• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iskandar Residences @ Medini

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recalled the developer/lawyer send a letter stating the amendment of completion date to Dec 2017.. not sure where I have file it.. will search for it.

Huh... really... :( I don't remember that. Like that also can ar... No wonder they dare to delay.

If you can find it and it's not confidential, can please post an image of it here or can PM me? Sorry for the trouble. Thanks.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My experience: there was once we went house hunting but could not find something that we like, meaning of reasonable size and of course within reasonable budget.
Then one day we found something that our whole family like. It was from newspaper advert. I called agent to arrange for viewing the next day which was on a Sunday. After viewing we made an offer on the same night, the agent informed the owner who got back to us immediately. The owner was a pilot, he did not dilly dally. Maybe he got a lot of money, so he don't fuss over small money. The next day we put up the option to buy. We like our present place so much. Our only regret is that we bought into it too late! My neighbour friend always say: 房子找主人. Not sure if you all believe this saying.

Joke aside. I bought one of my more expensive property based on this good vibe feel. One was I went to a machine shop to get some repairs and the technician told me to come back 30 mins later. I had nothing to do and decided to drive around for a look see. I saw an agent hanging up a sale banner and I kaypo a bit. When told of the price and walkabout, told the agent to take down the banner and give me all the details. 1 week later, done deal. That's why I say..investing is fun. :smile:

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
My experience: there was once we went house hunting but could not find something that we like, meaning of reasonable size and of course within reasonable budget.
Then one day we found something that our whole family like. It was from newspaper advert. I called agent to arrange for viewing the next day which was on a Sunday. After viewing we made an offer on the same night, the agent informed the owner who got back to us immediately. The owner was a pilot, he did not dilly dally. Maybe he got a lot of money, so he don't fuss over small money. The next day we put up the option to buy. We like our present place so much. Our only regret is that we bought into it too late! My neighbour friend always say: 房子找主人. Not sure if you all believe this saying.

What features attract your family impulsion to buy? Don't mind sharing with us? Curious to know.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife and I were shopping around for an apartment which disappoints us sorely as it faces a flyover and the noise churned every minute is making me puke.

The next day I promised the agent to visit another unit on the same development but wanted to chicken out and say we are not free. However since we already agreed and even make the main agent ( my agent was cobroking ) fix the apt .. we decided to show face.

End up bought the house cos its at the other side of the development not facing flyover but greenery. NEVER LOOK BACK

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just the average condo. People say opposites do attract. The present house is different from the previous one, no west sun, peaceful and quiet environment, good layout and orientation, no wastage of space as in odd shape or whatever, all bedrooms are big and ensuite toilet, and best is, it is FH.

What features attract your family impulsion to buy? Don't mind sharing with us? Curious to know.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife and I were shopping around for an apartment which disappoints us sorely as it faces a flyover and the noise churned every minute is making me puke.

The next day I promised the agent to visit another unit on the same development but wanted to chicken out and say we are not free. However since we already agreed and even make the main agent ( my agent was cobroking ) fix the apt .. we decided to show face.

End up bought the house cos its at the other side of the development not facing flyover but greenery. NEVER LOOK BACK

In Singapore, there were people who bought a million dollar condo without visiting the site, end up this condo faces the CTE, got balcony also dare not walk onto it.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, there were people who bought a million dollar condo without visiting the site, end up this condo faces the CTE, got balcony also dare not walk onto it.

wahh.. why don't dare walk to the balcony??

btw, you bought your Iskandar property for own stay or investment?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahh.. why don't dare walk to the balcony??

btw, you bought your Iskandar property for own stay or investment?

The noise from CTE is just too much, that's why.

It's just too fake if I say I bought not for investment at all, but definitely not the first priority. The first priority was to find a place to stay in the future when I retire, with my own set of criteria,

1. I can afford it easily without breaking a sweat. Sgd 200 + k is ok.
2. High up to avoid the bugs and humidity, as I like to feel comfortable without air con. Very quiet with unblocked view and away from main highway and HTC. I cannot stand the noise of traffic.
3. Not too big as generally will be just my small family staying there. Low maintenance is the key. I have not interest to keep plants, just got interest to look at them.
4. Single storey as I may have problem climbing up and down when too old.
5. Near to water and nature, within walking distance for me to practice taiji and walk.
6. Lively place with kids in the community to avoid feeling like living in an old folks home.
7. Close to sg so I can take a bus back to utilise my medishield and visit friends.
8. Condo facilities like swimming pool, gym and rooftop garden will be nice.
9. When retired, rent out hdb, collect cpf life and live in style till its time to turn to dust. Whatever is left will be for my kid.

The above are main considerations, the rest like capital appreciation is of course welcomed, but my timeline is 10 years minimum. Having said that, to find a condo that fits the above criteria is also not easy.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a nice getaway. But I feel it works well if you have a car and don't need to come back SG too often (due to the traffic).

Oh... So means you have not found that dream condo yet? :smile:

How far are you from retirement?

It's just too fake if I say I bought not for investment at all, but definitely not the first priority. The first priority was to find a place to stay in the future when I retire, with my own set of criteria,

2. High up to avoid the bugs and humidity, as I like to feel comfortable without air con. Very quiet with unblocked view and away from main highway and HTC. I cannot stand the noise of traffic.
3. Not too big as generally will be just my small family staying there. Low maintenance is the key. I have not interest to keep plants, just got interest to look at them.
5. Near to water and nature, within walking distance for me to practice taiji and walk.
6. Lively place with kids in the community to avoid feeling like living in an old folks home.
7. Close to sg so I can take a bus back to utilise my medishield and visit friends.
9. When retired, rent out hdb, collect cpf life and live in style till its time to turn to dust. Whatever is left will be for my kid.

The above are main considerations, the rest like capital appreciation is of course welcomed, but my timeline is 10 years minimum. Having said that, to find a condo that fits the above criteria is also not easy.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have you considered Green Haven near to Senibong Cove? In my view the location is good and it is next to Tropicana shop houses which are near completion and shops are opening up for business too. You also have sea view. And they provide free shuttle buses to CIQ and Jusco PJ at regular intervals. If I got money I also find this project worth putting money into. Haiz...money not enough...:(

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
My retirement is about 10 years away...haha..l like to plan early.
Thanks for the advise, I have chosen my unit. I am not keen to promote for the developer so I am not saying which development I selected

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
My retirement is about 10 years away...haha..l like to plan early.
Thanks for the advise, I have chosen my unit. I am not keen to promote for the developer so I am not saying which development I selected

Iskandar Residences!!! ok *ssshhhhh....* :smile:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a big integrated development right next door, The Volt. Also 1 Medini is on the other side together with a row of shop offices, so I think it will be quite vibrant when it comes together in a few years time.:smile:

Was walking down memory lane with the old posts here.

Fast forward 2014 to now..... 1 Medini seemed quiet when I visited the area. And the shop offices looked empty!

Even the site where Volt is supposed to be (beside IR) is just trees. They've had the billboard there for a long time. Parts of it are moulding and they haven't started construction yet.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini 9 and 10 has started construction and will be ready in 2018. Look 5 and 10 years ahead, it's not dead, yet.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Construction is one thing. Whether you can find demand and critical mass is another thing.

Despite their completion, Mall of Medini and Gleneagles are rather quiet too. I don't see much occupancy at Medini Hub also.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are Medini 6 and Medini 7 completed and fully occupied already?

Medini 6 is fully tenanted.
Huawei Technologies Malaysia, Medini Iskandar Malaysia Sdn Bhd, i2M Ventures, BCB Heights, Prestariang Technology, Intelsec, Bina Puri

Golbury Global IT Automotive Hub and Training has 25,000 sq ft on Medini 7. I think there are more companies there.

Last edited: