• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to mention VEP, they put up signs already. Vehicular traffic will be cut drastically once it comes to effect and no telling if Singapore may follow suit.

Singapore has made it clear they will follow suit.

At RM20, I think many Singaporeans may still be undeterred. After all, they save a lot by buying their properties in Johor already.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will check out what movie they are making. Sounds so interesting. I never know much what they are doing. :smile: Never ever heard also a company will buy so huge a land to do filming!

As mentioned by many, the TV series is Marco Polo. Under Netflix. Pinewood is just a service provider for the studios.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
As mentioned by many, the TV series is Marco Polo. Under Netflix. Pinewood is just a service provider for the studios.

Yes Pinewood only provide the facilities/service. They UK facility is where James Bond is filmed. They have like 7-8 facilities worldwide.

So far JB side only Marco Polo, some local programs and Astro stuff are filmed there but expected to increase. The rise of on-demand streaming services (Netflix, iFlix, Hulu, HBO Now, etc), there will be a need to create more content.

For those who know, the Game of Thrones filming locations have become somewhat tourist attractions, so if MP really takes off, maybe local tourist industry can tap on this.

There's a few SG actor/actresses in MP, old names like Tan Kheng Hua & Ng Chin Han.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Pinewood only provide the facilities/service. They UK facility is where James Bond is filmed. They have like 7-8 facilities worldwide.

So far JB side only Marco Polo, some local programs and Astro stuff are filmed there but expected to increase. The rise of on-demand streaming services (Netflix, iFlix, Hulu, HBO Now, etc), there will be a need to create more content.

For those who know, the Game of Thrones filming locations have become somewhat tourist attractions, so if MP really takes off, maybe local tourist industry can tap on this.

There's a few SG actor/actresses in MP, old names like Tan Kheng Hua & Ng Chin Han.

Michelle Yeoh is Marco Polo in season 2.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isk%20deserted%20road_zpsegmuw4pt.jpg

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW... 20% capital appreciation?! Really??

Surprised till now, they are still selling Medini Signature. May have quite a number of unsold units there.

isk_zpslzoge7kp.jpg

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
WOW... 20% capital appreciation?! Really??

Surprised till now, they are still selling Medini Signature. May have quite a number of unsold units there.

Someone in this forum is now offering his Impiana unit, near East Ledang, for only RM580K, negotiable (1206 sq ft, 9th flr, pool view & FH)
Wonder if this guy enjoyed that 20% appreciation.
Being in a nearby neighbourhood, how will your unit fare against his?

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....-sales-No-agents-please&p=2496826#post2496826

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone in this forum is now offering his Impiana unit, near East Ledang, for only RM580K, negotiable (1206 sq ft, 9th flr, pool view & FH)
Wonder if this guy enjoyed that 20% appreciation.
Being in a nearby neighbourhood, how will your unit fare against his?

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....-sales-No-agents-please&p=2496826#post2496826

A point of discussion I raised in the past....

Some misleading reports, sales people marketing Iskandar properties or inexperienced investors misinterpreted the expensive condos sold in 2013 as a positive sign that prices have escalated within only a few years:

RM300psf (normal condo prices in JB) --> RM450psf (1st few launches in Iskandar) --> RM750psf (common 2013 prices) -->RM1000psf and above (Some Medini, Danga Bay and PH condo prices).

So they concluded there was capital appreciation and value in them. I suspect that was why foreign buyers, especially Singaporeans, were rushing to buy condos in Iskandar, be it in CG Danga Bay or in Medini.

But I pointed out that if you think carefully, such price increases were not intrinsically created. There was no positive economic news or creation of critical mass. On the contrary, they were hyped up by the property developers after seeing a quick opportunity to capitalise on the situation, while greedy buyers fell for it, thinking they could invest in the properties.

Always take a step back and think carefully the truth that is happening. Now, this Malaysian speaker and salesman (won't mention his name but you see him quite often in Iskandar property talks. Hint: His initials are R.K.) is trying to take advantage of the situation after seeing so many "investors" are likely stuck with their properties. So he has set up some kind of company to help the desperate owners try to rent out their condos. The innocent ones will get taken in once again.

When all the oversupplied condos are ready with little demand to match, and everyone is doing the same thing, do you think it's going to be difficult or easy to rent out?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A point of discussion I raised in the past....

Some misleading reports, sales people marketing Iskandar properties or inexperienced investors misinterpreted the expensive condos sold in 2013 as a positive sign that prices have escalated within only a few years:

RM300psf (normal condo prices in JB) --> RM450psf (1st few launches in Iskandar) --> RM750psf (common 2013 prices) -->RM1000psf and above (Some Medini, Danga Bay and PH condo prices).

So they concluded there was capital appreciation and value in them. I suspect that was why foreign buyers, especially Singaporeans, were rushing to buy condos in Iskandar, be it in CG Danga Bay or in Medini.

