• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just stating fact here based on other HSR models.

I respect if you think that even though there is the same population catchment than Taiwan HSR, the SIN-KL may have lower passengers numbers and hence, lower frequencies. Time will tell. I believe that by 4Q2015 will have all the details in terms of frequencies, services (transit vs direct), alignment, etc.

Be reminded that both PM have already agreed that they will use co-located CIQ, so you will clear both immigration in one go. Similar to the exiting Johor CIQ, you can expect to have several automated CIQ lanes.

I think we all agree that the HSR is only feasible if both Singapore and Kuala Lumpur take part. And internal HSR within Malaysia would never be economical feasible based on existing conditions.

The expected population along the Singapore-KL corridor will hit more than 20 million by the time the HSR is completed in late 2020.

Klang Valley: 10 Million
Singpore/Iskandar Malaysia: 8 million
Melaka/ Seremban/Batu Pahat/Mudar= 2 million

So now we have 20,000,000 population within 90 minutes of HSR.

If you look at the frequencies of Taiwan HSR, you will notice that frequencies can hit 5 trains per hour during peak periods. The existing population of Taiwan is 23 million but given that the HSR only serves the west cost of Taiwan, the population served by the HSR might be at around 20 million. (Like Malayasia, most of the population in taiwan lives in the west coast)

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be reminded that both PM have already agreed that they will use co-located CIQ, so you will clear both immigration in one go. Similar to the exiting Johor CIQ, you can expect to have several automated CIQ lanes.
I am not so much concern about the customs clearance because eventually, they will have a common building for clearing both sides, just like that between Hongkong and Shenzhen. I'm more pessimistic about the actual number of passengers taking the HSR. Just look at a regular weekday, what's the vehicular traffic on the NS Highway? How many are actually traveling between JB/Singapore and KL? It's a much more different scenario for the daily vehicular commute on those Klang-KL highways.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pricing will be important but so too is the convenience.
Given a choice of taking a plane (1hr + 45mins on air + 1hr into city) or driving (4-5hrs Spore to KL), I would choose a 90mins train ride anytime of the day especially for biz travel.
Don't worry about ridership, the HSR is the catalyst that will bring the 2 nations to the next economic level - and JB will be one of the prime beneficiary.

Only question is, will it have enough political stamina to materialise?

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok. I understand and share your concern. Ridership is key.

http://centreforaviation.com/analys...ernational-route-singapore-kuala-lumpur-98233

Currently, Singapore-KL is the third busiest International Route in the world.
Number one is HK-Taiwan (Most of the Taiwanese who travel to China must head to HK first due to mainland restrictions. I believe there has been some liberalisation lately. The reason of the route being the busiest international route is due to political reasons rather than demand factors)

Second busiest route is HK-Bangkok, and my understanding is that KL-Singapore is closing in to catch up second spot and eventually number one (if exclude HK-Taiwan for political reasons)

I am not so much concern about the customs clearance because eventually, they will have a common building for clearing both sides, just like that between Hongkong and Shenzhen. I'm more pessimistic about the actual number of passengers taking the HSR. Just look at a regular weekday, what's the vehicular traffic on the NS Highway? How many are actually traveling between JB/Singapore and KL? It's a much more different scenario for the daily vehicular commute on those Klang-KL highways.

Last edited:

juanra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further to the below, Singapore and KL are among the 10 most visited cities in the world by international tourists. There are huge volume of buses crossing who play the Singapore-KL route for both tourists and locals.

I think the demand is there. I have look into it form many angles.

The geography between KL and Singapore is mostly flat, unlike Korea, Japan and Taiwan. This will lower construction costs and eventually will lead to cheaper ticket prices compared to more challenging HSR.

Ok. I understand and share your concern. Ridership is key.

http://centreforaviation.com/analys...ernational-route-singapore-kuala-lumpur-98233

Currently, Singapore-KL is the third busiest International Route in the world.
Number one is HK-Taiwan (Most of the Taiwanese who travel to China must head to HK first due to mainland restrictions. I believe there has been some liberalisation lately. I would say then that the reason of the route being the busiest international route is due to political reasons rather than demand factors)

Second busiest route is HK-Bangkok, and my understanding is that KL-Singapore is closing in to catch up second spot and eventually number one (if exclucde HK-Taiwan for political reasons)

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe you should have. you would definitely have made some money. although i understand why you didn't. as for the gap, it's very strange how come developer do that, seem like it's biased. which developer, and which projects, care to elaborate? could it be that those unit quoted at lower price is due to other factor ie maybe your higher price were for better facing or etc?
No point to mention which project but am very sure it was the same unit.

Anyway, you can try recalling when the agent knew you are foreigner.. they will instantly said oh.. sorry cannot sell you this unit as the price is below 500k. however.. we have othet units and it's above 500k.. do you want?

The catch.. these units generally sold below 500k to local...we.are.paying more just because we are foreigners.. no choice..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway, you can try recalling when the agent knew you are foreigner.. they will instantly said oh.. sorry cannot sell you this unit as the price is below 500k. however.. we have othet units and it's above 500k.. do you want?

The catch.. these units generally sold below 500k to local...we.are.paying more just because we are foreigners.. no choice..

so far haven't seen such absurd pricing policy! i would be pissed off too. however in my case at EW they just directed me to ecospring because summer was < 1m and not being sold to foreigner. it's not the same unit but suddenly jack up to 1M just because i'm foreigner.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
so far haven't seen such absurd pricing policy! i would be pissed off too. however in my case at EW they just directed me to ecospring because summer was < 1m and not being sold to foreigner. it's not the same unit but suddenly jack up to 1M just because i'm foreigner.

Yup. Saw that too. For my cases, it was a few years ago... sianz..

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Second Payment lai lo...

