• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this a talk show to attract Taiwanese investors to buy Medini properties? They sound like agents to me....

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went recently to see Iskandar Residences. Building up slowly..... The roads and whole place are really deserted.

Iskandar Residences up close
Iskandar%20Residences_zpslmdken84.jpg

Empty road in front of the condo. Beside it is the Volt Corporation. Surprised to see construction has not started yet. Lots of trees still.
Empty%20road_zpshnprzpch.jpg

Ghost town??
Ghost%20town_zpsopjtthxd.jpg

1Medini condo completed. Really quiet with no one in sight. Fully sold but I could see a lot of empty units inside.
1Medini_zpsqntqrqkd.jpg

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was taken just opposite the road from Iskandar Residences labelled "A" in the satellite picture below. Lots of uncleared trees marked B and C also. Other empty plots not shown. Wonder what they will build next time.
Trees%20oppsite%20IR_zpsq1lrjfsh.jpg

Satellite%20image%20with%20Markings_zps00vs97jp.jpg

Last edited:

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
AREA A will not have any developement per master plan. More for Pine tree studio.

Good to keep it this way.. else our view to sg will be blocked

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok Thanks.

Can I check with those of you who got Iskandar Res? Is a price of RM759 psf for 2 bedder considered high?

Cos I spoke with an agent today and he was shocked at the price. Said very high price. The surrounding nearby condo units were bought at only RM500-600+ psf.

Here you go..

Www.medini.com.my

Look under Master Plan

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This sounds trouble..:( coz I believe many of us bought at even higher psf$ during launch...around $800-900 psf:(

Ok Thanks.

Can I check with those of you who got Iskandar Res? Is a price of RM759 psf for 2 bedder considered high?

Cos I spoke with an agent today and he was shocked at the price. Said very high price. The surrounding nearby condo units were bought at only RM500-600+ psf.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guys, for sharing.

comfy: Huh, during launch it's already RM800-900 psf? I don't think it's that high.

But one thing for sure, I.R. was priced by developer to be even higher than the nearby 1Medini and Medini Signature.

An agent told me 1Medini is having a very hard time with rental. It's a fully sold project, hot when it was launched. Some owners desperately trying to offload now at RM650+ psf but no luck. I think it's on a high side. They bought at RM500+ psf I think.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guys, for sharing.

comfy: Huh, during launch it's already RM800-900 psf? I don't think it's that high.

But one thing for sure, I.R. was priced by developer to be even higher than the nearby 1Medini and Medini Signature.

An agent told me 1Medini is having a very hard time with rental. It's a fully sold project, hot when it was launched. Some owners desperately trying to offload now at RM650+ psf but no luck. I think it's on a high side. They bought at RM500+ psf I think.

A recent offer @ RM570,000 for a 873 sq ft @ 13th flr, asking price, so negotiable!
So works out to be RM653/sq ft, if still can't sell for another few months and more other sellers joining in, probably will be asking for RM530,000.........

http://www.tophills.com.my/Real-Estate/MEDINI/Apartment-Condo-Flat/Property-2016020076.aspx

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
A recent offer @ RM570,000 for a 873 sq ft @ 13th flr, asking price, so negotiable!
So works out to be RM653/sq ft, if still can't sell for another few months and more other sellers joining in, probably will be asking for RM530,000.........

http://www.tophills.com.my/Real-Estate/MEDINI/Apartment-Condo-Flat/Property-2016020076.aspx

They have the first advantage to sell compared to other projects still under construction. But it's simply not moving cos the location is isolated. In a market with lots of choices, buyers are spoilt and can choose.

I heard the few very desperate ones are trying to sell at valuation but still no buyers enquire.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suddenly realize why 1Medini owners are trying to sell so much higher even though they are desperate to let go their condo units.

I believe this project was launched in 2012. Exchange rate then was about S$1=RM2.42. Converted to today's value, they have lost about 19%! This affects especially those who paid in cash.

So those who bought say at RM550k, now they have to sell at about RM655k to just break even or make a bit of loss.

Tough luck. Hard to sell at this sort of price.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have the first advantage to sell compared to other projects still under construction. But it's simply not moving cos the location is isolated. In a market with lots of choices, buyers are spoilt and can choose.

I heard the few very desperate ones are trying to sell at valuation but still no buyers enquire.

If projects in choice city area like the Princess Cove and Country Garden, 3 years after launching plus aggressive marketing in the region are still trying hard to sell the balance units, you can quite clearly see the current market condition.
Its better to have some spoilt for choice buyers hunting around for bargain than no buyers enquiring at all.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comfy is correct. My unit's psf was about 831 before 10% discount.

Some high floor 2 bedders were going at 850++

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
If projects in choice city area like the Princess Cove and Country Garden, 3 years after launching plus aggressive marketing in the region are still trying hard to sell the balance units, you can quite clearly see the current market condition.
Its better to have some spoilt for choice buyers hunting around for bargain than no buyers enquiring at all.

Yes market really bad. Actually from what I was told, there are no buyers at all even at reduced prices. Only very few tenants asking around but finally most ended up renting elsewhere.