. They use the NIKKI BEACH branch and the local celebrity is Irene Ang ('wife' of Phua Chu Kang). I went into her facebook and she mentioned it there.

Still S$35k is kind of big sum for me...

Just because someone is a Star, it does not necessarily follow that he/she know how to invest.

Come to think of it, these days, even if a Star tells me to use XYZ brand face cream, i will run far far away from the same XYZ brand.

To be skeptical is to stay alive.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, these mat rempit are they all over JB, or concentrated on certain areas only?

Thanks, finally I understand. First time in my life I heard of this term. So shocking they so daring - 200,000 is a lot!!! Can't the police do anything about it?