• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Apple iPhone 5(C) and 5(S) pricing make sense?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confessions are now the rage. Here's STOMP's choice of the confession of the day.Today's confession is from an SMU student who is popular on social media and often gets comments on her good looks, but is actually a very lonely person.Here is the confession in full:"Wished I could turn the number of likes I get on my Instagram, Facebook or Tumblr into real friends."I usually get upwards of a hundred likes for my new PP or uploads on Instagram."People are always commenting how pretty I am, or how much fun I'm having with my friends, or all the good food I'm eating."But secretly I still feel as empty inside as ever."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confessions are now the rage. Here's STOMP's choice of the confession of the day.Today's confession is from an SMU student who is popular on social media and often gets comments on her good looks, but is actually a very lonely person.Here is the confession in full:"Wished I could turn the number of likes I get on my Instagram, Facebook or Tumblr into real friends."I usually get upwards of a hundred likes for my new PP or uploads on Instagram."People are always commenting how pretty I am, or how much fun I'm having with my friends, or all the good food I'm eating."But secretly I still feel as empty inside as ever."

And this is related to the new iPhones... how?

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
a person without much friends will not find a smart phone useful..totally no insight in using current tech...

Yes you are absolutely right..I don't have much friends. I tell them the same thing about how i feel about things they agree or they dont..End of story..

I dont see how having friends or not and buying everything out there today just because others are buying into it, is relevant to having insight of current technology.

I posted how I felt about kids wasting money today on smart phones and their bills...and you get all touchy..Keep your panties on man..

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes you are absolutely right..I don't have much friends. I tell them the same thing about how i feel about things they agree or they dont..End of story..

I dont see how having friends or not and buying everything out there today just because others are buying into it, is relevant to having insight of current technology.

I posted how I felt about kids wasting money today on smart phones and their bills...and you get all touchy..Keep your panties on man..

Your fucked up character is totally useless of applying current technology to your life. Current technology is for normal humans and not for sinkies like you who still stuck in the cave.

Instead of looking into yourself on what is wrong with your fucking self, you go around bashing others how fuck up and useless in using their smart phone.

A modern home is totally useless to someone who still live in a cave. The people who uses smart phones and the record sales by smartphone companies speaks for itself. The people are not the problem, you are!!! Face your fucking hard truth, sinkie. That is why i avoid sinkies, they make no sense and are useless and a waste of space in life. i am glad i did it.

the result of avoiding sinkies like you gives me instant happiness and joy in life.

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
The C in iPhone 5C is Color, that's it.

It's interesting that while the margin for iPhone 5C will remains high, many of AAPL shareholders do not like it.

Hd4Lwwu.gif

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I learned a long time ago not to question Apple's business model because in the past I've been surprised by their performance. Many so called analysts have also been surprised by their performance.

9 million sold on a weekend is nothing to sneeze at:biggrin:

Apple Sells 9 Million IPhones in Debut Weekend

David Paul Morris/Bloomberg
An employee carries Apple Inc. iPhone 5c and 5s devices during the launch at the company's new store in Palo Alto, California, on Sept. 20, 2013.

Apple Inc. (AAPL) sold 9 million iPhones in the weekend debut of two new models, almost double the previous record, and predicted that quarterly revenue would be at the high end of its previously projected range.

Sept. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc. attracted long lines of shoppers today for the global debut of its latest iPhones, the company’s biggest product introduction this year. In New York, customers queued up around the block to get into Apple’s flagship Fifth Avenue store. The iPhone 5s and 5c handsets also went on sale today in London, Japan and Hong Kong. It’s the first time Apple is rolling out its flagship product for sale in China on the same day as elsewhere. (Source: Bloomberg)

The sales reached record territory despite supply constraints for the 5s, the higher-end version of the new lineup, Cupertino, California-based Apple said today in a statement. Analysts had estimated the company would sell 5 million to 7.75 million units of the upgraded iPhone 5s and multicolor 5c models. Gross profit margins also will be at the top end of its predicted range, the company said.

“While we’ve sold out of our initial supply of iPhone 5s, stores continue to receive new iPhone shipments regularly,” Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook said in the statement. “We appreciate everyone’s patience and are working hard to build enough new iPhones for everyone.”

Apple’s shares rose as much as 6.5 percent in early trading as the results alleviated investor concern about a slump at the world’s largest technology company. The iPhone is Apple’s most important product, accounting for half its sales. The company has seen its revenue and profit growth slow and has ceded market share in the $280 billion smartphone market to Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) and other rivals.
Chinese Rollout

The smartphones went on sale Sept. 20 in U.S., Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the U.K. It’s the first time Apple rolled out its flagship product for sale in China on the same day as elsewhere, abandoning the usual three-month delay, as the company seeks to lure new customers in the world’s largest mobile-phone market.

The more feature-rich iPhone 5s has an improved camera, fingerprint-reader and faster processor. It comes in three color variations -- black/gray, white/silver and white/gold -- and costs $199 to $399 in the U.S. with a two-year wireless contract. The less-expensive 5c model is a reconfigured version of last year’s iPhone with a plastic casing that comes in five colors. It starts at $99 with a contract.

In a separate filing, Apple said it expects total revenue for the current quarter to be near the high end of its previously provided forecast of $34 billion to $37 billion. Gross margin, the portion of sales remaining after deducting product costs, will be near the high end of a range of 36 percent to 37 percent.
Long Lines

Shoppers lined up at Apple Stores in New York, Munich, Tokyo and other cities, with some waiting for days to get their hands on the new models. The gold version emerged as the hottest seller, and AT&T Inc., Sprint Corp., T-Mobile US Inc. (TMUS) and Verizon Wireless won’t be able to ship gold iPhones until October, while the others are available this month, Apple said on its website.

Sales and profit growth has slowed at Apple in the absence of major new product categories, and the company is counting on the new iPhone designs to lure new customers and spur growth.

Analysts’ estimates varied on iPhone sales over the debut weekend due to projected limited supplies of the iPhone 5s. Gene Munster of Piper Jaffray Cos. said Apple would probably sell 5 million to 6 million, while Citigroup Inc.’s Glen Yeung predicted as many as 7.75 million.

Apple rose as high as $498 in premarket trading. The shares have declined 12 percent this year through yesterday, compared with a 20 percent gain for the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index.

Apple was criticized by many analysts, who said the company priced the iPhone 5c too high for many emerging markets where customers don’t get the discount associated with signing up for a wireless contract. In China, where Apple is seeking to generate further growth, the iPhone 5c costs more than the equivalent of $700, or two months’ pay for the typical urban worker.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The global mobile phone market is extremely fickle minded. Apple is shifting its new iPhones on branding/image and not innovation.
Seriously, can you really justify a new model which basically just has a faster processing chip and a finger print security scan in place of a passcode?

And many Sinkies will surely turn their noses up at the 5c 'budget' model.

Sadly without Jobs at the helm, Apple is heading in the same direction as Nokia and Blackberry.

Coolness and image will only take you so far...

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
5s all sold out in stores. but more shipments cumming. the rate of selling out fast favors the 5s gold model in all memory categories and telco type (models sold thru' at&t and t-mobile are slightly different from those sold thru' verizon and sprint). followed by the silver model, and lastly the dark space grey model. 5c models are still on shelves after the weekend. :eek:

Last edited: