• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eco Botanic @ Nusajaya

marklim

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is our duty as responsible forummers to refrain from propagating such false information. Nonetheless, I think people here are mature and intelligent enough to look at the facts and judge for themselves.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is our duty as responsible forummers to refrain from propagating such false information. Nonetheless, I think people here are mature and intelligent enough to look at the facts and judge for themselves.

Propagating? maybe you should ask yourself, will you buy a house that near HTC? Be honest to yourself. Is the fact.....not fiction.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 80916

Does anyone know, How to measure EMF on a practical level ?

What is more unhealthy ?

Living on the 1st Floor, above the Electric Switch Room in a Condo,

Or

Living in a landed house, approx. 50mfrom the high tension wires ?

Thanks

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is more unhealthy ?

Or

Thanks

As i mention, it is a taboo..... and risk is always there...either low or high is really hard to know. Even scientist hard to answer you. But if you ask the developer...they sure tell you NO PROBLEM!

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recalled one mah sing project Austin Perdana also have this problem last time. When the owners get their keys, they immediately wanted to sell it off because their houses are so visible to HTC. When they choose their unit during launching, all the HTCs was erased from the masterplan.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is more unhealthy ?

Or

Thanks

The most important is to ensure no line of sight from the HTC, like having a wall or something like that. That will substantially reduce any effect.

Those with basic background of electrical engineering will know. Any current passing through a wire will generate a magnetic field. The strength of the field depends on the level of current. Any effects on human is not substantiated.

This is just general info and not pertaining to any development as I am not familiar with the development in this thread. Should move this topic to a general thread.

marklim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly I would, as I am an informed buyer, for the same reason I would buy a mobile phone. So now that you knows the facts, would u stay in an apartment or work in an office with EM cables running nearby?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoid within 500m from HTC. It is unhealthy when selling your house. :p

Oh..do note some pylons 大支, make yr own adjustment.

Last edited:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since on this HTC topic, i think SG's are all running underground???
I suppose being underground helps???

:confused:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can buy a EMF device from taobao for few hundred RMB.

Tested the htc when we were driving past it. Needle shot up rather high ONLY when we were directly underneath it up from zero readings just <5m before. Can also test on electrical station (if near house), h/p, cars (different readings for different carmakes and put on dashboard with engine running to measure)...etc.

Hope this helps.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
To have a more unbiased view, here an article from BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/4606045.stm

Here is another report by the NZ Ministry of Health:

http://www.who.int/peh-emf/project/mapnatreps/nznrl_emfbooklet2008.pdf

One of the Q&A from the report:

If I live near a high voltage transmission line, am I exposed to dangerous field levels?

Measurements on power lines in New Zealand have shown that even directly beneath the line, the electric and magnetic fields are well below the recommended exposure limits. Typically, the field levels decrease to the background levels found in many houses (from house wiring and domestic appliances) within 50–100 metres of the line.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the recommendation from this NZ document..

Prudent Avoidance

Just have to give it to them on the excellent choice of words.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the recommendation from this NZ document..

Prudent Avoidance

Just have to give it to them on the excellent choice of words.

Agree! I like the way they explained it .....

When buying a new house, proximity to power lines might be one of many things considered. However, even if ELF fields were eventually shown to pose a health risk, factors such as traffic patterns in nearby streets, air quality, and hazards such as open fires, pools and common household appliances are likely to be more important for the health and safety of adults and children. Moving home to get away from power lines goes beyond what would be considered prudent avoidance.

Make a long story short, while driving in Nusajaya, I am more scared of some drivers speeding into the roundabouts than the EMF from pylons .......

Last edited:

jovinchiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would interest you to see the actual site. Part of it is already tangible. Besides, if you wait till everything is tangible before investing, how do you profit from any investments? The entire Nusajaya is still pretty much a masterplan and a work in progress.
We called it an investment because we have foreseen the future of the projects. I don't understand why people keep concern about the HTC. Can they talk about something new or something else?? How about the concept of the houses and the whole environment and township? If other developer trying to develop this piece of land, will they come out with such interesting idea? Seems like there is someone who can't think big and only support those China developers.
Let us anticipate Nusajaya in a few years time bro! =)

jovinchiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Concerning the high tension cables which are being put up by TNB around the East Ledang estate border, it is done on later stage where the owner was shock to know it after they have purchase the unit. It affects phase 6A, and the town house. It may affect the resale value in the future, and makes the whole east ledang estate not feel that high end and exclusive as before. UEM cannot stop or re-route the pylons by TNB.
So for EB, the HTC is already there as everyone can see. Those purchaser still willing to pay for the concept and reputation of the developer. Unlike EL, it's not being done on later stage after they have purchase the unit.
So why concern so much about the HTC since people are willing to buy??