But I pointed out that if you think carefully, such price increases were not intrinsically created. There was no positive economic news or creation of critical mass. On the contrary, they were hyped up by the property developers after seeing a quick opportunity to capitalise on the situation, while greedy buyers fell for it, thinking they could invest in the properties.

Always take a step back and think carefully the truth that is happening. Now, this Malaysian speaker and salesman (won't mention his name but you see him quite often in Iskandar property talks. Hint: His initials are R.K.) is trying to take advantage of the situation after seeing so many "investors" are likely stuck with their properties. So he has set up some kind of company to help the desperate owners try to rent out their condos. The innocent ones will get taken in once again.

When all the oversupplied condos are ready with little demand to match, and everyone is doing the same thing, do you think it's going to be difficult or easy to rent out?

do due diligence by reading up as much and actually visiting the location and checking out neighboring properties and development before committing. was interested to invest in 2013 from all the hype but upon setting foot in several localities, staying and driving around for a full day to get 7am to 7pm feel of life and traffic, and observing property upkeep, grounds maintenance and activities in areas of interest, decided not to as the place is a proverbial ghost town. a lot of building activity but no character nor soul. worse is when i found out tiong developers and buyers are swarming in to speculate but not necessary to occupy and live in. that was enough to make a "no" decision. do not follow the herd.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an investor, I would advise against buying into Medini at the moment and those condos nearby for investment. For own stay, by all means shoot since its only S$200k and u get 24 hour security round the clock. The same condo cost $1 million in Singapore and as many of us are poor chaps who cant afford to live in Singapore, $200K in iskandar Medini or nearby will be good.

Impiana... I drove past there 3am for 7 consecutive nights last month and I realise its pitch darkness. 100% no light. Ujana next to it at least have some life. So I reckon many in-house developer salesman who borrowed aggressively back then are struck with properties and trying to offload. But I wont offer RM 300psf for Impiana units as it literally has no value. No sea view. No selling point etc. The only reason why people rushed in to buy is because there are poor investors and many know of friends who earned double from Ujana. Now it does seem many Impiana and Medini investors are going to lose double if they are not planning to stay in it.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impiana... I drove past there 3am for 7 consecutive nights last month and I realise its pitch darkness. 100% no light. Ujana next to it at least have some life. So I reckon many in-house developer salesman who borrowed aggressively back then are struck with properties and trying to offload. But I wont offer RM 300psf for Impiana units as it literally has no value. No sea view. No selling point etc. The only reason why people rushed in to buy is because there are poor investors and many know of friends who earned double from Ujana. Now it does seem many Impiana and Medini investors are going to lose double if they are not planning to stay in it.

But you drove so late at 3am maybe most were asleep already. That's why there were no lights turned on.

Has anyone driven past 1 Medini condo lately? Have many people moved in already?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This photo should sent chill down spine of all investors.

Not a car, not a bike, not a person.

It should sent a good warning to everyone.

But place still under construction...so I suppose wouldn't expect there to be much human or vehicle traffic. Or maybe the traffic light is behind person taking photo...and it is red light so all the cars stopped already.:p

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the place is really new and deserted. If you have driven past there, you can speed down the road or not care about the traffic lights most of the time. Notice also the many clustered condos side by side.

Here's another view of the place:

1Medini%20cramped%20condos_zpsmvtvdbmz.jpg

Empty shop lots after more than a year of completion:

IR6%20empty%20shops_zpsljbohef6.jpg

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time when posting pictures, make sure it is the marketable type. :biggrin:

Can... How about this one? :smile:

1%20Medini%20garden%20villa%20too%20good_zpsrflslino.jpg

With such a nice picture, how can people resist from buying huh! It was a sold out! But compare it with the actual picture for a reality check.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
But place still under construction...so I suppose wouldn't expect there to be much human or vehicle traffic. Or maybe the traffic light is behind person taking photo...and it is red light so all the cars stopped already.:p

Positive and hopeful thinking.
Hurray, still got one quarter glass of water!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the place is really new and deserted. If you have driven past there, you can speed down the road or not care about the traffic lights most of the time. Notice also the many clustered condos side by side.

Here's another view of the place:

1Medini%20cramped%20condos_zpsmvtvdbmz.jpg

Empty shop lots after more than a year of completion:

IR6%20empty%20shops_zpsljbohef6.jpg

For sure, the shops will be left empty for a very long time to come.
Even shop and office space in Sutera Utama, a very much popular and busy area, had been left empty for 2 years now.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do the developers make losses on all these empty shops and condos?

My guess is, they have already earned in excess of all the over-priced condo units they sold to unsuspecting buyers. Otherwise, how to survive?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do the developers make losses on all these empty shops and condos?

My guess is, they have already earned in excess of all the over-priced condo units they sold to unsuspecting buyers. Otherwise, how to survive?

Developers never make losses once the units are sold, the bomb is passed to the buyers, just like musical chairs, except that developers are always the ones who are the start of the game.