• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eco Botanic @ Nusajaya

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
can rent out to students, lecturers, non acad staff etc, a lot of whom may be expats or angmo whose uni willing to pay for good accomodation.

A relative offered her semi-D with 5 rooms at Idaman to Newcastle administration for about RM2,000 per month. They said too expensive. :biggrin:

To yield gross 4% on an average RM1million property, the monthly rental would be RM3,333 before maintenance & agency fees.

I don't see majority of students (and teachers) staying in high end residential areas. Don't think they want too expensive accommodation.

I see a greater potential from the pool of mid to upper level foreign managers assigned to the industries across the expressway. Then again, the choices available to these folks are aplenty.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
A relative offered her semi-D with 5 rooms at Idaman to Newcastle administration for about RM2,000 per month. They said too expensive. :biggrin:

To yield gross 4% on an average RM1million property, the monthly rental would be RM3,333 before maintenance & agency fees.

I don't see majority of students (and teachers) staying in high end residential areas. Don't think they want too expensive accommodation.

I see a greater potential from the pool of mid to upper level foreign managers assigned to the industries across the expressway. Then again, the choices available to these folks are aplenty.

that's why i'm saying rental is no good in iskandar. and it will get much worse too with all the new houses / condo coming up.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, I would view it as being nearer to Educity is a good attractive point to draw the potential tenants, tenants categories such as Malpaso has mentioned. :smile: However, rental yeild in Malaysia is unlike Singapore that could cover the cost of investment.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's why i'm saying rental is no good in iskandar. and it will get much worse too with all the new houses / condo coming up.

yes generally so, but seems niche locations like East Ledang and Horizon Hills can still fetch pretty good rentals

like terrancetan, i still thinking about the niche for this project :wink:

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have checked the location. the area had put up barrier ready for constrution. Location is just next to Educity BUT BUT there is a lot of High Tension Cable around the area from roundabount (Mydin)-->Educity->ECOBOTANIC-->GelangPatah.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand there is a club house facility, it is share by 600+ unit?

Club house located at north end of the park.

Yes, used by 600+ residential units. Not sure service apt residents and commercial lots get to use. First 6 months free use. Thereafter pay monthly subscription.

If take up rate by residents to continue monthly dues not enough, then open to public to sustain club operations.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh is by subscription, so this is not included in the monthly mainteance fees. That's interesting!

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal
can rent out to students, lecturers, non acad staff etc, a lot of whom may be expats or angmo whose uni willing to pay for good accomodation.

There is a huge student village being built.

http://www.reading.ac.uk/malaysia/study/student-accomodation/student-accommodation.aspx
Approximate costs per person for accommodation at EduCity will be:

Single ensuite room MYR 590 per month
Twin sharing room MYR 490 per month
4 sharing unit (2 twin rooms) MYR 330 per month
5 sharing unit ( 5 single rooms) MYR 380 per month

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a huge student village being built.

http://www.reading.ac.uk/malaysia/study/student-accomodation/student-accommodation.aspx
Approximate costs per person for accommodation at EduCity will be:

Single ensuite room MYR 590 per month
Twin sharing room MYR 490 per month
4 sharing unit (2 twin rooms) MYR 330 per month
5 sharing unit ( 5 single rooms) MYR 380 per month

if targeting students must buy CHEAP apartments. unfortunately singaporeans can't buy cheap apartments. so don't target students!

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK I been to the showhouse and got more details. Seems like very little capital outlay.

They dont provide any furnishing, bare units (only solar water heater and rain water collection unit for carwash / water plants)

The unit size and land size minor corrections -
Aldingham is 32 x 80, while featherstone is 35 x 70 (mistake on my part)

Developer provide - DIBS, stamp duty, legal fee on loan AND SPA. Only pay 1% transfer fee on TOP when strata title is divided. Pls not this is STRATA FREEHOLD, not ur individual freehold. Also u cant make any exterior alteration to units, no funky roof, and funny colours.

VVIP got discount but again this is standard like any other launches.

I got photos of the site, but not able to take photo of model or the actual show unit (already up and painted, inside not done up yet) as not allowed to go in.

The commercial shops next to eco-botanic will have service apartment, they say if demand really too good, will offer those for phase 1 if they dont get any picks during balloting. ~200++ units. Bumi allocation applies.

Last edited:

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The land is not all flat. The units a elevated compared to the road. Phase 2 will have some higher lands for sale, likely will charge a premium for these lots.

Phase 2 only semi D and bungalows. (READ - not cheap). I expect them to start from 500 psf build up / land - 40 x 80 smallest to 100x 80 lots. Each phase (ie 1 and 2) will have its own guard house and management, so the more atas phase 2 will be exclusive. Phase 1 likely cant go in at all.

sotong007

Alfrescian
Loyal
EcoB.JPG

Ok attached is a very crude and basic map on this development location.

They launching phase 1 only. Phase 2 only semi D and bungalow.

Included in phase 1 are the 2 lakes and clubhouse which is common the both phase 1 and 2 buyers.

The pending area are currently acquisition for Educity (Was told they will buy it, not sure whats the plan)

The commercial area has shops, and service apartment planned. Not sure when launching. The back half of the commercial land has no plans yet. Maybe they will combine with the pink area for another project.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 12091

Ok attached is a very crude and basic map on this development location.

They launching phase 1 only. Phase 2 only semi D and bungalow.

Included in phase 1 are the 2 lakes and clubhouse which is common the both phase 1 and 2 buyers.

The pending area are currently acquisition for Educity (Was told they will buy it, not sure whats the plan)

The commercial area has shops, and service apartment planned. Not sure when launching. The back half of the commercial land has no plans yet. Maybe they will combine with the pink area for another project.

thanks for this very informative map .