• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is he not an astute businessman....?

FASTrack is to start this year.

"Phase 1 construction includes mainly the Motorsports related facilities such as the Formula 1 compliant 4.5 km race circuit, the 1.7km Go Kart Circuit, and other support buildings and facilities. The construction is expected to start in 2016, with partial completion around 2018. The full completion of Phase 1 is expected to be in 2022."

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes he is, but he is not going into Iskandar properties now, if you realize.

Is he not an astute businessman....?

FASTrack is to start this year.

"Phase 1 construction includes mainly the Motorsports related facilities such as the Formula 1 compliant 4.5 km race circuit, the 1.7km Go Kart Circuit, and other support buildings and facilities. The construction is expected to start in 2016, with partial completion around 2018. The full completion of Phase 1 is expected to be in 2022."

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't even bother reading the whole posts of Frodo and reply to freakazoid. Funny how you could say I am running away from questions. We could go on and on with this till the cows come home. In the end, it's an endless debate.

You made the choice to invest in Iskandar. It's your money, your decision.

If I could leave you with one last advice (it's up to you to take it or not), read more articles on Iskandar written by those with no vested interests in Iskandar, talk more with those who don't earn money from selling Iskandar and ask them burning questions, perhaps including "where else to invest". :smile: To have a balance in your judgement, discuss also with those who have conflict of interest in Iskandar. Then put the various views together and evaluate the situation yourself. If you still insist you are bullish about your dear Iskandar property, then so be it! Many people and I think otherwise. But surely that shouldn't bother you.

It's the weekend, I'm too tired to type out all my thoughts, and seriously, I think we all have better value with our time doing other things. Peace to you guys!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't even bother reading the whole posts of Frodo and reply to freakazoid. Funny how you could say I am running away from questions. We could go on and on with this till the cows come home. In the end, it's an endless debate.

If I could leave you with one last advice (it's up to you to take it or not), read more articles on Iskandar written by those with no vested interests in Iskandar, talk more with those who don't earn money from selling Iskandar and ask them burning questions, perhaps including "where else to invest". :smile: To have a balance in your judgement, discuss also with those who have conflict of interest in Iskandar. Then put the various views together and evaluate the situation yourself. If you still insist you are bullish about your dear Iskandar property, then so be it! Many people and I think otherwise. But surely that shouldn't bother you.

It's the weekend, I'm too tired to type out all my thoughts, and seriously, I think we all have better value with our time doing other things. Peace to you guys!

Funny how you wanted a reply and when one is given you simply chose to ignore it. I wasn't patronising you but took the time and effort to craft a response, but I suppose you weren't looking for a response after all as you are already dead set in your mind that investing or buying into JB is sheer foolishness, thus any reply to you is no better.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Frodo,

It's very obvious that they wish to stir/cast doubts/paint dooms day outlook etc etc.
I salute you Guys' efforts to counter with very Valid & Real reasons why it's otherwise.
I suggest perhaps we dun waste Gas on them. We're on different Paths.
I wish them luck in theirs. And i dun expect their well wishes… :biggrin:
Coz we step in with our Eye & Ears OPEN! :cool:

Cheers!

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a Free for All forum after all. "They" can post all they want. I dun really give 2 hoots.
In meantime let's resume our normal sharing spirit as what this Forum was initially set up for.

Cheers!
:cool:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Frodo,

It's very obvious that they wish to stir/cast doubts/paint dooms day outlook etc etc.
I salute you Guys' efforts to counter with very Valid & Real reasons why it's otherwise.
I suggest perhaps we dun waste Gas on them. We're on different Paths.
I wish them luck in theirs. And i dun expect their well wishes… :biggrin:
Coz we step in with our Eye & Ears OPEN! :cool:

Cheers!

The word of advice given to us is to discuss and listen to those who have no vested interests in Iskandar. But who would these people be? People who have vested interests in some other places, like Australia or Thailand or London? Then wouldn't these same folks be selling us all the good things about these countries and of course they would want to paint a bleak picture of JB because they are vested in other places? To use the same analogy, why would Ah Low chicken rice in Bedok say Ah Kow chicken rice in Jurong is good?

