• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Risk Low runs three kilometres a day (see how slim her body is now)

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just learn from the mess and move on: ex-beauty queen Ris Low

630yahoo_rislowinterview.jpg

Four years ago, she went from hero to zero as she was crowned Miss Singapore World only to have the title stripped from her after news of her conviction for credit card fraud broke.

That aside, there was also the national ridicule over her poor command of English where she elevated “boomz” and “leonard preens” to the national lexicon. After that was a string of controversies over her being signed as a spokesperson for a condom brand and an infamous video of her banana peeling skills.

But in an interview with Yahoo Singapore on Thursday, the 28-year-old Low said she has more or less reached a balance in her life.
Dressed in a maxi-dress, she looked calm and composed during her 15-minute long chat at a studio along South Bridge Road.

“In life, sometimes you have no time for regrets, you just learn from the messes and move on,” she said as she carefully thought through every question before answering.

“You can never be smarter than the public or the government (with regard to the credit card fraud incident),” she said with a smile as she admits she is no longer as “flamboyant” as before.

Low, who also revealed she suffered from bipolar disorder which results in extreme mood swings, said she’s learned to cope with her condition with regular daily exercise.
She runs three kilometres a day and said she likes sports “with an objective”, such as “chasing after the ball or running the dog (a four-year-old female husky)”.

630yahoo_rislowfulllength.jpg

Career
Currently working as a bar waitress, Low spoke more comfortable when it came to the topic of her first-ever feature film, “Justice Devil”, due to be released later this month.

She stars as Ellen, a chainsaw-wielding mother looking for revenge over her murdered daughter in the Chinese-language slasher flick, which is directed by Harva and also features "Hentak Kaki’s" lead actor Michael Chua.

Personality-wise, Low said she’s quite different from Ellen as she is “more easygoing” and “don’t get bothered by a lot of stuff”.
Being quite a girly person and a self-proclaimed lover of all things pink, Low admitted it was a challenge to take on the role.
Particularly challenging was the filming of a rape scene, which she described as “embarrassing”.
“I got insecure of my own body, so I kept giggling and laughing,” said the former MDIS student.

But she eventually managed to deliver the part, which was shot semi-nude from the back, by “brainwashing” herself into being a victim of rape.
So is a career in acting next? She said she would definitely take the plunge if opportunities for more roles come about and one of her dream roles would be to act as a dancer, especially hip hop or exotic dance.

When it comes to affairs of the heart, Low said she is currently single after breaking up with her property agent boyfriend.
Communication is now the most important thing she looks for in an “ideal man”, she said.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most likely she's on drugs for quite some time for her medical condition.
That's why she seems to be bloated up.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For some people walking is called running:smile:
She would get more results if she increase the intensity e.g. put in more effort or mileage. She should also look at her diet.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For some people walking is called running:smile:
She would get more results if she increase the intensity e.g. put in more effort or mileage. She should also look at her diet.

Bro easier said than done. Best way to lose weight is to do some HIIT with weights training but it's quite tough especially if you are a newbie.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best way is to watch your diet la.

I see those fat pigs at Raffles Place hit the gym, and then hit the restaurants and Starbucks frappuccino!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Learn from the mess?

As if getting involved in sexual trysts publicly on Youtube with Malaysia's Alvin and Vivian does better to her reputation.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You can't slim down by running 3km a day..
For running, the fat burning started after 40 mins of running in your own medium pace.

I suggest one hour of running 4 times a week and 30 mins of running on easy days. Alternate the running between the 2.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you that the body is burning fats, and not the food and muscle:confused:

You can't slim down by running 3km a day..
For running, the fat burning started after 40 mins of running in your own medium pace.

I suggest one hour of running 4 times a week and 30 mins of running on easy days. Alternate the running between the 2.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Best way is to watch your diet la.

I see those fat pigs at Raffles Place hit the gym, and then hit the restaurants and Starbucks frappuccino!
reminds me of the time i taught some kids for "tough club" classes ( Trim and Fit (TAF) programme )
after making them sweat, they all rushed to the canteen for ice kachang...