• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To live in JB, having a car is ESSENTIAL, more so for remote location like Medini.
Public transport network is poor and not extensive and is absolutely unreliable here..........wait and wait for the bus alone in a very quiet bus stop on a very quiet road can be very traumatising.

At the very least can buy a bike....Two wheels better than no wheels. :biggrin:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait till next year then say if medini is remote, after the 'missing link' is completed. Anyway the whole joy of living in JB is to drive around in a car, once you remove the custom jam from the equation, mersing, muar malacca, kL seems like just a short drive away.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait till next year then say if medini is remote, after the 'missing link' is completed. Anyway the whole joy of living in JB is to drive around in a car, once you remove the custom jam from the equation, mersing, muar malacca, kL seems like just a short drive away.

I had holidays and driven all the way to Bukit Kayu Hitam Thai Border, stopping by Taiping, Perak, Kellie castle, Nibong tebal, countless times to Penang and Melaka. Even to JB, it can be a day trip. Tried to Club Med in Cherating, Kuantan and all the way south to Desaru. I love to explore, fisho and a foodie..so if it is the salted chicken in Ipoh or the river fish in Temerloh, I will be there. There's one more place I haven't explore yet ie Kelantan Tumpat Buddha which is the largest in Malaysia...still looking for time :smile:
Anyway, having a car is fun in Malaysia, you won't regret it.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

For Medini or Iskandar in general, it's better not to count the chicken before the eggs are hatched.

In 2013, one of the reasons buyers rushed to buy was because RTS was rumoured to be upcoming. 2018 was the stated completion date. CG Danga Bay even boldly printed "RTS" just beside its development in the brochure. The ready date till today is uncertain. For sure it's not going to be 2018. Not even sure if it's coming through.

Then there's the ferry service to Puteri Harbour from SG's Harbourfront. Ready by 2013, or 2014? Nothing of that.

Volt Corporation in Medini.... Nice video. Hotel, mega convention center, service apts, etc.... now still a grassland.

MDIS... supposed to be completed in 2015. Now not even 1/2 way done?

Gleneagles hospital... yes completed already... but the number of patients does not justify the size of building.

Mall of Medini.... depicted as a great place to shop and eat... but it's just a single level kind of food court with so-so quality of food.

Other Medini office buildings.... quiet.

Completed condos... deserted

There are lots of other examples that can be given.

Let's just let Medini and Iskandar develop at their own pace. We shouldn't speculate or claim that any amenities or new building will be a "catalytic factor" to cause them to boom.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes and all these can still be done while living in Singapore, what! Just take off from work on a nice weekend and do it. Don't see what is the big deal. Why must this joy be only for those living in JB? Weekday traffic is usually clear and no jams.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

To avoid weekend massive jam,I make an effort to arrive at the immigration before 6 :15 am.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and all these can still be done while living in Singapore, what! Just take off from work on a nice weekend and do it. Don't see what is the big deal. Why must this joy be only for those living in JB? Weekday traffic is usually clear and no jams.

aiyo, why you are at it again. I said it many times, everybody has their way of seeing things and i respect that, just like i respect people in sg prefer to retire in their hdb and be happy about it, perfectly fine. You are most welcomed to provide your alternative views (like mpan12 and enjoylife) but you don't need to shoot other's down. Don't win an argument and lose the rest. I rest my case here.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo, why you are at it again. I said it many times, everybody has their way of seeing things and i respect that, just like i respect people in sg prefer to retire in their hdb and be happy about it, perfectly fine. You are most welcomed to provide your alternative views (like mpan12 and enjoylife) but you don't need to shoot other's down. Don't win an argument and lose the rest. I rest my case here.

Nowadays if I see the few familiar names popping up on any new messages, I lazy to click to open. I already know what the content is going to be. Same topic day in day out. So just leave it as it is.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many still hoping, betting, threatening that the Malaysian govt change their mind and reduce the threshold to half a milliom. ?. Hehhe...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many still hoping, betting, threatening that the Malaysian govt change their mind and reduce the threshold to half a milliom. ?. Hehhe...

They are nice people..they give free advice. Good entertainment...so don't complain.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

New development around Medini area had slowed or withheld from last year, so your so called "missing link" will be very much delayed.
Medini area will be still remote in another 5 to 8 year at least..........so by next year, you'll see nothing much had changed.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it hard to visualise Medini developing so soon. I think even in the next 5 years it's going to be pretty quiet. Maybe 10-15 years later there might be more progress? But that's really far far away....

