• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahhh, not even a crane? That sounds weird. Did they stop the construction? If so, that's worrying, as I am for Iskandar properties now in general.

I just went to their website. No more site updates since Feb 2014.

If >70% sold, owners should be relatively safe. If <30% sold, developer might run road in view of escalating costs and poor revenue to sustain progress payments to sub-contractors, which will simply pull out their equipment and workers.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a buyer of a Tower B unit.We were there last week and it looks like its coming up, work going on.I forgot to bring my phone along that day, so we didnt take any photos. In fact that whole stretch looks up and coming,with shophouses beside.It will be quite convenient by the time IR VPs I feel.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. That sounds reassuring!

There is a big integrated development right next door, The Volt. Also 1 Medini is on the other side together with a row of shop offices, so I think it will be quite vibrant when it comes together in a few years time.:smile:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the update! Oh haven't heard of the Volt until now. Didn't know it is coming up.

Yah, sounds vibrant when all is ready. Guess we have to patiently wait for them to finish developing.

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking forward to Gleneagles Medini phase 1, and 1
Medini to be ready in next 1 year+. There's also talk of a renowed operator taking over Mall of Medini, and a planned phase 2.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the update! Oh haven't heard of the Volt until now. Didn't know it is coming up.

Yah, sounds vibrant when all is ready. Guess we have to patiently wait for them to finish developing.

I think The Volt is by WCT. They will have condos too.I dont know if these have been launched.It would be interesting to know how much psf.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know the estimated psf for the VOLT - condo units? will be a good benchmark for our IR...:smile:

I think The Volt is by WCT. They will have condos too.I dont know if these have been launched.It would be interesting to know how much psf.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know the estimated psf for the VOLT - condo units? will be a good benchmark for our IR...:smile:

There is a show gallery on site but it was closed as I was there on a Sunday. I wonder if they have launched the residential or are launching the shop offices first. I think there will be 5XX residential units.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah it's by WCT.

Surprised they are building more condos there. Maybe they foresee there will be a demand for it. Then that's good news. Otherwise, I think rental or future resale value of I.R. may be affected.

As of now, property sales in Iskandar have slowed down a lot as the hype from last year has died down.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
is there a new launch in Taman Mutiara?? how much is the psf ? just want to benchmark on Iskandar Residences...
If I find anything, I will share..:smile:

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
is there a new launch in Taman Mutiara?? how much is the psf ? just want to benchmark on Iskandar Residences...
If I find anything, I will share..:smile:

Not sure this is true picture at IR, or just a fake one from any work sites?? from IR for sales advertisement...

Attachments

• iskandar3f_small_view.jpeg
    iskandar3f_small_view.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 295

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest Development...

Iskandar Malaysia, Nusajaya, Iskandar development, Iskandar development Region, IDR

Skip to content
Iskandar General
Iskandar New Projects
Iskandar News
Buy/Sell Property
Property/Condo for Rent
Iskandar Malaysia expects big iskandar investment soon

Posted on October 19, 2014

Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said Iskandar Malaysia is expected to receive another big iskandar investment, which will continue to strengthen the region’s image as an attractive investment destination in Malaysia.

Mohamed Khaled however declined to comment further on the investment. He said the big iskandar investment which is now at state government level would have spillover effects as it would also attract investments from other supporting companies to Iskandar Malaysia.

“We have to wait for the announcement of the big investment as it is the federal government’s project. I expect the announcement will be made soon,” he told reporters today after launching the Iskandar Malaysia Conference here. Mohamed Khaled is Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) joint Chairman.

Mohamed Khaled said with the inflows of local and foreign investments to this southern special economic zone, Iskandar Malaysia is expected to create 1.5 million high income jobs in 2025.

The state government he said would ensure that the iskandar investments received by Iskandar Malaysia would be beneficial to the local residents in line with the government’s People’s Economy agenda annouce recently during Malaysia Budget 2015.

Two days ago, Mohamed Khaled said in a statement that Iskandar Malaysia had secured investments worth RM10 billion in the third quarter of this year, bringing the total cumulative committed iskandar investments since its inception in 2006 until September 30 this year to RM156.35 billion.

According to a source knowing about the big iskandar investment, it is related to United States technology giant Microsoft Corporation planning to invests 1 billion Malaysia Ringgit to build a database engine at Sedenak, Kulai.

According to source, the planning has been confirmed and expected to create few hundred jobs opportunity. Microsoft has bought the land at Sedenak area and expected to start the iskandar project development once Malaysia state government announce the iskandar investment to the public. The iskandar project development is expected to complete within 2 years.

Mohamed Khaled Nordin also revealed that Iskandar Malaysia is selected by United Nations (UN) as one of the 10 candidate in the world for SE4ALL. Iskandar Malaysia is also the only one in the South East Asia to be selected for SE4ALL, the rest of the candidates including city in China, Europe and America. The honor means that the effort of Iskandar Malaysia to promote the sustainable economy development has gained global recognition.

Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL) is a global initiative led by the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-moon to achieve universal energy access, improve energy efficiency, and increase the use of renewable energy. It was launched to coincide with the designation of 2012 as the International Year of Sustainable Energy for All by the UN General Assembly in December 2010.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Microsoft has bought the land at Sedenak area and expected to start the iskandar project development once Malaysia state government announce the iskandar investment to the public."

I doubt the accuracy of this report, unless there are better evidences of Microsoft buying land in Sedenak, which is in the middle of nowhere in Johor :confused:

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also dunno......just sharing........let's see.......:smile: will be good if come true:smile:

here is the link..
http://iskandardevelopment.wordpress.com/

"Microsoft has bought the land at Sedenak area and expected to start the iskandar project development once Malaysia state government announce the iskandar investment to the public."

I doubt the accuracy of this report, unless there are better evidences of Microsoft buying land in Sedenak, which is in the middle of nowhere in Johor :confused:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone here on Flexi Mortgage loan?

They told me to open this account during the loan sign up. But now I realise money is slowly seeping out of my account!

No payment is being made yet from the bank loan. So from the sign up till the time I wish for the loan to be disbursed, they are charging me for postage fees, annual maintenance fees, and I can't remember what else.

And because I hardly go to Malaysia and there is no reason for me to use the account regularly, they have classified my account as dormant and I am required to pay RM10 annually! Wah lao, this kind of pattern also have.

Anyone also got this kind of experience? Nothing you can do right? Thanks for sharing.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Savings account with an debit/ATM card is better for some people, with only spending limit the amount in the savings account so there is little risk of over-spending.

I don't remember any deductions for maintaining my savings account or for the use of the debit card/postage/SMS etc, but it has been very useful for my periodic trips to Johor and servicing my property loan.

You can consider starting a savings account instead if you don't intend to park large amount in your flexi mortgage account (no point locking your liquidity in RM if it is weakening).

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a Flexi account with HLB and this hasn't happened. But in my case its not for this property. I have this account for 2 other properties, for IR I didn't take a loan.

Which bank is this? Perhaps it differs from bank to bank and you should speak with them about these 'hidden'charges.

Anyone here on Flexi Mortgage loan?

They told me to open this account during the loan sign up. But now I realise money is slowly seeping out of my account!

No payment is being made yet from the bank loan. So from the sign up till the time I wish for the loan to be disbursed, they are charging me for postage fees, annual maintenance fees, and I can't remember what else.

And because I hardly go to Malaysia and there is no reason for me to use the account regularly, they have classified my account as dormant and I am required to pay RM10 annually! Wah lao, this kind of pattern also have.

Anyone also got this kind of experience? Nothing you can do right? Thanks for sharing.