• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Illegal set-top boxes seized by StarHub in raid

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Starhub bluff pple one lah

u have to pay extra if u want to watch hookien or kantonese serials

the basic price only for norml mandarin dubbed serials

can, can but i don't know why anyone would pay extra $ to watch hd channels:confused:
If you want to watch hd channels you need a tv with a hdmi connection port & a hd version of the decoder hardware.

There are illegal decoders that support hd channels. They are the newer & more expensive models of the decoder boxes.

I am using starhubs original hardware & if i want to watch hd channels i would have to upgrade to a newer decoder boxes & pay extra $ each month to watch the hd channels. Since i watch mostly news channels, paying extra for the hd capability is i think not worth it.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GLCs have proven that they can't survive outside Spore. For Starhub the internet has broken the monopoly that they have enjoyed.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes and no, starhub are also isp company.

They might be an isp but one can choose from many other providers if you already have fibre access. One can go with My Republic, Viewqwest, Singtel, etc

The point is that once you get on to the internet one can bypass Starhubs TV services. Other advantages as well such as reducing dependance on local news outlets, shopping online for deals, trading with cheaper brokers, ....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's now 2015 & I was looking around for pay TV alternatives and I found plenty:eek:

You can of course get an illegal black box to watch starhub movies but there are many legal options out there if you have access to the internet.

There is XBMC which is a free software which allows you to stream movies. However since it is free the servers may be slow at night when more people are using it. I notice that at Aliexpress some businesses are advertising subscriptions to IPTV. It is the same technology that Singtel is using for their Mio TV.

The non-Sporean third party providers are offering over 100 channels for something like $10 to $20 per month or cheaper. Those interested can look at:

http://www.aliexpress.com/af/iptv-b...ative_id=AS_20150522045452&isViewCP=y&catId=0

In the past the PAP gave GLC's like Starhub a monopoly by banning satellite dishes & removing the aerials from HDB & condos. With the internet Sporeans can look elsewhere:smile: When more "lesser mortals" realise this, the days of Starhub are numbered. Why would you want to pay them $$$ when you can pay less for more channels?

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I see many people, including cheap tiong and neh coolies streaming shows live onto their smartphones. Illegal black boxes are fast becoming obsolete.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just got the Amazon FireTV stick for 20 bucks!!! I am so happy about it.

Can watch more than what FarkHub can offer.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is an android app that gives you NatGeo, Discovery, CNN, Bloomberg, CNBC(?) for free. If you're primarily on these channels, you don't need starhub. The app is called IPTV.

I got the TVapp also can watch many Chanel's but mostly Taiwan Prc and hk ones.
I got Starhub home wifi and they gave me some lousy free channels....but best thing was the set top box they forgot to reconfigure so I somehow managed to see a lot of paid ones for free.....so far so good been 5 months already