• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Char brings you to Mongolia

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next up on my travelogue is Mongolia. This came right after the trip to North Korea. I came across a tour to Mongolia in China so I joined the tour. Flew to Ulanbaator, the Mongolian capital, from Beijing. 4 day 3 night trip. Unfortunately due to flight delays we had to skip the city tour at Ulanbaator. The whole country makes me feel like I'm in Australia

This tour is very different from most other countries I've been to.
1)the Mongolians are mostly nomads so they do not have many spectacular ancient structures/sites to visit. The temples are pretty pathetic.
2)the country is vast with a very small population so interaction with locals is mostly kept to the guide and driver.
3)the places of interest are spread pretty far apart, the entire tour was half day car ride, visit to the site in the afternoon
4)the tour focus more on understanding the nomad way of life and visiting/interacting with them. In fact you can choose to stay with the families if you want to instead of in a Ger camp
5)the temperature variation is ridiculous. Midday temperature was around the low 20s, at night it drops to sub-zero temperatures
6)My favorite part is probably the fact that once outside the city, your nearest neighbor is probably 2-3km away at the very least!!!!
7)Phone signal is pretty intermittent outside the city, needless to say don't expect broadband internet at the Ger camps.

And for all the Chikopeis in here unlike my North Korean one, this one no chio bu. I hardly met any bu to begin with

Ulanbaator City
IMG_6788.JPG

Day 2: Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dunes

Mongolian Shaman Idol
IMG_6800.JPG

They called this an Awar. Some form of long distance communication method
IMG_6803.JPG

Even the towns and villages reminds me of Aussie towns
IMG_6807.JPG

Once out of the city, grass plains as far as U can see and your next door neighbor is at least 1-2km away
IMG_6808.JPG

A tourist Ger camp
IMG_6813.JPG

IMG_6818.JPG

This is what the inside of the tent looks like
IMG_6816.JPG

The Restaurant
IMG_6822.JPG

This is what Mongolians eat. I asked if it's normal for them to eat at home like this and they told me yes.
IMG_6827.JPG

A Buddhist Temple
IMG_6836.JPG

The temple seems closer to the Tibetan style than ours
IMG_6840.JPG

IMG_6856.JPG

I have no clue who this guy is
IMG_6845.JPG

Camel Ride into the Sand Dunes. 2 hump camels are unique to this part of the world
IMG_6876.JPG

IMG_6877.JPG

The Elsen Tasarkhai Sand Dunes
IMG_6894.JPG

Inside the home of my Camel Guide
IMG_6904.JPG

Day 3: Visiting a family with Horses to see horse milking
IMG_6908.JPG

They first feed the fowl and pull him away shortly after than immediately start milking
IMG_6910.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

Another home in the middle of freaking nowhere.
IMG_6929.JPG

Visiting the Khustai National Park. These are wild horses. Apparently the only wild horses left in the world
IMG_6954.JPG

IMG_6958.JPG

A Marmot(middle of pic)
IMG_6972.JPG

Day 4: Chinggis Khan Statue
IMG_6999.JPG

IMG_7007.JPG

Biggest Shoe in the world
IMG_7003.JPG

The Terelj National Park
IMG_7065.JPG

Yaks
IMG_7022.JPG

Turtle Rock at the Terelj National Park
IMG_7035.JPG

IMG_7036.JPG

A Buddhist temple at the Terelj National Park
IMG_7041.JPG

IMG_7044.JPG

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any pics of the hot mongolian chicks? Or they are not chio at all?

They look very eurasian. No hot chick already mention in the post. The tour took place mainly outside the city. Most times you don't even see a single soul let alone a hot chick

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm a descendant of Genghis Khan.....that's why I've great affinity with Russian girls.

laksa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the online tour. Don't forget to snap some pics of local chicks when you are back in the city. Curious how the chicks look like or how hot are they.. don't tell me no mongolian chicks in the city :eek:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the online tour. Don't forget to snap some pics of local chicks when you are back in the city. Curious how the chicks look like or how hot are they.. don't tell me no mongolian chicks in the city :eek:

Damn, no one read my post. Already stated no Zha Bor pics. I missed the first day tour in the city because the freaking flight was delayed. By the time I reach Ulanbaator it was late at night. Next day they immediately drove me out the city. Last day immediately drove me to the airport never really stop at the city.

Looking forward to more of your trip reports.

Have to wait till next year than. I visited Dandong, Beijing, Xian and Dalian this trip but I don't think U guys will be interested. I mainly post only those places I think U guys have not gone before. I am almost out of leave this year coz I made another trip to Japan in Feb, so no more long trips. As for next year, I am thinking of either Scandinavia + Russia, South Africa or Turkey + Greece + Iran. Still early planning stage.

Or maybe I'll post some old photos of other trips I took in the last 2-3 years. Anyone interested in the Middle East or Europe?

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They don't even bother digging. Just do it somewhere no one can see U. Not like there's anyone around. They have so many livestock shitting all over the place, U won't notice the extra pile from the humans

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They don't even bother digging. Just do it somewhere no one can see U. Not like there's anywhere around. They have so many livestock shitting all over the place, U won't notice the extra pile from the humans

Thanks for the reply. That's interesting.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi char

Looking at the pic of the food. It does not look Mongolian. Do they really eat the same stuff often? I mean rice. Croquettes. Potatos? Or their diet has changed due to chinese influence?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi char

Looking at the pic of the food. It does not look Mongolian. Do they really eat the same stuff often? I mean rice. Croquettes. Potatos? Or their diet has changed due to chinese influence?

I got the same reaction as well. When I asked them they told me yes. I repeated my question whether this was common every day meal in Mongolia they look at me in disbelief and replied yes so I think it should be close enough to what they usually eat. Obviously we had other things like Roasted lamb, fermented horse milk and dried curd made of fermented horse milk(I REALLY didn't like this one) and meat dumplings. BTW that's fried chicken not croquettes. I think the cooking is probably influence by both Russians and Chinese.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the info. The roast lamb must b good. N did u try the goats or sheep milk wine? Heard alot of it on tvb shows..
I got the same reaction as well. When I asked them they told me yes. I repeated my question whether this was common every day meal in Mongolia they look at me in disbelief and replied yes so I think it should be close enough to what they usually eat. Obviously we had other things like Roasted lamb, fermented horse milk and dried curd made of fermented horse milk(I REALLY didn't like this one) and meat dumplings. BTW that's fried chicken not croquettes. I think the cooking is probably influence by both Russians and Chinese.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having cooped up here like a frog in a well for so long I never knew the sky can be so freaking blue. Amazing.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Having cooped up here like a frog in a well for so long I never knew the sky can be so freaking blue. Amazing.

U think this is blue. U should go to the middle east. Totally no cloud really can see it's blue. In the middle of the desert at night U will really know the meaning of what a sky full of stars is really like

Thanks for the info. The roast lamb must b good. N did u try the goats or sheep milk wine? Heard alot of it on tvb shows..

Nope only fermented horse milk. Not really my cup of tea. The guy even let his 2 yr old son drink it

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn, no one read my post. Already stated no Zha Bor pics. I missed the first day tour in the city because the freaking flight was delayed. By the time I reach Ulanbaator it was late at night. Next day they immediately drove me out the city. Last day immediately drove me to the airport never really stop at the city.

Mongolian chioBu pics where ?

He just said no one read his post :(