• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Westman, I think the website pictures are quite updated......almost the same as what I saw real life there...haha:smile:
So if you are busy, visit the website can leow...

Hi Comfy.. good to know that the progress is going well.
Mind to share what is the latest status?

Have not been there for almost 2 to 3 months.
By the way.. have you been there before as you seem first time being there.. haha

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Westman, this is my 9th point....think you are not been displaced but you are the Smart Ones! I think every Singaporean, especially if you even have a small thought about retiring could be expensive in future Singapore, should buy an Insurance (ie one property in nearby Iskandar) as an effective hedge against possible expensive retirement in Singapore!! and this Insurance has a potential to gain in capital appreciation over time! ....at this point still very doable...

Sg will have population BOOM after the election... 6.9M coming
Some residents will be displaced to Malaysia.. example.. myself... hehe..

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, IskandarRocks san - if these analysts were not accurate then, what make us think that they will be accurate now and for the next few years........:smile::smile::smile:

These analysts just 'go with the flow' and it is best to take them with a grain of salt. They are screaming oversupply now but a few years back at least one of them projected that the demand in Nusajaya will be 3 times the supply:

https://doc.research-and-analytics....=2J+zx/Edao5rkJkI2aV36srd2NpBH/xquYQiG0bvt0k=

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, so back to the basics - why are both sides do all these cooling measures in the first place? >>> It is because they are more worry about the real risks>> property heats up too fast!!!

There is some truths to the analysis, until both sides decided to raise the tolls/levies, cool the property markets with minimum sum of $1mil RM and slow down the immigration checkpoints at SG side.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile: that is correct, if property market left unchecked, it will usually and naturally go up! and that will hurt election, coz majority are not property investors......thus I am not too worry about something that has a tendency to go up.....:smile::smile:

Because of election.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always tell my doubting frens, in 10 years time, 900,000 of SG will be above 60 . Huge pool of retirees. By then the RTS or/and HSR likely to be built, so no more causeway jams.

Invariably they are stunned like vegetables :wink: Why ? Because they just hamtam without facts !

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing!

Wow... You talk about Iskandar like you are having orgasm! :P Sorry, just a joke. No offence!

Hi there,

Sorry was busy with my work and Nusa Sentral renovation (for future capital appreciation) thus no time to log in..:smile:

I can type 3 pages for this topic, but may be just give a few key points from my personal perspective:

1) first of all, I am vested heavily - so view may be biased:smile: haha.......

2) I truly positive about Iskandar and Malaysia as whole - in a long run. If anyone offer me a country to own, I will pick Malaysia over many SEA countries....Full of natural resources, oil and even gold belts.....how to harvest? that is another story.

3) Newspaper reporting and those shouting analysts almost always wrong....if we can follow them and be rich, why so little millionaires since so many people reading newspaper?? so I almost will ask people to do the opposite of what the newspapers and crowd say.

4) Will there be slowing down....sure not as fast as before, but no problem as I am taking a longer term view. Malaysia takes time to develop, so the lock in period is actually good excuse for me to wait...:smile: This is also why I only visit the site 2-3 times, coz no hurry mah....:smile::smile:

5) Singapore population 5mil, 1.5mil PR.......If the transportation and other systems improve, many many Sporean/PR would want to move to JB, leave the expensive landed and luxury condo to the rich foreign buyers to play....we welcome them still. And the rich actually starts to buy...Singapore prices will U turn soon.

6) JB 30mil ....just need 5% of them improve their life and we have another 1.5Mil potential upgraders.....and these new upgraders usually will look for Lifestyle improvement...just like Singapore last time..5Cs...condo, clubhouse, and imagining sipping cold drinks next to swimming pools will make them snap up good looking condos.:smile:

7) Then the location, even if the market really grow slower, still need to grow from the edges out.....so if you have a central location like Medini, and a great location like central of Medini and next to Kota Iskandar, next to Puteri Harbour....then I am really no worry...that's why I am happy that IR is surprisingly close to these 2 key points.....I heard Kota will employ 10000 government officials when fully operations?? nvm, 5000 also can...

8) Please don't hantam me, I am a big picture person and super positive , ...so some of the facts and figures may not be very accurate....Only my view, hehe

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
No issues, Bro......I follow the flow.....the flow of thus far RM12 billion from Singapore....:smile::smile: if the 12 Billion was wrong, then at least I tried....haha...Cheers!!! Iskandar Cheong!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Wow... You talk about Iskandar like you are having orgasm! :P Sorry, just a joke. No offence!

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
No issues, Bro......I follow the flow.....the flow of thus far RM12 billion from Singapore....:smile::smile: if the 12 Billion was wrong, then at least I tried....haha...Cheers!!! Iskandar Cheong!!!

In life, it's necessary to take some risk, calculated ones of course. Else nothing to look back at next time. It's an adventure !

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jul 15 site progress photos available on website

Was concerned initially as I have little knowledge about Distinctive .

Am glad Distinctive doing a good job to keep buyer updated periodically with the construction progress.

Thumb up for Distinctive.

Last edited:

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about IR? Thinks developer could have shared and uploaded more information...!

Was concerned initially as I have little knowledge about Distinctive .

Am glad Distinctive doing a good job to keep buyer updated periodically with the construction progress.

Thumb up for Distinctive.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
my Nusa Sentral Taman in good hand and good progress.....can't wait to have a different feel at Iskandar Residence!