These are some of the places I visited in Medini only recently:

Iskandar Residences shown by the 2 stars. While I like the quiet street for a change, there's really nothing to do or see there. Just lots of condos under construction.
IR1_zpsxeag6izv.jpg

Even the Mall of Medini was very quiet. Was expecting more crowd due to the school holiday. I wish the mall could be more "exciting"....
IR7%20Mall%20of%20Medini%20quiet_zps8xxnndbc.jpg

1 Medini Hub by WCT. The row of shop lots are totally empty except for a convenience store and a restaurant. Even if there are tenants, I doubt they can cater to many people.
IR6%20empty%20shops_zpsljbohef6.jpg

1 Medini Residences. Still many empty units as seen by the dangling wires on the ceilings. Of those occupied, I didn't see any occupants. Either they are out or the units belong to owners trying hard to find rental.
IR5%201%20Medini%20empty_zps8x9lghsy.jpg

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those of you who bought units facing Gleneagles Hospital/Legoland side might have your views blocked by a new condo coming up:

IR2%20condo%20block_zpsrsfj2qc2.jpg

IR3%20condo%20block_zpsyyyy4xcq.jpg

This is the view immediately in front of Iskandar Residences. I'm not sure if they will develop it or spruce it up further. But it doesn't look inspiring!

IR4%20ugly%20view_zpszvqschov.jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do wonder how those few shops survive.
If only those Chink developers had not come in to unbalance the condo supplies, the situation would have been brighter. Now with Forest City akan datang (already start to launch on Saturday's 1 full page advertisement with free rides provided to their site), there will surely be more competition ahead.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only those Chink developers had not come in to unbalance the condo supplies, the situation would have been brighter. Now with Forest City akan datang (already start to launch on Saturday's 1 full page advertisement with free rides provided to their site), there will surely be more competition ahead.

Yes.... I spoke to this well-known boss of a property agency in SG. In 2013, he recommended investing in Iskandar quite enthusiastically. But in a 2015 talk I attended, he was very quiet about Iskandar and hinted at being careful.

So after the talk, I went to him and asked why the change in opinion. He paused briefly and said the China developer threw everything off balance, especially with Forest City.

The Chinese citizens could have been those who might consider buying other condos in Johor. But now with their own countryman developer building the thousands of new condos in a self-sustaining township, many will flock there instead.

I read that Forest City can accommodate a population of 700,000!!! Wow. Slap me..... That's a huge number hard to imagine. And despite its gigantic size, Forest City is not the only place... there are many other new Johor condos in the pipeline.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.... I spoke to this well-known boss of a property agency in SG. In 2013, he recommended investing in Iskandar quite enthusiastically. But in a 2015 talk I attended, he was very quiet about Iskandar and hinted at being careful.

So after the talk, I went to him and asked why the change in opinion. He paused briefly and said the China developer threw everything off balance, especially with Forest City.

The Chinese citizens could have been those who might consider buying other condos in Johor. But now with their own countryman developer building the thousands of new condos in a self-sustaining township, many will flock there instead.

I read that Forest City can accommodate a population of 700,000!!! Wow. Slap me..... That's a huge number hard to imagine. And despite its gigantic size, Forest City is not the only place... there are many other new Johor condos in the pipeline.

Personally i also feel that CG and R&F really make things complicated.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally i also feel that CG and R&F really make things complicated.

2 years back, a well respected developer in Msia commented on the developments by the Chinese developers, saying its not our way of life. Meaning malaysia has lots of space and msians will not want to live with 700000 others on a small plot of land, where you walk into the balcony only to look into someone's balcony. Take me for example, I didn't even consider walking into the showroom when I heard they are building 77 blocks of condo on a small plot of land. Imagine everyone has a car, will give you nightmares.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 years back, a well respected developer in Msia commented on the developments by the Chinese developers, saying its not our way of life. Meaning malaysia has lots of space and msians will not want to live with 700000 others on a small plot of land, where you walk into the balcony only to look into someone's balcony. Take me for example, I didn't even consider walking into the showroom when I heard they are building 77 blocks of condo on a small plot of land. Imagine everyone has a car, will give you nightmares.

The Tan Sri also said 'I am not teaching them how to do business..Malaysians do things differently'.