I think most people would appreciate good advice, and to listen to various views before they make a big ticket purchase like a property. Parting with $300-$500K for a piece of property is no ikan bilis for many people. Even if some jumped in blindly with herd mentality, still there are others who thought and evaluated it and considered other factors before making the plunge. Yet the critics simply lump them all into one big category. No investment is without risk, and perhaps it is true that Iskandar carries a higher risk than other countries, but I doubt most people esp Singaporeans are really that ignorant about our neighbouring country, or do not know about jams and safety issues or even political issues. But yet Singaporeans still chiong across despite these issues for cheap food and cheap shopping. This also includes cheaper properties...compared to Singapore of course. Renting vs Buying is a personal decision depending on what the person wants and his circumstances, not a matter of right and wrong, better or worst. Each has its merits under certain circumstances.

At the end of the day, I agree with you that we should just wish each other the best in all they do, even if we do not agree with their choices. Denigrating or jeering or gloating over the choices that people make because they are of another persuasion is simply not a nice thing to do. We can always disagree nicely and the forum would be a much more nicer place to share. Let's aim for that!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
jb is not that attractive as compared to canada for china rich people. cause these people want a new citizenship to keep their money safe. that is why china people go everywhere even to some remote islands in order to get a new passport. however, malaysia does not grant citizenship whatsoever.

anyway, i admit china people these days are so rich. if you go beijing or shenzhen, you will see generally local people are much richer than singaporeans. a lousy 1200 sqf flat in beijing near the third circle sells about 7miil china yuan. the price is about ten timez 10 to 15 years ago. and ordinary people back then snapped up two or three like my friends from beijing.

that is the reason china people buying up properties everywhere from auckland to au. one beijing flat for one big landed house and citizenship plus tuition fee.

Ya...I agree with our that these rich China people want to leave China completely, get another citizenship so that the China govt have no hold on their assets. Canada provides relatively easy access though it seems that they are sensing the ground and making it more difficult.

tstar

Alfrescian
Loyal
these days jb is becoming more attractive. for example, huawei chooses jb to set up its data centre. and jb railway will be built by china...that is very interesting. we also read that china is investing heavily in malaysia. these people are business people. what they do is surely based on a valid reason. maybe one day the government will give china investors long term pass....mmm....in that case, that will change the whole scenario.

i have a semi d near permas and i can witness the area has several mega china projects going on. sometimes i doubt who will come to such a backwater place...but investments by those big developers still come and materialise.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh pls do not ask me to read articles by those who has never step foot into Iskandar. I prefer to see it myself every other week. And my take? Iskandar is booming like no tomorrow. In fact, the past 1 year iskandar is booming a lot more than back when they were first conceived. Back in 2007 I was driving around Nusajaya and I always got lost because there were no roadsigns and not a single factories for me to identify WHERE I am

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a 2 hour solid oil massage + a solid feast at Tea Garden + some shopping at Jusco + 6 hours of almost free parking. All in for just RM 150. WTF. That's S$50. In spore I was charged almost $10 for just 2-3 hours of parking in Dephi Orchard last week! And the food at Rocky which cost S$20 is atrocious!

I am living it up in JB so I do not need any NUS or SMU analysts from Singapore who has never step foot into Iskandar to write articles to tell me I have made wrong decisions. My advice for them is to do a good job, get your 5000 a month salary and shoot for a BTO and an Altis to drive forever in Singapore. JB doesn't suit you and you doesn't suit JB

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
...I am abit late on reply here:smile: But, exactly Iskandar Development is Not just about properties......properties maybe abit ahead for now, but will turn out to be a good infrastructure :biggrin:itself to support the fast Economy Growth.....for me, just waiting for the inflection point!! :biggrin:

Yes he is, but he is not going into Iskandar properties now, if you realize.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was there yesterday. Oh my....Princess Cove is flying. Legoland Hotel is totally booked. Nowadays you even have Causewaylink Buses in front of Hello Kitty. Iskandar has come a long long way and it is not stopping. Btw, Ramada is going to have another hotel at Legoland.

