• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For beginners to juicing you can ease into it. Start with foundationals juices like carrots & apples then add some greens like kale, spinach, celery,... As you get used to the taste you can increase the amount of greens. Organic apples & carrots are also reasonably priced & readily available at places like NTUC. It's more difficult to find organic tumeric, tomatoes, oranges, beet root, onions, .... So far the only place I know that has them is at a health store called Nature's Glory at Tan Boon Liat Bld. If your looking for wheat grass one of the places which has the raw grass & bottled product is at Xtra NTUC at the Angmo Kio bus interchange.

lianbeng asked: can i continue to eat char kway teow n chye tau kueh after drinking all these juices? :confused:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Are the veges you buy organic? lots of insecticides on most most veg and fruits.

So far they are non-organic yet, I washed them with vegetable/fruit washing liquid and finger rub it. I'm traveling now when I get back to Bangkok the week after next I will start buying organic as I've recently found the place to buy them.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i got a juicer too and will juice tomorrow..

starting with beetroot, carrots and apple..the honourable ABC juice.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not throw into a blender and then filter? More fiber this way.

If I had room in my kitchen I probably might consider getting one of those Vitamix blenders to give it a try.

However I only have space for a juicer & I was looking at the benefits of juicing. I read that juicing is more efficient because the body doesn't have to process all those fibres. It is used in the Gerson Therapy where some cancer patients are too weak to eat fruits & veggies. It takes energy for the body to process all those fruits & veggies. Juicing breaks down the fibres to release the juices which are easier for the body to assimilate.

I don't have cancer but I like the efficiency. I notice that after about 15 minutes I have the urge to go to the bathroom. I can see signs of the the beet root coming out:o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng asked: can i continue to eat char kway teow n chye tau kueh after drinking all these juices? :confused:

I take the simple view that if you have more good stuff in you body it is healthier. It is something like a savings account. If you can build up your reserves you can spend on more vices like smoking, drinking,.....eating char kwey teow

The question is how overdrawn are you:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johnny so how often do you go to the wet market to the veggies? How many cups of juice you drink per day?

I only juice once a day. I drink about 600ml to 800ml. I usually go to Natures Glory because they have organic Kale, Swiss Chard, beet root, celery & apple
They only get their Australian produce once a week, on Wednesdays. So I look there 1st & get enough for 1 week. You can also get local organic produce veggies at some NTUC branches.

There's an online store where they deliver Australian produce once a week. Haven't tried them since I sometimes travel.

I tried juicing twice per day but it's difficult because it's not always ideal. To get the full benefits you need to drink juices on an empty stomach.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only juice once a day. I drink about 600ml to 800ml. I usually go to Natures Glory because they have organic Kale, Swiss Chard, beet root, celery & apple
They only get their Australian produce once a week, on Wednesdays. So I look there 1st & get enough for 1 week. You can also get local organic produce veggies at some NTUC branches.

There's an online store where they deliver Australian produce once a week. Haven't tried them since I sometimes travel.

I tried juicing twice per day but it's difficult because it's not always ideal. To get the full benefits you need to drink juices on an empty stomach.

ya some veges no good for juicing because of massive pesticide load.

Hurom slow juicer is really good. I feel that fruit juice tastes better from it, less oxidized. Oxidized juice = less fresh. I think there are about 3 distributors in Singapore selling different models so prices are quite good and i noticed there isn't much difference in basic and heavy-duty sets.
http://www.hurom.com/en/products/slow_juicer/index.php

My problem is that i lazy to wash up after juicing so my hurom is collecting dust now.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ya some veges no good for juicing because of massive pesticide load.

Hurom slow juicer is really good. I feel that fruit juice tastes better from it, less oxidized. Oxidized juice = less fresh. I think there are about 3 distributors in Singapore selling different models so prices are quite good and i noticed there isn't much difference in basic and heavy-duty sets.
http://www.hurom.com/en/products/slow_juicer/index.php

My problem is that i lazy to wash up after juicing so my hurom is collecting dust now.

Yes juicing is a commitment. Tou will probably find plentyu unused Huroms in kitchens out there. It can be as difficult as finding time to exercising:eek:

It's scary out there with so people getting serious problems like cancers, diabetes, heart problems.... . When I was young it was rare to hear about these health problems.
It may help to think juice as a meal by itself. All that cleaning & preparation to prepare a nutritious meal except that instead of washing pots & pans you have to clean a juicer.

Just imagine that having fresh juice is probably healthier than cooking a meal.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't have a juicer but a blender and found information about this on youtube hosted by this girl.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rElzgO9w2hU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frankly speaking even with a blender you can make it juicier just let it blend longer shouldn't be a problem or if you don't want to eat the fiber just eat the top part of the mixture which is the juice and all the fiber is at the bottom.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have ordered from merchants advertising in qoo10 & my experience has been mixed. They are not as reliable as Amazon or Ebay:(

One merchant didn't answer my query about their product.

Another merchant who sold shower filters kept insisting that the product fits when it actually doesn't fit:eek:

Another one indicated that the iPhone case that I ordered had been delivered but I have not received anything. Waiting to see how they respond to my complaint.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If you must, then try cold press juicer, recommended by a chef, who is using it himself.

http://youtu.be/JoG4fVV_xF4

Hi, you are right, if you had seen my posts here and the juicer I am using for myself and bought for my Singapore family they are the same as the ones you shown in the youtube video, Hurom. I am doing it now been doing it for past 11 days.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
As of Sunday I had been juicing for 9 days in Bangkok and Singapore so when I was living for Jakarta for a week (I'm now here) was a little sad to be without the juicer. So I searched in the internet for the Hurom 700 and found out that the 100 model is available here in Jakarta.

I arrived yesterday early morning and instead of going to office I went in search of the juicer, my first stop paid off. Ace Hardware has a wide range of Hurom and was pleasantly surprised it just launched the 700 model last week.

This is what they offer
[video=youtube;uCluwHUy-tM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCluwHUy-tM[/video]

The 700

Price is S$600 still cheaper than in Singapore (S$888) but more expensive than Thailand (S$430) still its worth buying here save the hassle of bringing from Thailand could get stop by bloody customs here

So yesterday morning I was a very happy man, very very happy.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, you are right, if you had seen my posts here and the juicer I am using for myself and bought for my Singapore family they are the same as the ones you shown in the youtube video, Hurom. I am doing it now been doing it for past 11 days.

This type of cold-pressed juicers pamper our taste-buds too, fruit n veges juices taste very fresh. I used to buy fruit juices from hawker centres stalls. But after I used hurom, i started to despise the foamy (highly-oxidized) fruit juices from these starts. hahaha no offence.

Note: Try to remove the skins of fruits before juicing because of pesticide residues. I strongly warn you against using most veges (eg. China broccoli) in juicers because there is really no way to remove the pesticide-traces by washing. In the end, you end up killing yourself.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Baywalk Mall in north Jakarta is the latest mall in Jakarta (not all shops open), this Ace Hardware branch there is the second biggest in Indonesia. Also new in this mall is the Farmer's Market a high end supermarket. What a pleasant surprised again to have found out that organic veges are available and not pricey there.

[video=youtube;BSphiIeo0sI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSphiIeo0sI[/video]

Organic broccoli (S$1.30)

Chai Sim (S$1.10)

Lettuce (S$3.00)

Spinach (S$1.10)

This is what I stocked for 3 days juicing

The above costs less than S$40

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Menu for last night

My first juicing in Jakarta, happy like a frog