Received letter from Distinctive... second 10% payment..
After discount, pay balance 3%..

Shit leh... RM has been gaining against SGD lately...

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Westman,

Sadly...I received my letters also.........as for the exchange rate: if you take a longer term view, this is better right - showing Malaysia economy is stable? and next time when I sell I can collect more...:smile::smile:

Second Payment lai lo...

Received letter from Distinctive... second 10% payment..
After discount, pay balance 3%..

Shit leh... RM has been gaining against SGD lately...

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Westman,

Sadly...I received my letters also.........as for the exchange rate: if you take a longer term view, this is better right - showing Malaysia economy is stable? and next time when I sell I can collect more...:smile::smile:

Bobian... look at the bright side by seeing it as a major milestone reached! Celebrate... as its indeed and "achievement" in Malaysia.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone been there recently got take pics? Can kindly post here? Thanks lots...

they only updated the progress pictures last Feb only.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ten reasons why you should invest in Iskandar (Sounds like a sales pitch, nevertheless...happy reading...)

BY DANIELE GAMBERO

If you're looking to invest, then the fast-growing Iskandar Malaysia is one area that you must consider.
If you're looking to invest, then the fast-growing Iskandar Malaysia is one area that you must consider.

Email

Facebook

KUALA LUMPUR: Iskandar Malaysia, officially launched in 2006, covers an area of 2,217 sq km (roughly three times the size of Singapore). Upon launching its total population was 1,350,000 habitants, of which total work force was 610,000 heads.

Khazanah Nasional has drawn a 25-year Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP, available on line at the IRDA web site) covering all the multifaceted aspects of developing a new economic growth region. As at December 2013 the Iskandar Malaysia population showed a head count of 1,880,000, of which 750,000 was the total workforce.

Here are the 10 reasons to buy the Iskandar Malaysia Economic Development idea:

1) The CDP has been defining all the possible aspects of economic development and acts as a master plan of the whole economic development. The manufacturing and services sectors are the drivers justifying the population growth projection (3,000,000 by 2025 with 1,500,000 work force)

2) Economic development has been given the priority as without FDI and local manufacturing/services investment, there cannot be future development of the region. As at December 2013, IRDA has achieved RM133bil, of which 45% is already realised.

3) The nine pre-defined economic clusters are all respecting the given timetable and some of them are even anticipating it.

4) Federal and State Government and authorities have been completing a general improvement and upgrading of all the infrastructures (road, water reticulation, power distribution and so on) before the actual property development even started.

5) Singapore needs future expansion for its manufacturing and productive sectors, and Iskandar Malaysia is the perfect location for it. Drivers for the Singaporean decision to invest in Iskandar Malaysia are the low cost of industrial space, both rented and built, low cost of labour, low cost of properties in general, ease of accessibility (two bridges are offering alternative routes to access Iskandar Malaysia), friendly “doing business” environment, and the willingness to improve on the Malaysian side.

6) Even though Singapore can be looked at as one of the main driver for the Iskandar Malaysia economic development success, local investment still represents the greatest part (65%) of the total RM133bil of committed investment as at December 2014.
7) Johor has been seeing the highest increase of the per capita income during the last four years (2009-2012 = +33%) compared to the rest of Malaysia. This is raising the average value of affordable houses by almost 25%, and the projection is for it to be on par with Selangor in the range of RM38,000/40,000 average per capita income by or before the next three years.

8) Malaysia is the only country in the whole SEA region where foreigners are allowed to buy freehold real estate properties (residential, commercial, industrial and land) without particular restrictions (currently there is only a RM1,000,000 threshold and a consent letter to be released by the local authorities).

9) Even though valid for Malaysia as a whole, we are still a country where properties have the lowest cost compared to all our regional neighbours.

10) Iskandar Malaysia is one of the Malaysian states where the current demand of houses with values between RM250 and RM600 psf is mostly unsatisfied.

Dr Daniele Gambero, REI Group of Companies CEO and co-founder, gives presentations on the property market and welcomes feedback at [email protected].

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha... sales pitch for sure. Thanks for sharing though.

It will take probably a few decades for Iskandar to noticeably thrive, based on what is projected.

omnifly

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend asking me to buy this waterfront condo called Botanika which is 5 minutes from Woodlands. Only RM600K+ for big 3 bedroom. Foreigners can still buy under RM1mil unlike at R&F's Princess Cove. The views look good and the price very attractive, only RM60K cash upfront... maybe for retirement? :biggrin:

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
my Iskandar Residences bot with non-DIBS, just receive the asking to pay progressive interests....in the way is good sign for progress...anyone has any recent photos on the site development??

Cheers,

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
my Iskandar Residences bot with non-DIBS, just receive the asking to pay progressive interests....in the way is good sign for progress...anyone has any recent photos on the site development??

Cheers,

Curious..is this for the 3rd 10%? your's a low floor? It cant be that fast because it just finish the piling work..

i have just paid up the second 10% barely 2 months ago... now start paying 3rd 10%? Impoosible becos just drove past that area a month ago...not even seeing a crane....strange...

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Westman-san,

Thanks for the reminder.... think you are right, this is probably not the progressive payments. I left the payment notice of the 2nd 10% (or rather 7% after development discount) in the office and forgotten about it !! Think this is just the interest charged on that.... I better check on monday and pay up...:(

Thanks again!!

Curious..is this for the 3rd 10%? your's a low floor? It cant be that fast because it just finish the piling work..

i have just paid up the second 10% barely 2 months ago... now start paying 3rd 10%? Impoosible becos just drove past that area a month ago...not even seeing a crane....strange...

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wahhh, not even a crane? That sounds weird. Did they stop the construction? If so, that's worrying, as I am for Iskandar properties now in general.

I just went to their website. No more site updates since Feb 2014.