Which development in Medini is Ramada hotel?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a 2 hour solid oil massage + a solid feast at Tea Garden + some shopping at Jusco + 6 hours of almost free parking. All in for just RM 150. WTF. That's S$50. In spore I was charged almost $10 for just 2-3 hours of parking in Dephi Orchard last week! And the food at Rocky which cost S$20 is atrocious!

I am living it up in JB so I do not need any NUS or SMU analysts from Singapore who has never step foot into Iskandar to write articles to tell me I have made wrong decisions. My advice for them is to do a good job, get your 5000 a month salary and shoot for a BTO and an Altis to drive forever in Singapore. JB doesn't suit you and you doesn't suit JB

Sure you don't need analyst to tell you that you can live like a king in JB, Singapore is so so tiny, you do a single marathon also can reach Johor, so why need to buy properties there to enjoy what you enjoy? As for those who want to invest and get proper return and capital growth, definitely need smu and nus analyst to provide the data, decision is up to you in the end though.

comfy

Alfrescian
Loyal
just to share..........lastest Jan 8, 2016

Johor to obtain Japanese Investment worth RM500mil
Posted on January 8, 2016 by The Iskandarian in News // 0 Comments

Johor to obtain Japanese Investment worth RM500mil 1
Money and plant. Hand holding euro coin.

According to online reports, Johor will receive an investment worth RM500mil from a Japanese multinational company that is interested to operate from the Tanjung Langsat Industrial area.

Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the company was interested to run its operations in an industrial zone that specializes in petrochemical and oleochemical-related activities.

Khaled also mentioned that he will be heading to Japan in two weeks to meet the investor.

“We receive investors from various countries and what’s important is that the investment would give value add to Malaysia and contribute to the economic growth of Johor and the nation,” he said according to the report.

The Chief Minister noted that a favorable environment which includes appropriate housing and educational facilities must be created in order to invite foreign investments into the country.

“We cannot deny that Johor Bahru is well-positioned and strategically located. Due to these factors, it becomes the choice among the towns under consideration for relocation, what more in terms of business operation costs compared with Singapore and other places, we are still cheap,” he said.

Mohamed Khaled said at present, the state has an excellent ecosystem to attract international and local investments.

He believes that this momentum can be maintained to attract new investments this year, even in the face of global economic challenges.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure you don't need analyst to tell you that you can live like a king in JB, Singapore is so so tiny, you do a single marathon also can reach Johor, so why need to buy properties there to enjoy what you enjoy? As for those who want to invest and get proper return and capital growth, definitely need smu and nus analyst to provide the data, decision is up to you in the end though.

I don't suppose that, other than locals in JB, that generally Singaporeans are having a "need" to buy properties in JB. It's more of choice, whether to buy for stay or rent or just be a day tripper/vacationer.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh pls do not ask me to read articles by those who has never step foot into Iskandar. I prefer to see it myself every other week. And my take? Iskandar is booming like no tomorrow. In fact, the past 1 year iskandar is booming a lot more than back when they were first conceived. Back in 2007 I was driving around Nusajaya and I always got lost because there were no roadsigns and not a single factories for me to identify WHERE I am

Back in 2007 I did not even know what is Nusajaya because no SG car to drive (no money mah) then....:o

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
these days jb is becoming more attractive. for example, huawei chooses jb to set up its data centre. and jb railway will be built by china...that is very interesting. we also read that china is investing heavily in malaysia. these people are business people. what they do is surely based on a valid reason. maybe one day the government will give china investors long term pass....mmm....in that case, that will change the whole scenario.

i have a semi d near permas and i can witness the area has several mega china projects going on. sometimes i doubt who will come to such a backwater place...but investments by those big developers still come and materialise.

Compared to pre-Iskandar period, JB now is certainly more attractive! :smile: