• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tat's provided the 5rm HDB could be rented out.
Alr more foreigners (industry specific) are excluded from renting HDB.
There is also existing Quota for Zone & Blk in % for subletting.
In future i can foresee more tightening measures.
Maybe even eventual barr of whole flat sublet unless with approval from HDB due to various reasons.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I have never been the one to oppose having more foreigners in sg to work. Without them, who is going to rent my flat so that I can happily collect rent and retire elsewhere? :biggrin:

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If no kids or kids grown up and with a 5 room flat. Can easily rent out the flat for sgd2500 and live in Johor. Buy a nice car for rm 40k and live a laid back life style, either in a landed or condo. Join some interest group to enjoy the free time. Once a while can take the 4 ringgit bus from bukit indah back to sg to chop passport and visit friends and relatives. Fall sick also can take the 4 ringgit back to sg to visit poly clinic for 8 sgd and take medicine. Rm 7000 a month can do a lot in Johor, don't even need to dig into your savings. Don't need to care about the toll and vep, not a concern for the happily retired.

Haha.. this is my plan.. am hoping to fetch 4k for for 3rm condo..am happy with that.. also...plus 1200 draw down from CPF RA. me and my wife would have around 6.4k per month for retirement... looking forward for that day to come...

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had a relative who has been renting out her flat as it is in a popular housing estate. Authority told her that she cannot rent out her flat as the block of flat has exceeded the limit of rental units. Have to wait till it drops below the limit. She has to leave it vacant and wait. Apparently , there is not standby list. Morale of the storey not to have the flat in a popular housing estate.
That's why I have never been the one to oppose having more foreigners in sg to work. Without them, who is going to rent my flat so that I can happily collect rent and retire elsewhere? :biggrin:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
As more and more HDB dwellers feedback and complain about the increasing no of Foreigners subletting HDBs within their Blocks/Estate,
The Govt had tightened regulations. PR used to be able sublet whole HDB flat. That option is no longer applicable. Now there is this Quota of % for Zone / Blk.
More tightening could be foreseen. To preserve the HDB ethnicity & enclave. The Govt currently needs the citizen's LOVE… :biggrin:
I certainly won't rule out HDB eventually ruling out the Whole Flat sublet option.
Hope it doesn't happens as my parents are currently subletting their HDB & staying with me.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Visited the site last week - pleasantly surprised on two things...

1) Progress is quite fast
2) Location of IR is so close to Kota Iskandar and Puterri Harbour.....rentals should be no problem!!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

2) Location of IR is so close to Kota Iskandar and Puterri Harbour.....rentals should be no problem!!

Hi comfy,

You sound positive and optimistic despite the negative news on Iskandar!

Just to get your honest opinion....Are you bothered by the news?

Every week I hear or read the opinions of analysts, property agents and journalists about the oversupply. Can still rent next time?

Even the SG government is cautioning Singaporeans that the value of Iskandar properties will drop given the current situation.

Thanks for sharing.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
analytically report is general math on 100 supply vs 10 tenant demand....out of 100...30 will own what ever use....50 will not do anything until tenant commit...at personal level the competition is just 20 demand to 10 supply....

Comfy unit will be the 10 to be tenanted because his/her positive outlook hence action to secure one.....

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Comfy.. good to know that the progress is going well.
Mind to share what is the latest status?

Have not been there for almost 2 to 3 months.
By the way.. have you been there before as you seem first time being there.. haha

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi comfy,

Every week I hear or read the opinions of analysts, property agents and journalists about the oversupply. Can still rent next time?

Even the SG government is cautioning Singaporeans that the value of Iskandar properties will drop given the current situation.

Thanks for sharing.

Stay cool, bro...
Inflation and growth are good frienda of Property.. haha

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stay cool, bro...
Inflation and growth are good frienda of Property.. haha

Ha.. learning from seasoned sifu like u to stay cool. :smile:

But how are inflation and growth related to oversupply. For u ok lah... cos u retiring and using it for own stay. Very safe.

Just hope it's noise for now and things won't be as bad as many have projected.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha.. learning from seasoned sifu like u to stay cool. :smile:

But how are inflation and growth related to oversupply. For u ok lah... cos u retiring and using it for own stay. Very safe.

Just hope it's noise for now and things won't be as bad as many have projected.

Sg will have population BOOM after the election... 6.9M coming
Some residents will be displaced to Malaysia.. example.. myself... hehe..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basic food prices are still going up as more hawkers with highly subsidised stall rental retire and ingredient costs go up. COE remains high despite injection of large supplies of quota recently, and it is likely to go up again due to pent-up demand. Medical costs will go up again after the Medishield Life kicks in to incentivise hospitals to jack up their healthcare costs. Minimum wages and higher blue collar workers levies are driving up costs of everything else. With essential items like food, transport and medical care costs going up, Johor and other overseas locations as a retirement area remain highly attractive. All these are without the consideration of any population increase.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found this old article (June 2013) on the Iskandar boom:

http://business.asiaone.com/property/iskandar-condos-now-investors-darling

There were many such articles back in that period.

Strangely, after the authorities like Maybank and SG government sounded the alarm recently on an oversupply and loss in value of Iskandar properties, the same people who were singing praises on Iskandar are now taking on a completely different view. I spoke to many property agents (including those who once marketed IR!) and experts and generally, they all say the prospects don't look good. Sometimes, you don't know who to trust!

Btw, in the article, it was mentioned a Japanese investment company bought an entire tower of IR. Is it true? The last I heard from the Huttons agent, they seem to have backed out. Anyone can verify?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found this old article (June 2013) on the Iskandar boom:

http://business.asiaone.com/property/iskandar-condos-now-investors-darling

There were many such articles back in that period.

Strangely, after the authorities like Maybank and SG government sounded the alarm recently on an oversupply and loss in value of Iskandar properties, the same people who were singing praises on Iskandar are now taking on a completely different view. I spoke to many property agents (including those who once marketed IR!) and experts and generally, they all say the prospects don't look good. Sometimes, you don't know who to trust!

Btw, in the article, it was mentioned a Japanese investment company bought an entire tower of IR. Is it true? The last I heard from the Huttons agent, they seem to have backed out. Anyone can verify?

These analysts just 'go with the flow' and it is best to take them with a grain of salt. They are screaming oversupply now but a few years back at least one of them projected that the demand in Nusajaya will be 3 times the supply:

https://doc.research-and-analytics....=2J+zx/Edao5rkJkI2aV36srd2NpBH/xquYQiG0bvt0k=

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
These analysts just 'go with the flow' and it is best to take them with a grain of salt. They are screaming oversupply now but a few years back at least one of them projected that the demand in Nusajaya will be 3 times the supply:

https://doc.research-and-analytics....=2J+zx/Edao5rkJkI2aV36srd2NpBH/xquYQiG0bvt0k=

There is some truths to the analysis, until both sides decided to raise the tolls/levies, cool the property markets with minimum sum of $1mil RM and slow down the immigration checkpoints at SG side.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is some truths to the analysis, until both sides decided to raise the tolls/levies, cool the property markets with minimum sum of $1mil RM and slow down the immigration checkpoints at SG side.

Actually, you are right. And the fact that there will be a flood of mass developments not too far away .....

But these uncertainties define volatility and risk, which is definitely very high in Malaysia.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there,

Sorry was busy with my work and Nusa Sentral renovation (for future capital appreciation) thus no time to log in..:smile:

I can type 3 pages for this topic, but may be just give a few key points from my personal perspective:

1) first of all, I am vested heavily - so view may be biased:smile: haha.......

2) I truly positive about Iskandar and Malaysia as whole - in a long run. If anyone offer me a country to own, I will pick Malaysia over many SEA countries....Full of natural resources, oil and even gold belts.....how to harvest? that is another story.

3) Newspaper reporting and those shouting analysts almost always wrong....if we can follow them and be rich, why so little millionaires since so many people reading newspaper?? so I almost will ask people to do the opposite of what the newspapers and crowd say.

4) Will there be slowing down....sure not as fast as before, but no problem as I am taking a longer term view. Malaysia takes time to develop, so the lock in period is actually good excuse for me to wait...:smile: This is also why I only visit the site 2-3 times, coz no hurry mah....:smile::smile:

5) Singapore population 5mil, 1.5mil PR.......If the transportation and other systems improve, many many Sporean/PR would want to move to JB, leave the expensive landed and luxury condo to the rich foreign buyers to play....we welcome them still. And the rich actually starts to buy...Singapore prices will U turn soon.

6) JB 30mil ....just need 5% of them improve their life and we have another 1.5Mil potential upgraders.....and these new upgraders usually will look for Lifestyle improvement...just like Singapore last time..5Cs...condo, clubhouse, and imagining sipping cold drinks next to swimming pools will make them snap up good looking condos.:smile:

7) Then the location, even if the market really grow slower, still need to grow from the edges out.....so if you have a central location like Medini, and a great location like central of Medini and next to Kota Iskandar, next to Puteri Harbour....then I am really no worry...that's why I am happy that IR is surprisingly close to these 2 key points.....I heard Kota will employ 10000 government officials when fully operations?? nvm, 5000 also can...

8) Please don't hantam me, I am a big picture person and super positive , ...so some of the facts and figures may not be very accurate....Only my view, hehe

Hi comfy,

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Comfy, I take comfort that someone is thinking like me.

Sometimes I do hope those short term kiasi flippers don't enter the fray and just rent from the Malaysians.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
:wink::wink::wink: interesting points:smile:

analytically report is general math on 100 supply vs 10 tenant demand....out of 100...30 will own what ever use....50 will not do anything until tenant commit...at personal level the competition is just 20 demand to 10 supply....

Comfy unit will be the 10 to be tenanted because his/her positive outlook hence action to secure one.....